lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Coach Pops should be canned

Guy is old and clueless. He fukked up by trying too hard to get the number 1 seed. All his old farts have no gas left. He is being badly outcoached by a black coach.

Spurs need to retire him and get rid of all the old bums. Team needs to rebuild. Cant believe the only move they have is an attempt to drive to the rim

before falling down and turining it over

Im loving this

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

No doubt.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11782

Age caught up to them

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

game passed him by

great coach but time to hang it up

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

"by a black coach"

?

wth does that have to do with anything

BrewVegas
    BrewVegas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Racist much?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Duncan played like 28 min a game, I dont know how they won so many games but minutes were low for everyone.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I think he wanted to say "got out coached by a monkey jigaboo coon" but he thought he should be a little more subtle about it

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

he might walk after this series loss

rm18
    Update your status

Popovich a good defensive coach but has the worst defensive personnel in the league by far

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
    "by a black coach"

?

wth does that have to do with anything
    I agree with Chantrain. That doesn't even make sense. Perhaps it was joke reference to the other guys' thread about black coaches outcoaching the white coaches in this year's play offs..

However, notwithstanding that comment, I agree about Pops. He lost me when he sat everyone for the last 3 minutes down 20. Didn't his scouts advise about the Bulls game against Indiana where the Bulls outscored Indy by 18 over the last three minutes to win. Kind of just seemed Pops gave up...

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ignorant posters like this saltine are why this site is going down fast

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

it's not coaching

it's a lack of personnell, SA no longer has the quality big men it had in the past

they are easily dominated by teams with good inside presence and perimeter defenders to shut down their 3pt game

rm18
    Update your status

Pop already said he leaves when Duncan does possibly Duncan could retire but probably at least one more year.

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Lets be serious guy.
    This is a terrible match-up for the spurs.
    Grizz look younger and faster at almost every position.
    You're going to blame that on pop?

MB
    MB's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think he wanted to say "got out coached by a monkey jigaboo coon" but he thought he should be a little more subtle about it
    Guaranteed dude doesn't go outside

Love The Action

Way to interpret...yikes.

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    it's not coaching

it's a lack of personnell, SA no longer has the quality big men it had in the past

they are easily dominated by teams with good inside presence and perimeter defenders to shut down their 3pt game
    Good analysis here

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

its not his fault his team is old he got the most out of them they even had matt bonner and blair carrying them for a while

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

edit
    Last edited by BRAVES1985; 04-26-11 at 09:56 AM.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I agree, it's not coach Pops fault. He has made some mistakes, but what coach hasn't made mistakes in the playoffs? The GM basically never re-tooled and got younger. SA and Dallas are in real trouble in a year or two (if they aren't already in trouble). Neither team has any great young players.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Lol. He put too much into the reg season. Even Karl was asking him why. He was trying so hard. Dummy should have let his late season slide continue and they would have had the hornets- a much easier first rd opponent.

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Who fault is it to pull your starters out the last 2 games of the regular season when you could win the last 2 games for an easy home court advantage?

Who fault is it to pull your starters in tonight's game from embarrassment when the other team is up by 20+ and my money was riding on the under? LOL

First off, you are the #1 seed with the best record in your conference and if you choke, you are allowed to choke on 1 game, not 3 and not to mention, an opener and a back to back loss.

Who fault is it when the memphis monkeys do not see your team as a threat when they played you?

I blamed myself for not fading them spurs earlier enough.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

This spurs team would have been a 45 win team in the 90s and early 2000s

make no mistake about it. They dominated this year because good powerful big men are just very rare nowadays. They can play that up and down finesse game with 3 point shooters and beat the majority of the teams in the league. In the 90s, they would have gotten beaten down by all the teams with good big men

memphis is the worst 1st round matchup this team could possibly get. They have 2 excellent big men and a whole roster of excellent perimeter defenders with good length and athleticism.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

why are people replying to this?

JDUB07
    Houston Cougars!!!
    JDUB07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

The Spurs continue to try to get by with smart, mediocre athletes. It was only a matter of time before this happened. Can't say I'm the least bit surprised.

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Wow... look at the ignorance in this thread. smh

He is "old and clueless"? Is that what LB said about Sloan before he left? Pop is one of the best X and O coaches EVER. He has this innate ability to change gameplans on the fly and exploit other team's weakness.

He tried tanking the season when he realized how much the Grizzlies had improved (remember early season, they were not that good, it was when Randolph got injured the became the new juggernauts), but he only tanked 6 before Lakers caught on to what he was doing. Not to mention he got a lot of backlash from fans who wanted them to finish top seed. He had known months before that a Grizzlies first round matchup was a deathnote for the Spurs.

And need I remind everyone that Duncan is the only drafted superstar on the team. Every one else were late draft picks. Spurs do not believe in mid-season trades, except for Jefferson, but that's because they were desperate last year. It's not like a Perkins fell into his lap, or they have the $$$ to draft Howard. THEY ARE THE ONLY SMALL MARKET TEAM TO HAVE WON A CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE LAST DECADE EVER. His scouting team is brilliant. Need I remind you what the Spurs were before Pop?

SMH... sorry to everyone who lost $$ tonight, but if you paid attention, plenty of us gave warning that Spurs would lose. That's why I went BIG on Grizzlies to win the series.

Congruency
    Congruency's Avatar Become A Pro!

So much idiocy going on in this thread

Pop is the only reason why this team is good

I think you guys forgot that the starting lineup includes Antonio McDyess and Richard Jefferson, 2 of the worst starters in the NBA (that's no exaggeration)

And his bench rotation include Matt Bonner and Gary Neal as key guys

Yeah, I'm sure Pops is the reason why they are losing...lol

Guy is the best, if not one of the best basketball coaches out there today. Who else could've brought an oft-injured, declining team to 60 wins??

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Memphis dominated the Spurs all year long, it had nothing to do with the coaching they were just outmatched and out played. This might sound crazy to many people but put a team like OKC or Dallas in this spot and the Spurs might have had a better chance.

90% of the forum went big on SA not because they knew anything about the game, only because they saw a #1 seed vs #8 seed, but do they even realize that getting that #1 seed had nothing to do with their match up with Memphis? Nope, they took the bait anyways... and that's how the bookmakers make their income.

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

Should retire after getting the number one seed in the NBA. The guy is a great mastermind n I still wouldn't give up on San Antonio winning the next 3 games. I still think they take Memphis. Also the worst starters in the NBA aren't Jefferson or mcdyess it's sorry fisher. Lakers would go UNDEFEATED without that guy. He has no defense whatsoever pg's must love playing VS him. He can't drive the ball or has any quickness with the ball and can't shoot open ass shots. Here's hoping fisher sprains an ankle.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

pop is the best coach in nba.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Wow... look at the ignorance in this thread. smh

He is "old and clueless"? Is that what LB said about Sloan before he left? Pop is one of the best X and O coaches EVER. He has this innate ability to change gameplans on the fly and exploit other team's weakness.

He tried tanking the season when he realized how much the Grizzlies had improved (remember early season, they were not that good, it was when Randolph got injured the became the new juggernauts), but he only tanked 6 before Lakers caught on to what he was doing. Not to mention he got a lot of backlash from fans who wanted them to finish top seed. He had known months before that a Grizzlies first round matchup was a deathnote for the Spurs.

And need I remind everyone that Duncan is the only drafted superstar on the team. Every one else were late draft picks. Spurs do not believe in mid-season trades, except for Jefferson, but that's because they were desperate last year. It's not like a Perkins fell into his lap, or they have the $$$ to draft Howard. THEY ARE THE ONLY SMALL MARKET TEAM TO HAVE WON A CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE LAST DECADE EVER. His scouting team is brilliant. Need I remind you what the Spurs were before Pop?

SMH... sorry to everyone who lost $$ tonight, but if you paid attention, plenty of us gave warning that Spurs would lose. That's why I went BIG on Grizzlies to win the series.

This is a great post, every other reply should be deleted and this the only left in here

The question has been asked for a long time now as to whether the Spurs role players would continue to hit the 3 ball at the rate they were during the regular season and a lot of people thought they wouldn't

The answer has been pretty obvious so far.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

agreed. great post. but portland's title excludes the "ever" comment.

GAMBLOR777
    GAMBLOR777's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    90% of the forum went big on SA not because they knew anything about the game, only because they saw a #1 seed vs #8 seed, but do they even realize that getting that #1 seed had nothing to do with their match up with Memphis? Nope, they took the bait anyways... and that's how the bookmakers make their income.
    how do you know "90%" of the forum went "big" on the spurs. And what makes you think you know their reasoning for doing so?

I swear you can be no older then 20 years old and/or know nothing of the NBA.

Thanks for letting us know how the bookies make their income, like anybody on here didn't already know...

I've said it before and i'll say it again, you should just stick to your C-grade soccer pal, your opinions really are worthless.

scottie2005
    Update your status
    scottie2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30487

There are some great series in the West this year for sure. Hope Spurs can get at least one more game, but OKC too good

12 Last