rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Toughest player in the NBA?

Seeing Rondo come back last night from the dislocated elbow got me thinking... who is the toughest player in the league?

Who would you pick, and why?

My choice is a homer pick, but only because I've seen every bit of this guys career. I choose Paul Pierce.

In 2000, he broke up a fight at a nightclub. When he turned around, he was stabbed 11 times in the back, neck, and face, and had a bottle broken over his head. Teammate Tony Battie literally saved his life by rushing him to the hospital. Needed surgery to repair his lung. One month later, he started in the season opener. He started every single game that year, and averaged 25+ points per game in just his 3rd year in the league.

Wheelchair incident- everyone thinks he was faking this, but he actually tore his MCL on that play. Still came back a few minutes later and led the team to the win.

He's a major drama queen, but he's still tough as nails.

Who would you put up there, and what instances prove their toughness?

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

Rondo is definitely up there...he gets thrown to the floor all the time and always getting hammered- gets back up

Shaq used to be the toughest...just body'n everyone

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

how about jj barea or rondo's teammate paul pierce

Shaq was never the toughest, just the biggest with big man talent

Dirk might just be the toughest himself

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    Dirk might just be the toughest himself
    FAIL!

Pound for pound A.I. was toughest player in NBA. As for who I wouldn't want to run into late at night and fight, it would be Kedrick Perkins.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

now a days toughest is Gerald Wallace, guy is aggressive, no regard for his body or safety. just throws himself out there

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    FAIL!

Pound for pound A.I. was toughest player in NBA. As for who I wouldn't want to run into late at night and fight, it would be Kedrick Perkins.
    AI was pound for pound the tuffest

perkins is one of the tuffest guys also

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dwight Howard takes a beating every game Shaq used to take some hard fouls and not even blink. Rondo is tough as hell if any laker other than kobe or artest dislocates anything they probably arent coming back in.

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    now a days toughest is Gerald Wallace, guy is aggressive, no regard for his body or safety. just throws himself out there
    LMAO!!! You cant be serious??????

SASH

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Dwight Howard takes a beating every game Shaq used to take some hard fouls and not even blink. Rondo is tough as hell if any laker other than kobe or artest dislocates anything they probably arent coming back in.
    LMAO!! You cant be serious??????????

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Seeing Rondo come back last night from the dislocated elbow got me thinking... who is the toughest player in the league?

My choice is a homer pick, but only because I've seen every bit of this guys career. I choose Paul Pierce.

In 2000, he broke up a fight at a nightclub. When he turned around, he was stabbed 11 times in the back, neck, and face, and had a bottle broken over his head. Teammate Tony Battie literally saved his life by rushing him to the hospital. Needed surgery to repair his lung. One month later, he started in the season opener. He started every single game that year, and averaged 25+ points per game in just his 3rd year in the league.

Wheelchair incident- everyone thinks he was faking this, but he actually tore his MCL on that play. Still came back a few minutes later and led the team to the win.

Yeah, Pierce is a real tough guy...

St8Ca$homie
    St8Ca$homie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SASH View Post
    No are you serious? What in the above statement wasnt true? Do you even watch the NBA? Shaq got absolutely pounded for almost 15 years and Kobe/Artest are tough as hell. And remember this is all reletive bc were talking about the NBA , im 100% serious when i say that 70% of these guys couldnt hold down a real job. Most would be locked up , in a psych hospital , back of someones trunk or rippin' you off at ur local y.

St8Ca$homie
    St8Ca$homie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dude thats ****** up , no need to put my sister on SBR bro!

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

So why is Paul Pierce hanging out in ghetto trash night clubs and getting stabbed in the first place?

When I think of the NBA toughness is about the last thing I think of. I think of Carmello and guys punching and running, I think of Jermaine O'Neal running to throw a haymaker at some fat hispanic guy not looking, I think of Jeff Van Gundy mopping the floor as he holds onto Alonzo Mournings legs. The NBA is full of (ussies.

If you want toughness think NFL, NHL or even MLB. The NBA is full of lanky pussies you can jump. That's it. Any middle line backer in the NFL can wreck any NBA player 1 on 1.

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

manu ginobilly

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    So why is Paul Pierce hanging out in ghetto trash night clubs and getting stabbed in the first place? When I think of the NBA toughness is about the last thing I think of. I think of Carmello and guys punching and running, I think of Jermaine O'Neal running to throw a haymaker at some fat hispanic guy not looking, I think of Jeff Van Gundy mopping the floor as he holds onto Alonzo Mournings legs. The NBA is full of (ussies. If you want toughness think NFL, NHL or even MLB. The NBA is full of lanky pussies you can jump. That's it. Any middle line backer in the NFL can wreck any NBA player 1 on 1.
    nba is full of pussies. AI was a tough dude. Think hockey if you wanna think tough. These guys smash eachother all night long against the boards and get hit in the face with a 100 mile an hour puck and get all their teeth knocked out and still come back in and play, and even score a goal like last nights game after all of that. Only sport they are allowed to fight. thats a real mans sport not the nba where if you swat someone alittle you get "in trouble" and cry to the refs.

C-Gold

The NBA is turning into European soccer with guys flopping on touch fouls crying for a whistle and you want to call them tough? They are the biggest pussy sport in North America.

I agree Hockey guys are tough but don't discount NFL and a lot of MLB guys are actually pretty tough too. Toughness isn't about how tall you are or how much muscle you have. Carmello Anthony could be 7'5 but he'd still be a punch and run pussy. You think those NHL guys really care if they are going to lose a fight? They'll fight anybody win or lose amped up on all that adreniline. NBA guys are a notch away from soccer pussies.

teaserpleaser

kinda serious but we'll say im not Teaser Pleaser will no longer have serious back and forth with Non Pros we'll say for the record no im not serious. Ty

TobiasFunke
    Never Nude
    TobiasFunke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

I would have to go with Ben Wallace

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Yeah, Pierce is a real tough guy...

He tore his MCL... you know, the same injury Jay Cutler had and couldn't play with. He came back and played, and won the game. Yea, he's a real wimp.

SASH

kinda serious but we'll say im not Teaser Pleaser will no longer have serious back and forth with Non Pros we'll say for the record no im not serious. Ty
    Dude, I'll have a handi-capping contest with you any day of the week and wipe you clean! Absolutely mop the floor with you in that department. You can keep your sbr pro/no-pro buisness and your points. I play big boy stye with real big boy money, not betpoints and the rest. Your "pro/non pro" remark tells me that you come here to make friends and accumulate points, your not concerned with betting LARGE

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    So why is Paul Pierce hanging out in ghetto trash night clubs and getting stabbed in the first place?

When I think of the NBA toughness is about the last thing I think of. I think of Carmello and guys punching and running, I think of Jermaine O'Neal running to throw a haymaker at some fat hispanic guy not looking, I think of Jeff Van Gundy mopping the floor as he holds onto Alonzo Mournings legs. The NBA is full of (ussies.

If you want toughness think NFL, NHL or even MLB. The NBA is full of lanky pussies you can jump. That's it. Any middle line backer in the NFL can wreck any NBA player 1 on 1.
    I'm so glad you can read

What professional athlete doesn't go to trashy nightclubs? And he got stabbed because he broke up a fight... what a thug

This thread is about toughest NBA player, not which sport is toughest. Its well known that most NBA players are wimps, which is why it makes for an interesting thread.

TheThreeKings
    TheThreeKings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I'd put Udonis Haslem in any discussion of toughest NBA players.

SASH

Dwight Howard is 1 of the dirtiest players in the league. He dishes out cheap shots on the regular. He's a bitch. You cant be a "tough guy" when you go out of your way to pick on the smallest guys on the court. Really watch his game, the guy is out there continually dishing out cheap shots, extremely dirty player!

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

your guys definition of toughness is way off

No american white guy since bird could do what dirk does. he is tough in every aspect of the game

Dwight howard is not tough

SASH

Of the guys still in the playoffs, Tony Allen comes to mind

SASH

Agreed, Dirk has come a loooong way in the toughness dept. Total 180 from when he came in the league

teaserpleaser

Dude, I'll have a handi-capping contest with you any day of the week and wipe you clean! Absolutely mop the floor with you in that department. You can keep your sbr pro/no-pro buisness and your points. I play big boy stye with real big boy money, not betpoints and the rest. Your "pro/non pro" remark tells me that you come here to make friends and accumulate points, your not concerned with betting LARGE
    ok ... lmao why so defensive? Look here im already breaking my rule by responding click the "become a pro" and we'll have this handicapping contest u want whatever that will prove? you can be better than me be the next coming of jimmy the greek why the fukk do i care not making me any money. But until you go SBR Pro You are still just a broke dikk **** who claims to play with a local like most of the rest of non pros. Sorry its a forum just the way i see it. I just ignore Anybody under 100 posts but PM when if you do go pro im game for a contest even though i only bet MMA cbb and cfb for most part. If you arent taking advantage of points you are a major square in my case i withdrew with my deposit i've cashed out at least $800 at least its free money very + EV

rem sleep
    rem sleep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18807

Carl Landry got some teeth knocked out when Dirk Elbowed him and he just walked off the court and didn't even show any pain.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

My starting f\*g 5 in no particular order:

pau gasol

Lebroom

Joe Johnson

Chris Bosh

Kevin Durant

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Whippit View Post
    manu ginobilly
    +koby bryant

I can see this thread is getting away from op

maybe she should stick to trolling

teaserpleaser

lmao at "big boy stye" and "big boy money" and betting LARGE but cant/wont put $200 bucks at 5dimes ... by the way hint nobody believes you and who the fukk that matters in life says big boy stye or style in 2011? Lol my guess 29 caucasian male lives at home with mom or dad maybe in a basement depending on what region you live in ... how warm am I?

SASH

lmao at "big boy stye" and "big boy money" and betting LARGE but cant/wont put $200 bucks at 5dimes ... by the way hint nobody believes you and who the fukk that matters in life says big boy stye or style in 2011? Lol my guess 29 caucasian male lives at home with mom or dad maybe in a basement depending on what region you live in ... how warm am I?
    Mid 30's, million dollar condo owner in one of the most exclusive areas of Los Angeles called Century City...Google it my good sir. And by your name "teaser pleaser" I can tell your the kind of guy who likes the "safe bet", hence the name teaser pleaser. Your probably the king of teasers. A big play for you is probably a $300 teaser, that probably makes you sweat real bad

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by Whippit View Post
    +koby bryant

I can see this thread is getting away from op

maybe she should stick to trolling

TobiasFunke
    Never Nude
    TobiasFunke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

Mid 30's, million dollar condo owner in one of the most exclusive areas of Los Angeles called Century City...Google it my good sir. And by your name "teaser pleaser" I can tell your the kind of guy who likes the "safe bet", hence the name teaser pleaser. Your probably the king of teasers. A big play for you is probably a $300 teaser, that probably makes you sweat real bad
    Yeah what a loser. Big shots like us put a dime on a game and don't even think twice about it

C-Gold

I'm so glad you can read

What professional athlete doesn't go to trashy nightclubs? And he got stabbed because he broke up a fight... what a thug

This thread is about toughest NBA player, not which sport is toughest. Its well known that most NBA players are wimps, which is why it makes for an interesting thread.

Nobody comes to mind. I don't think of NBA and toughness. It's probably some guard who fights through screens etc sort of like the old Iverson but I think Iverson's toughness is way overrated but it's probably somebody like that. Certainly none of the big name players.

12 Last