Heat O/U

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

RL75
    RL75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

As bad as I thought Spurs/Memphis was this was worse. Glad I didn't have anything on the under. Holy crap.

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

the under got raped

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Not really...if Wade didn't miss the free throw right before, it would have cashed anyway. Plus, you guys wouldn't have said anything if Philly would have fouled, which they should have done. I was shocked that Philly wasn't fouling. They were only down four and there was like 7 seconds left. I couldn't understand why Philly wasn't fouling. Wade did the right thing to take that freebie in order to ensure victory.

I agree there are some "weird" things that go on sometimes, but not this one. This game deserved to go over and it did. That's the story.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I've watched like 500 games this year, and maybe once i saw a guy go in for a dunk like that with a win already in hand

RL75
    RL75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    Not really...if Wade didn't miss the free throw right before, it would have cashed anyway. Plus, you guys wouldn't have said anything if Philly would have fouled, which they should have done. I was shocked that Philly wasn't fouling. They were only down four and there was like 7 seconds left. I couldn't understand why Philly wasn't fouling. Wade did the right thing to take that freebie in order to ensure victory.

I agree there are some "weird" things that go on sometimes, but not this one. This game deserved to go over and it did. That's the story.
    If this, if that. Fact is none of those things happened and he went in for an unnecessary dunk.

asdfghasdfgh
    asdfghasdfgh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 744

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post

I know I'm beating a dead horse here and probably a tad bitter because I was on the under, but none of those things happened. Should I go through the game shot by shot and say "Oh, if Chalmers hadn't hit that 3 with 3:42 to go in the second quarter," "If Chalmers didn't have a career night shooting 3's the under would've hit," "If X did Y," "If X didn't Y," etc etc etc? The fact is Wade pulled a pretty classless move on a team that played its heart out that had already conceded the game.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by asdfghasdfgh View Post
    I know I'm beating a dead horse here and probably a tad bitter because I was on the under, but none of those things happened. Should I go through the game shot by shot and say "Oh, if Chalmers hadn't hit that 3 with 3:42 to go in the second quarter," "If Chalmers didn't have a career night shooting 3's the under would've hit," "If X did Y," "If X didn't Y," etc etc etc? The fact is Wade pulled a pretty classless move on a team that played its heart out that had already conceded the game.
    Why was it classless? He was running away from Philly trying to avoid the foul, when he got past half-court, the Philly defender took a step at him, so he just went around him and dunked it to ice the game. I've seen a lot of classless plays, but I wouldn't say Wade's dunk was classless. Competitive..not classless.

The game was played right at the number the entire night. It's not like there was 20 points scored in the last minute or something crazy like that to screw the under. It wasn't like the game went into OT to screw the under (which is how I lost 13 games this season BTW). I'm just saying, I didn't think that was the worst play in history or anything.

At the end of the day, however, whenever a game ends that close to the number, the losing side is always going to say they got screwed. Therefore, I understand where you're coming from. Good luck on your future plays.