forloveofthegame
    forloveofthegame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

Denver Nuggets will advance to the next round (write-up)..

Whatever the series price is I advise taking it.

I have watched every game of denver and feel very confident that nuggets will take down the thunder and after watching game one i feel it is inevitable. Here is why..

Denver has 6-7 guys that can go out and get you 15-20 points in a single game very easily. This is such a huge factor that people dont realize. Alright yeah OKC won game one but they didnt prove that they could win a series. You cant win with just two players! There big two had 40 and 30 and they still just escaped with a win on their home floor in game one of the series!!! Unlike denver, who has no pressure on any one guy, all the pressure lies on durant and westbrook. For the thunder to even compete they will need huge games from them. Now im not saying durant will not get his but westbrook is a different story. Not only will denver make adjustments with him they are getting Afflalo back. People dont realize he is one of the premier defenders we have in the league. A big part of russell game is getting to the line and AA only fouls 2.2 times a game. What that tells you is he plays solid D without fouling. All denver has to do is win one game on the road and the series will be theirs and they proved that tonight with a call or bounce going a different way it could have been tonight. Thunder played their best game and look how denver responded...

The thing with denver is they can hit you with two or three guys that night and the next night it will be two or three different players. Its like a never ending wave of talent. People took to much into the fact okc beat them twice in the last stretch of the season. Denver did not have birdman or AA and it also was huge situational play in favor of okc for many reasons which i need not get into but was there if you follow the team the way i do. The only way thunder wins the series (obviously baring a big injury to a guy like Nene) is if a guy like james harden steps up not just for one game but the rest of the series!

Getting say +200 is a HUGE value play and im hoping it will atleast stay the same as before game one and maybe go up some. Take it as you will

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Didnt bother reading this, just going off your bulls thread i wanted to suggest when putting your feet in your month you do it 1 at a time.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

they not even gonna win game two if they cant defend durant better.

forloveofthegame

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    Didnt bother reading this, just going off your bulls thread i wanted to suggest when putting your feet in your month you do it 1 at a time.
    sad you feel that way. you obviously do not respect my input of the game so best to move on

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4449

If Denver can steal 1 in OKC , game 2 maybe?

forloveofthegame

Its going to be game two or five.. no way they could pull one out in game seven imo. I can see either game them winning but im thinking winning four in a row starting with game three at their place then carrying the momentum is very possible if okc pulls out game two.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

nevermind. like nuggets. bummed they lost. good luck

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

thunder played their best game???

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

that ref should be fired, what a non interference bs call that put the Denver down to 1

forloveofthegame

hey face i see where your coming from but i thought i addressed all the matchups in my writeup. AA is a difference maker plus guys like jr and al didnt even get going yet.

To the guy questioning okc playing their best game. they shot a hair under 50% from the field and the three! They were making shots after shots. Durant had his best game of the postseason. i would be more than happy with my bet even if KD and Russell duplicated this performance as many times as neccesary because in reality they wont!

forloveofthegame

Quote Originally Posted by AribaAriba View Post
    that ref should be fired, what a non interference bs call that put the Denver down to 1
    tough luck but thats what homecourt gets you. free throws were key as well and that is all homecourt advantage with the crowd. just need to steal one away game and im very confident we will

Dont forget Karl is one of the best.. adjustments will be made. ask yourself this, how do you adjust to this nuggets team?

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

i hear you for love, hoping for denver series win here. The youth of okl would get them and free throw really killed the Nuggets.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Should be getting something around +300ish

I'll take it for 2 units

forloveofthegame

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Should be getting something around +300ish

I'll take it for 2 units
    you thinking it will be that high?? i was thinking 240 if were lucky. that would be great value

secret007
    secret007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 332

it as +200 before game 1. +240 is not "lucky", its BAD value.

forloveofthegame

Apr 18 10:45am Basketball - Pending 100.00 to win 240.00
    1. Basketball Futures - 2011 NBA Playoffs
    Series Prices
    Oklahoma City Thunder vs Denver Nuggets
    Denver Nuggets (+240) [pending]

chantrain

Quote Originally Posted by forloveofthegame View Post
    hey face i see where your coming from but i thought i addressed all the matchups in my writeup. AA is a difference maker plus guys like jr and al didnt even get going yet.

To the guy questioning okc playing their best game. they shot a hair under 50% from the field and the three! They were making shots after shots. Durant had his best game of the postseason. i would be more than happy with my bet even if KD and Russell duplicated this performance as many times as neccesary because in reality they wont!

why won't they? Durant is the most efficient scorer in the NBA, he's amazing, and I saw nothing yesterday from Denver that suggested they knew how to even guard him.

I really thought Coach Karl instilled better defense in this nuggets team post-melo trade but what I saw yesterday disheartened me. They still have the best offense in the league but not being able to guard Durant is a bad sign

forloveofthegame

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
    why won't they? Durant is the most efficient scorer in the NBA, he's amazing, and I saw nothing yesterday from Denver that suggested they knew how to even guard him.

I really thought Coach Karl instilled better defense in this nuggets team post-melo trade but what I saw yesterday disheartened me. They still have the best offense in the league but not being able to guard Durant is a bad sign
    as is said in the op durant will get his. he wont play as well as last night every game but hes goin to get his 25. the key is slowing down russell. if we do that and im confident they will they will win the series. If not and somebody else doesnt step up for thunder its going to be a long hard fought series and possibly thunder escaping with a win ONLY because of home court advantage.

Imo knowing AA is coming back and how they play compared to OKC. +240 is absolutely amazing value. I rarely ever play futures because i dont like my money being tied up but im making an exception with the value given to me.

chantrain

afflalo will be back in time for game two? Who will be his defensive assignment, do you think?

forloveofthegame

afflalo will be back in time for game two? Who will be his defensive assignment, do you think?
    im hoping he will be back for game two and its looking that way. im going to believe that he will have the assignment of russell. im not george karl tho but it seems like a pretty clear cut choice

chantrain

Why not put the best defensive player on their best offensive player tho? Russel is good but durant is way better, gotta stick to durant like glue imo and just keep russ out of the paint, let him settle for jumpers, he's not a great shooter.

forloveofthegame

Why not put the best defensive player on their best offensive player tho? Russel is good but durant is way better, gotta stick to durant like glue imo and just keep russ out of the paint, let him settle for jumpers, he's not a great shooter.
    there is nothing you can do about durant. plus afflalo is undersized to him. there best bet is kenyon on durant and afflalo on russell. No team or player can slow down durant. but they cant win with just durant and russell being contained (not stopped). plus game one was at their floor and they played their best offenive game i dont care what anybody says and Denver would probably have won if it wasnt for that clear blown call. But i am not bitching about it that happens esp when your a road team.

If something like that would have happened to okc and denver ended up winning a certain individual here would be complaining until the next year.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

They had no real character at the end of game 1 vs OKC. Yeah they might have got unlucky with the refs, but they can really only blame themselves at the end. That 3 in the last couple seconds they needed to take, the whole team was confused on what to do, it was very amateur. They got probably the most talented bench and group of players in the playoffs but they're not a team like Memphis who can close out games even if they're being screwed by the refs.

I'd rather take the Grizzlies to beat the Spurs since they won even in a situation where the refs made it easy for the Spurs.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Denver to win series at +256, 150 to win 384

chantrain

you certainly can slow down durant, instead of going for 40+ points you can slow him down to where he gets under 30. Thats what happened when my team played the thunder, we put Deng on Durant. but youre right that afflalo is prob not tall enough to guard him.

if durant gets 40 every night on 50% shooting it'll be very tough for denver to beat OKC, they gotta figure out some way to contain him

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

Nuggets can definitely play with Thunders. But Thunders has 3 factors in their favor: 1) Home court 2) Experience (vs LAL last year, Perkins from Boston) 3) Star special treatment.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

I doubt it. They had their golden opportunity to steal a game in Game 1 and didn't get it done. Thunder in 5.

Holdin Aces
    Holdin Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Good luck on your Nuggets play FTL. I think this will be a hell of a series but I think OKC wins it but I do love the way this Denver team plays. Denver's 2nd five would made the playoffs in the Eastern Conference.

big cheyo
    big cheyo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dont think nuggets have a chance

forloveofthegame

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    They had no real character at the end of game 1 vs OKC. Yeah they might have got unlucky with the refs, but they can really only blame themselves at the end. That 3 in the last couple seconds they needed to take, the whole team was confused on what to do, it was very amateur. They got probably the most talented bench and group of players in the playoffs but they're not a team like Memphis who can close out games even if they're being screwed by the refs.

I'd rather take the Grizzlies to beat the Spurs since they won even in a situation where the refs made it easy for the Spurs.
    down 8 with less than three minutes and the crowd roaring and cutting it to two with two striaght and ones doesnt impress you? thunder just closed out making every shot at home there is nothing denver could have really done. raymond three with 15 seconds left was very questionable tho.

forloveofthegame

you certainly can slow down durant, instead of going for 40+ points you can slow him down to where he gets under 30. Thats what happened when my team played the thunder, we put Deng on Durant. but youre right that afflalo is prob not tall enough to guard him.

if durant gets 40 every night on 50% shooting it'll be very tough for denver to beat OKC, they gotta figure out some way to contain him
    denver did nothing really wrong durant just made evry shot. doesnt matter if they were playing the pistons back when they were the best d hands down. durant made his shots esp threes and that wont happen all seven games.

paul where did you get +256???

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

The initial post in this thread is pretty much every thing Charles Barkley said on TNT after the game.

Is this your "write up" or Charles Barkley's?

forloveofthegame

Quote Originally Posted by Holdin Aces View Post
    Good luck on your Nuggets play FTL. I think this will be a hell of a series but I think OKC wins it but I do love the way this Denver team plays. Denver's 2nd five would made the playoffs in the Eastern Conference.
    thanks holdin. dont see you around all that often anymore its ashame cause you are a great capper. hope all is well

forloveofthegame

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    The initial post in this thread is pretty much every thing Charles Barkley said on TNT after the game.

Is this your "write up" or Charles Barkley's?
    umm this is mine. i know the team inside and out. its common sense and i did listen to the post game show and kenny smith brought more insight than barkley. they were right on point tho

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Denver is really good.

As an OKC fan, I did not want to see them in round 1.

That being said, I don't feel like OKC is getting much respect as I see a lot of people picking Denver.

12 Last