politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$
    politicin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wade is the closest to Jordan we have seen since.

Mark my words. D Rose might possibly retire the greatest point guard of all time. Coach T has something magical in Chicago right now. Nobody is beating them this year. D Rose's evolution is going to be getting scary soon. Him in 5 years? Nobody can compete, and it's not even close. D Rose is the closest thing to a Ali/Michael Jordan/Tiger (before the scandal) sports has seen since. A true humble and beautiful human being and a role model. This is the type of star kids will be looking up to. Rose is real deal and it's an HONOR to watch him play.

Epic fail @ thread title: Rose is the closest to Jordan we have seen.
    Last edited by politicin; 05-07-11 at 12:33 PM.

AikenJ
    AikenJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 373

I think it's really hard to predict what young players will be doing in five years. Just think about injuries, there are so many factors that come into a superstar. Team chemistry, getting traded, sports pundits, you really can't make a good guess at who *will* be the next MJ, but when it happens, you'll know.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by politicin View Post
    Mark my words. D Rose might possibly retire the greatest point guard of all time. Coach T has something magical in Chicago right now. Nobody is beating them this year. D Rose's evolution is going to be getting scary soon. Him in 5 years? Nobody can compete, and it's not even close. D Rose is the closest thing to a Ali/Michael Jordan/Tiger (before the scandal) sports has seen since. A true humble and beautiful human being and a role model. This is the type of star kids will be looking up to. Rose is real deal and it's an HONOR to watch him play. Epic fail @ thread title: Rose is the closest to Jordan we have seen.
    wade or rose?
    i wouldnt call either one a real pg..........

StanleySharp
    StanleySharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

One of the best finishers around the rim in the NBA... no doubt

I love how he gets after it on the defense end as well.. the kid always plays hungry

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

I've seen them all come and go Aiken. The Vince Carters, the Kobe Bryants, the Lebron James', the Jason Kidds, the Dwayne Wades... D Rose is the closest to Jordan I have ever seen. This is a magical human being and a magical competitive spirit the game hasn't seen in a while (since Jordan). For the first time in a long time I am watching a player who REALLY CAN SCORE AT WILL. 10 seconds left in the fourth, down by 1, who's taking the shot, and who's HITTING IT?! D Rose. Every... single... time...

D Rose is the real deal and will be a role model. You are seeing something special for the history of basketball Aiken. Just appreciate being a part of it.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

This whole thread is a joke. Kobe Bryant is the only player even worth considering in the same breath as Jordan. No one else is even 20% close.....

MB
    MB's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    This whole thread is a joke. Kobe Bryant is the only player even worth considering in the same breath as Jordan. No one else is even 20% close.....

7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6678

rose is the most respectful star in the league him and kd

AikenJ
    AikenJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 373

D Rose doesn't have a personality imo. He's a very boring person. I'd rather see someone else as the new Jordan haha :P

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

Easy to say that putting into consideration the fact Rose has been in the league since only 08. Three years. If you know anything about basketball you would know how significant that is. When Rose is 7 years deep please bump this thread. This is a prediction thread. D Rose will go down as being the greatest guard since Jordan. I promise you this.

Kobe has 12 years over Rose. In 12 years Rose will have accomplished more. Rose is going to be the greatest in the league soon. This is a promise. 8 year olds are going to be looking up to D Rose like they did Jordan. Real hip hop will make a return. Funny black sitcoms starring police officers and guys named Mr Cooper. TGIF might even make a full resurgence. You will see soon, just be aware now you are a part of a historic time in basketball.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Rose is humble as **** and looks like he works on his game a lot. Jordan was all about dedication. I think you can say the same for Wade -- very humble. In the next 5 years when Wade will have atleast 4 under his belt, we can revisit this

korbal29
    korbal29's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65

no one can be compared to M.J period

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

I really do whole heartedly believe that Korbal. But this is the closest the NBA will ever see to somebody who can be. Rose will peek at being a figure as prolific as Ali was to boxing, Tiger to Golf, and Jordan to basketball. In 12 years Rose will be praised as the greatest basketball player of all time by some, and by those a little closer to the vest (myself included possibly), the greatest since Jordan. One day there will be a point where we reach the fork in the road, the Kobe or Magic? point. Rose or Jordan? I promise you Rose will make his case. And this is coming from a guy who idolized Jordan. Rose is the only person teaching our seeds about real competitive basketball. About real drive and determination and commitment. About dedication and watching that dedication payoff. Rose is more than a basketball player and will be the greatest endorsed player since Jordan and the most loved by all as well. Mark my words and bump the thread whenever you see fit. 4 for Wade is nice Wikkid. Rose will be closer to Jordan's 6 imo. Rose is about to put the Bulls back on the map in a serious way, and solidify himself as the greatest guard since Jordan, bar none.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Different position. But I do think Rose will be the best (and most unique) point guard of the modern era. Never been another like him with his skillset combination, along with the dedication and drive. He's blessed now to have Thibodeau as his coach too.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Lets talk in superlatives, and hyperbole.... blah blah blah.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

The mild sub plot to this thread is. Lebron made the biggest mistake he could make. He really passed up on something special. They have something special in Chicago I promise you and Lebron messed up not being a part of it. What if Coach T wins it this year? His first year? I'm telling you right now, Chicago is about to be a historical spot again, for a long time. Lebron made a mistake, and passed up on something real.

1. Rose
    2. Bogans
    3. Lebron James
    4. Boozer
    5. Noah

and their depth is just disgusting.

Lebron will forever regret this after Rose asserts himself as the best guard since Jordan. I PROMISE you this.

breathmints
    breathmints's Avatar Become A Pro!

i rather see lebron and dwade together..

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by breathmints View Post
    i rather see lebron and dwade together..
    Certainly not as good though as what he could have had in Chicago.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: politicin

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Nobody is on Jordan's level. there are many talented players in NBA (wade, rose, lebron, durant, kobe, pierce) but nobody on jordan level.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    Nobody is on Jordan's level. there are many talented players in NBA (wade, rose, lebron, durant, kobe, pierce) but nobody on jordan level.
    Nobody claimed there is. If a bunch of people are standing within different distances from a wall, somebody has to be the closest without actually being on the wall. Somebody has to be closer than another. Rose will be by the time he retires.

NYSportsGuy210

Nope Kobe is closest to the wall.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

One thing's certain. They will be a new superstar with a ring not name Kobe. The NBA desperately needs to put a ring on a new NBA superstar face. They really want Durant, Lebron, or Rose to get a ring this year, because those players will carry this league once washed up Kobe departs.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    One thing's certain. They will be a new superstar with a ring not name Kobe. The NBA desperately needs to put a ring on a new NBA superstar face. They really want Durant, Lebron, or Rose to get a ring this year, because those players will carry this league once washed up Kobe departs.

Says the bitter Nuggets fan....

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Harold Miner was baby Jordan. Case closed.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

Nope Kobe is closest to the wall.
    With 12 years advantage ... obviously Kobe is, he's the number two 2 guard of all time. When Rose retires he will be the best to have played the game since Jordan, and a comparative role model to kids. Rose is a gift that only comes around once every few generations. The Bulls will make history this year, and time will prove this to be correct. This is a time capsule thread. In 2020 when Rose is IDOLIZED, you will all understand.

EBDOGGN
    EBDOGGN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 130

Who wants action? ?

-110 politicin is from chicago
    +150 he's not.

Lol, on a serious note.. I sorda disagree but d.rose demeanor is what will take this guy to the top. Along with kd these kids are the most humble bball players I have EVER Seen. Unfortunately its to early to bring this topic up though..
    On anoter note lebron james numbers don't lie, and at this rate he will surpass jordan in all numbers. Even though his credibility on being clutch has been flushed down the toliet this season.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

The fact that it's so early will only make the prediction more impressive when it's proved correct. I'm from New York. Rose's attitude is what separates him, Michael, and other greats. Attitudes like LBJ's just lead to wasted talent. Rose will go down as the greatest basketball player since Jordan, and a role model to kids all over the world. Maybe even acting when retires. A movie like a Space Jam.

EBDOGGN
    EBDOGGN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 130

The fact that it's so early will only make the prediction more impressive when it's proved correct. I'm from New York. Rose's attitude is what separates him, Michael, and other greats. Attitudes like LBJ's just lead to wasted talent. Rose will go down as the greatest basketball player since Jordan, and a role model to kids all over the world. Maybe even acting when retires. A movie like a Space Jam.
    No matter what I think. I wouldn't wanna disagree. Its funny you mention this. Cause I was talking about this with my girlfriend while watching the game last night.. has anyone noticed d.rose demenor during a press confrence after the game compared to kobe or lebron?? Next time you see it you'll remeber guranteed

jsmithj88

rose is getting to the hoop at ease, pretty much how jordan started his career.
    will they win a title this year?
    i think the winner will come from the east, i dont see dallas or okc beating either miami or bulls
    but dallas definately has the best chance of the west squads...........

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

I'm going to look for a Bulls future. They win and Rose gets his first ring and becomes a star this year. I've talked about this for the last couple of years... Rose is the real deal and will become the greatest since Jordan!!

jsmithj88

I'm going to look for a Bulls future. They win and Rose gets his first ring and becomes a star this year. I've talked about this for the last couple of years... Rose is the real deal and will become the greatest since Jordan!!
    i dont think bulls get past miami,
    bulls cant score unless rose is doing it alll passing and scoring for every game,
    much like lebron in the cavs
    miami has 2 people that can take over if necessary

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

Bulls have size and pure shooters behind the line. Bulls will mop Miami with some good old D from Coach T. Bulls in 6.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Wade would flop if I was guarding his ass... nobody is "the closest we have" to Jordan, because nobody is even in his class and that is a

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

You consistently live up to your name.

J Boom
    J Boom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

12 Last