frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Any way Dallas doesn't win the West.

We know this Lakers series is inevitably over, just a matter of days. I don't see the Thunders beating them because they're just young of a team. I think Dirk and Kidds experience should carry all the way for a rematch with the Miami Heats.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

If Lakers win game 3 they have a chance (Dallas suffers from butt-pucker syndrome). Now, even as a die hard, I admit the current situation looks bleak.

If Dallas meets up with OKC..................the Thunder will run them off the floor.

BTW..........my least favorite player in the league can be found in your avatar.

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

dallas in 6 vs LAL then its fair game if thunder win because kidd cant guard westbrook

sportsfun
    sportsfun's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5163

as impressive as they been so far, oklahoma city and memphis will be tough. Both playing good ball.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Maybe Caron's return could throw them off a little, but Dallas should win it all

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Memphis or Ok City could beat them. They're both young, unlike the aging Lakers. Dallas is good, but what happens when a young team can outrun then and push the pace? Kidd will be sucking wind.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Dallas would destroy OKC. Memphis might have a shot.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

If Dallas beats LA, then the winner of Memphis/OKC will go to the finals.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nobody can stop Dallas at this point. Only chance is Heat in the finals.

rm18
    Update your status

Atlanta has the best shot v. Dallas

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Dallas has a history of choking vs young teams, remember Golden State? First time an 8th seed knocked out a 1st seed in the first round.

I wouldn't bet against them though this is their year to finally win the whole thing.

FairPlayBet
    FairPlayBet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Dallas vs Boston, that sounds good to me.

Kobe Stopper
    Kobe Stopper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dallas vs Miami
    is the NBA Finals pick

Dallas wins this time.
    Heat win next yr.

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    Dallas has a history of choking vs young teams, remember Golden State? First time an 8th seed knocked out a 1st seed in the first round.

I wouldn't bet against them though this is their year to finally win the whole thing.
    This Dallas team is night and day difference verses that 2007 squad. The presence of Tyson Chandler is what making this team better. Shawn Marion is also a decent extra scorer to pick some slack off of Dirk. Dirk Nowitzki has always been unstoppable in the playoffs, even when the Nuggets smashed them 4-1 in the 2nd round in 2009.

This probably the first complete Dallas team that can finally accommodate Nowitzki without him having to do it all. The got a ferocious Center, one of the best point guard ever, and a speedy bench with Barea and Terry.

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Lakers will win next game. This series is far from over

Junkyard Dog
    Get up and Get it
    Junkyard Dog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1851

i dont think the laker series is over, & the thunder will give them a run as well

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

Dallas vs Miami-- but Memphis could give the Mavs a run for the money.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

can't wait for game 3. dallas wins that and it's all she wrote.

fsfalcons
    fsfalcons's Avatar Become A Pro!

I honestly like the Grizzlies

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I'm a Thunder fan and I don't see us beating Dallas IF we get by Memphis.

I'm really worried about our series with Memphis they are a damn good team with some veterans. It would not be that big of an upset if they beat my Thunder.

It looks like a Dallas/Miami final

rm18
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    This Dallas team is night and day difference verses that 2007 squad. The presence of Tyson Chandler is what making this team better. Shawn Marion is also a decent extra scorer to pick some slack off of Dirk. Dirk Nowitzki has always been unstoppable in the playoffs, even when the Nuggets smashed them 4-1 in the 2nd round in 2009.

This probably the first complete Dallas team that can finally accommodate Nowitzki without him having to do it all. The got a ferocious Center, one of the best point guard ever, and a speedy bench with Barea and Terry.
    This team is tougher and maybe more chemistry but the other team had more talent.

Howard, Stack, Devin Harris, Van Horn, Terry was younger, remember they would actually bench Dirk in crunch time sometimes for defense because of all options they had.

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    This team is tougher and maybe more chemistry but the other team had more talent.

Howard, Stack, Devin Harris, Van Horn, Terry was younger, remember they would actually bench Dirk in crunch time sometimes for defense because of all options they had.
    Nah. Dirk is way better now than he ever was. Van Horn or Dampier is not even close to Tyson Chandler. Chandler eats up everything missed around the paint, while making it very difficult of the other team to drive it in. That's explained why Portland took so many jump shots in the last series. Devin Harris was good but not quite the ball handlers or clutch shooter is Kidd is right now in the playoffs.

Yes, the 2007 Dallas team was more talented but not better. That 07 team is similar to what OKC and Memphis is right now. The more experience Mavericks with home court should take it back to the finals. The main reason, nobody in this world can stop Dirk.

frostno98

My favorite Dirk moment in 2009 2nd round courtesy of .............

Wade Dwayne
    Wade Dwayne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Okc will stroll into the finals if the lakers go down

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

thunder should maybe be slight favorites against them. they are a very tough squad who average way more points and stars that are just as healthy and proficient as dallas'

that should be a very good series if it comes to it.

jcubs55
    Jon Bones Jones -185
    jcubs55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Yes, there is a way. All they have to do is lose four games to a team before they beat that same team four times. Pretty simple.

Donkwin47
    Donkwin47's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Dwayne View Post
    Okc will stroll into the finals if the lakers go down
    Gotta get past the Grizzlies, first. Everyone still writing them off even after what the did to the Spurs, it's a joke.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    If Lakers win game 3 they have a chance (Dallas suffers from butt-pucker syndrome). Now, even as a die hard, I admit the current situation looks bleak.

If Dallas meets up with OKC..................the Thunder will run them off the floor.

BTW..........my least favorite player in the league can be found in your avatar.
    You couldn't be more wrong.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1628

Kirk gets hurt the Lakers have a shot. Otherwise the LAKERS have a huge mountain to climb and they aren't showing the proper form to scale it at this point in time.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

I actually think the lakers might come back.

cockblocker
    cockblocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

OKC is not winning the west. Mavs and the experience take this.

eleuropeano
    eleuropeano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1924

If this was the stock market, the LA Lakers will be the best value buy at this moment. They lost 2 games, the first I think through a lot of bad chance. But they are still the reigning champs, with a lot of players who know how to win in the post season and dallas is still the über talented team that has however underperformed in the playoffs year after year. It worket out well for them so far, becase they were the underdog and nobody was expecting much of them, least to come back from 16 down in the Staples Center. Now that the pressure is on them, they can easily choke again. The worst thing they can do is start watching the OKC-Memphis games.
    Last edited by eleuropeano; 05-06-11 at 08:54 AM.

tshizzle
    tshizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1217

Once again someone has counted on something that hasn't happened yet. Don't count out the lakers.

Tilt360
    Tilt360's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dallas look good as off right now with 2-0 lead over the defending champ. But I could see Thunder giving them problem with their speed up tempo style

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Lakers will go down in game 3 and then make history by winning the next 4. LOL!

12 Last