sq764
    sq764's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by StraitShooter View Post
    you can only win one a year old friend..nobody wins in cleveland..the cavs have always sucked going back to the jim chones era..Lebron was smart for getting the hell out of there..in 3 weeks lebron will have his first ring and then we can talk about next year
    celtics will destroy the heat.. wade cant beat the celtics by himself

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

Quote Originally Posted by Rolo1984 View Post
    This stuff gets boring. Why do people have to open a topic every time he misses or hits. it is all about definition. One takes game winning shots. Another person takes the last two minutes or maybe even the last quarter. Is someone clutch when they have missed the last 10 straight FG attempts and hits the game winning shot? For me players like lebron should perform all the minutes they play not only the final minutes
    No. If someone is "clutch" that player performs at the end of the game or the most important situations of the game. Lebron has failed to do that thus far into his career, not to say it will not get better but he is not a closer and not someone that you want to have the ball in his hands at the end of the game and he has proven that.

soxwin
    soxwin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7162

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    he s 3 for 38 in game winning baskets, 0-9 this year
    According to a stat from the game yesterday, Lebron is 1-8 this year in shots taken when the scenario is less than 5 seconds and the game is within 1 possession up or down. He is the only member of the heat to make a shot this year in this scenario. Everyone else was pitching a shutout.
    Last edited by soxwin; 04-25-11 at 07:34 PM.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

yep, heat are one of the least clutch teams with the game on the line in the NBa this season

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Didn't Wade get the ball on the previous play and miss the jumper? That would've put them up 3, and the Heat would've defended the 3 much better... who knows how it would've played out. Tough to put all the blame on Lebron
    i was wondering if any1 was gonna mention this at all.
    i thought wadw was one of the main reasons they lost.
    wade had an AWFUL 2nd half, a lot of bad shots and possessions
    that last shot he took was also pretty bad as well
    if they had scored it woulda been a 3pt game

chiliv5
    chiliv5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lebron is no Kobe..... for the record i hate both of them...

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by StraitShooter View Post
    you can only win one a year old friend..nobody wins in cleveland..the cavs have always sucked going back to the jim chones era..Lebron was smart for getting the hell out of there..in 3 weeks lebron will have his first ring and then we can talk about next year
    "creature" won't even make it to the conference finals FYI. What the hell do you mean by saying -cavs have always sucked-? We were the top contenders from late 80's to mid-90's you dumbell

Remember Brad Daugherty, Mark Price, Larry Nance, Ron Harper, Hot rod Williams?

THE HITMAN
    THE HITMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16230

Kobe much better in this department

paciophobia
    paciophobia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 141

stop hating guys.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Lebronedict can't stand pressure. He folds up like a cheap suit when times get tough. He prefers to defer the last shot to a House, Chalmers or Bibby.

BrewVegas
    BrewVegas's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you can't separate "clutch" from "potential game-winning shots" then you shouldn't even be having this argument. Lebron is at the top of the league in "clutch" productions (less than 5 minutes left, neither team leading by more than 5). At this point everyone just uses confirmation bias with both Lebron and Kobe. Everyone thinks Kobe is clutch, so you only notice when that happens, and vice versa for Lebron. Did anyone watch Kobe shoot the Lakers out of the game last night? Or during their other loss? I have watched Kobe miss in the clutch time and time again, yet no one mentions it.

Also, anyone who puts the blame on Lebron for yesterday's loss clearly only watched the last possession. Wade was HORRIBLE in the second half. He forced everything, stalled the offense, and couldn't enter the ball to Lebron in the post of a crucial possession. Also, he gave up the last 2 threes of the game.

Criticism when appropriate is fine, but blinding hatred for a player that prevents you from seeing the larger picture is just ignorant.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

he's not that great

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

sunny lane or sasha grey are probably the biggest choke artist

sq764

Quote Originally Posted by BrewVegas View Post
    If you can't separate "clutch" from "potential game-winning shots" then you shouldn't even be having this argument. Lebron is at the top of the league in "clutch" productions (less than 5 minutes left, neither team leading by more than 5). At this point everyone just uses confirmation bias with both Lebron and Kobe. Everyone thinks Kobe is clutch, so you only notice when that happens, and vice versa for Lebron. Did anyone watch Kobe shoot the Lakers out of the game last night? Or during their other loss? I have watched Kobe miss in the clutch time and time again, yet no one mentions it.

Also, anyone who puts the blame on Lebron for yesterday's loss clearly only watched the last possession. Wade was HORRIBLE in the second half. He forced everything, stalled the offense, and couldn't enter the ball to Lebron in the post of a crucial possession. Also, he gave up the last 2 threes of the game.

Criticism when appropriate is fine, but blinding hatred for a player that prevents you from seeing the larger picture is just ignorant.
    there's one thing lebron doesnt have that kobe has several of and wade has one.. i cant pinpoint it...

Redskinskilla2010
    Redskinskilla2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

lebron is a f\*g

MortalLock
    MortalLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2654

Lebron is a joke a total POS

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by sq764 View Post
    there's one thing lebron doesnt have that kobe has several of and wade has one.. i cant pinpoint it...
    Kobe was the #2 guy for 3 of those, and needed Gasol to win the other 2...

Adam Morrison has more rings than LBJ... does that make him better?

Rolo1984
    Rolo1984's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol@having the ring argument. Ones people have nothing factual to bring to the table, they come up with the ring aspect

I always thought basketball was a teamsport guess we really dont understand the game in Europe

Rolo1984

Quote Originally Posted by jnickell100 View Post
    No. If someone is "clutch" that player performs at the end of the game or the most important situations of the game. Lebron has failed to do that thus far into his career, not to say it will not get better but he is not a closer and not someone that you want to have the ball in his hands at the end of the game and he has proven that.
    Like already mentioned by me and other. Clutch is not only the game winning shot.

jnickell100

Like already mentioned by me and other. Clutch is not only the game winning shot.
    Yes it is. You don't say someone is clutch while playing a whole game. You say ....that shot was clutch, when you need a player to take over a possession and score once, that is clutch.

rsnnh12

Yes it is. You don't say someone is clutch while playing a whole game. You say ....that shot was clutch, when you need a player to take over a possession and score once, that is clutch.
    So who would you say is clutch? Kobe is 6-21 in game-winning/tying shots in his playoff career, roughly 30%, so you'd agree he isn't clutch, correct?

Rolo1984

so how do you call someone who is delivering in the last 5 minutes or so in the game when the game is very close?

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

si polled nba players, asking who they wanted taking the shot with game on the line.....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...4597/index.htm

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    si polled nba players, asking who they wanted taking the shot with game on the line.....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...4597/index.htm
    It's absolutely bizarre how much fans and players think Kobe is clutch. No matter how you define clutch, Kobe's numbers stack up poorly. He's nowhere near clutch.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...in-crunch-time

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

kobe's not clutch.... riiiiiiight.

BrewVegas
    BrewVegas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't be stupid. Simply pointing to examples of when he succeeded is not a solid argument. Kobe's percentage in game-winning shots is actually BELOW the league average...yet everyone thinks he's the most clutch player in the league.

Lebron actually closes games better than anyone in the league, he has just struggled with final shots this year. I suspect this has a lot to do with the poor plays run (all isos usually) and Lebron's lack of a pullup move in the 3-9 foot area. His go to moves are either stepback jumpers or full on basket assaults, not necessarily ideal when all 5 defenders are keyed on you.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

actually, it is.

stats can be manipulated in different ways to prove the writer right, who in this instance wanted to prove kobe was "not clutch." but how many game winning shots were excluded because there were more than 24 seconds left? so if there were 24.5 sec left and kobe won at the buzzer, it was not counted? how many were with the game tied and he dominated in overtime to win the game anyways? how many were 3 pointers as opposed to layups?

the fact is: fans, peers and general managers have all picked one player to take the final shot for them and it's always been overwhelmingly kobe.

ask fans when lebrick has made a game winning shot and people will scratch their heads and shrug their shoulders (other than the shot vs. magic which has been posted). ask fans kobe's winning shots and they'll name at least half a dozen.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post
    It's absolutely bizarre how much fans and players think Kobe is clutch. No matter how you define clutch, Kobe's numbers stack up poorly. He's nowhere near clutch.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...in-crunch-time
    So are you saying you'd rather have the ball in Lebron's hands last possession?

Did you forget how Kobe had to bail out the choking Olympic squad? If it wasn't for Kobe in the clutch, the Dream Team would have come up with Bronze. I'm not a Kobe fan but even an idiot would want the ball in his hands over Lebrick. Heck, go over to any Heat fansite and even his own fans want the ball in Wades hands.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: crustyme

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

that was 3 shots that lasted 5 minutes and a bunch of laker nut hugger announcers talking about how clutch he is. 3 shots isn't clutch when you shoot 400 of them and only make 3. I can show u a video of Kobe missing a lot more of those shots than the 3 you have in this video. Anything can be manipulated to suite any side of an argument, but Kobe is not clutch in reality land.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    that was 3 shots that lasted 5 minutes and a bunch of laker nut hugger announcers talking about how clutch he is. 3 shots isn't clutch when you shoot 400 of them and only make 3. I can show u a video of Kobe missing a lot more of those shots than the 3 you have in this video. Anything can be manipulated to suite any side of an argument, but Kobe is not clutch in reality land.
    Jordan even said that he missed more shots than he ever made...

Noone gives a shit about your misses. Noone even remembers. It's the shot's you make that define you.

jnickell100

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Jordan even said that he missed more shots than he ever made... Noone gives a shit about your misses. Noone even remembers. It's the shot's you make that define you.
    I dont think anyone is going to shoot 50%.......nba players usually dont even shoot 50% from the field. However, i do agree with you, with the game im on the line and i had to choose Kobe or Lebron......give me Kobe

sq764

lol@having the ring argument. Ones people have nothing factual to bring to the table, they come up with the ring aspect

I always thought basketball was a teamsport guess we really dont understand the game in Europe
    football is a team sport too, but how many rings would another qb have in new england if brady wasnt there?

sq764

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    So who would you say is clutch? Kobe is 6-21 in game-winning/tying shots in his playoff career, roughly 30%, so you'd agree he isn't clutch, correct?
    bottom line is who do you want taking your last shot to win the game?

I would guess lebron wouldnt be on anyone's top 5

Muggy
    Muggy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 344

Hmm, biggest choke artist? Not sure, but he's definitely not winning in the clutch department. I feel like they should give the ball to Wade and have him take the final shot, I don't know what the stats are, but I imagine they'd be better than Lebron's.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by sq764 View Post
    bottom line is who do you want taking your last shot to win the game?

I would guess lebron wouldnt be on anyone's top 5
    Strictly a jump shot? Or with enough time to drive the lane?

I would take-
    Ray Allen
    Carmelo
    Dirk
    Pierce
    Kobe
    Lebron

In that order, if only talking about a jumper to win. If driving the lane is an option, Lebron ahead of all but Ray and Melo

First 12345 ... Last