chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Why does everyone think the Heat are so great?

This is the same team who had a terrible .500 record against .500 and elite teams during the season. This is the same team who went on a losing streak and then cried in the locker room. This is the same team who is listed as one of the least clutch teams in the NBA in the final minutes of a game. This is the same team who has the least productive bench in the NBA, and holes at 2 positions in their starting line up. This is the same team who goes iso all the time, which team defenses like Celtics and Bulls love.

Yet many people have this team picked to come out of the East? How do you not see teams like the Bulls or the Celtics taking advantage of Miamis weak PG/Center situation?

breathmints
    breathmints's Avatar Become A Pro!

they like wade and lebron..the celtics is gonna make it to the finals.. there deep and quiet .. but there old will catch on to them..

RZ
    RZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
    This is the same team who had a terrible .500 record against .500 and elite teams during the season. This is the same team who went on a losing streak and then cried in the locker room. This is the same team who is listed as one of the least clutch teams in the NBA in the final minutes of a game. This is the same team who has the least productive bench in the NBA, and holes at 2 positions in their starting line up. This is the same team who goes iso all the time, which team defenses like Celtics and Bulls love.

Yet many people have this team picked to come out of the East? How do you not see teams like the Bulls or the Celtics taking advantage of Miamis weak PG/Center situation?
    This is the same team that has the best player in the league (James) who can destroy any team on his own. This is the same team that has another great scorer (Wade). This team also have Chris Bosh. When they have a good night they beat any other team. They had the 3rd best record in the entire league this year and they are about to send philly home. So why shouldn't people count on them? They are my favorites to reach the finals. If any team is overrated, its Chicago.

chantrain

1 player cannot destroy any team on his own. Thats the problem with the heat and with heat fans, they think 2 great players and 1 good player is enough to beat any team in a 7 game series.

I disagree 100% with that, a 7 game series (against competent teams any way) will expose these weaknesses the heat have.

I fully expect the Celtics to beat the Heat.

Kevin Garnett vs Chris Bosh? hilarity will ensue

dwluv3333
    dwluv3333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

1 player cannot destroy any team on his own. Thats the problem with the heat and with heat fans, they think 2 great players and 1 good player is enough to beat any team in a 7 game series.

I disagree 100% with that, a 7 game series (against competent teams any way) will expose these weaknesses the heat have.

I fully expect the Celtics to beat the Heat.

Kevin Garnett vs Chris Bosh? hilarity will ensue
    I'm a bulls fan and I do agree that more teams deserve respect (bulls and celtics too, not so much magic right now). That bein said it's true that Miami had a mediocre regular season when it came to things that count, but IMO you can never discount a team with two perennial superstars because it's unpredictable when they just might decide to take over games and play amazingly. All teams need superstars to win it all and Miami satisfies this three times over.

If bulls played Miami, I think it would be a good series but by no means would I just assume that we could steamroll them. They would be quite scary.

chantrain

0-4 against the Celtics and I'm supposed to believe they can pull out a series against them? I just don't see it. They're also gonna pull Shaq out of their back pockets on them, forget about it.

Bulls are kind of like a Celtics-lite any way

dwluv3333
    dwluv3333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

0-4 against the Celtics and I'm supposed to believe they can pull out a series against them? I just don't see it. They're also gonna pull Shaq out of their back pockets on them, forget about it.

Bulls are kind of like a Celtics-lite any way
    Celtics actually got murdered in the 4th matchup of the season. Yeah regular season gives an idea of how things should play out, but you can't really rely on it for sure in the playoffs. I can recall how like magic had a winning record against Boston last year but then got creamed by them in the playoffs.

Hey, nobody would love to see the celtics expose the heat as badly as we want to. Let's see what happens.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Miami still has no inside presence. Nothing has changed. They are a good team, not a great team. Could they overcome their deficiencies? It's possible. But I really wouldn't bet on it.

VTranX
    VTranX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 314

over rated

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

People keep forgetting that Haslem has been gone forever, it would be like the Bulls losing Noah. His return will be HUGE for them. The regular season results against good teams are worthless, do you really think Miami will continue to hover around .500 against winning teams as long as they have bron and wade? Nope. It's only a matter of when, not if, that changes. Celtics, Thunder, and Lakers are the only teams that can beat Miami in a 7 game series.

erkanua
    erkanua's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2395

because they are..

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    People keep forgetting that Haslem has been gone forever, it would be like the Bulls losing Noah. His return will be HUGE for them.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$
    politicin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who is Haslem? Was he one of the refs?

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

They sell a lot of t-shirts.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

well I guess the heat found a way to prove they're no joke this post season. Mavs Heat finals should be fun to watch.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Squares don't care, that's why the refs get away with all this BS.

People who think a little more than others realize whats going on. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, you can profit off of it. But for a fan of the game it's very sad.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    Squares don't care, that's why the refs get away with all this BS.

People who think a little more than others realize whats going on. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, you can profit off of it. But for a fan of the game it's very sad.
    it's been going on for a long time now. The Lakers have been handed the championship quite a few times. If you're gambling and losing then you're not sharp. Knowing what team the refs will help and betting against that team is as square as it gets.