meckis
    meckis's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8089

They have one of the best crowds in nba and it is really exciting to watch games with such crowds

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by Cap dat 4ss View Post
    Speedy, Seattle did not get robbed. The Sonics should have never been in the position they were in to go to OKC. Schultz sold the team to Bennett and his guys. The WA state gov't failed to provide the funding for updates at Key Arena. IIRC, this was not only the reason that Bennett relocated to OKC but also the reason that Schultz sold the team in the 1st place. Seattle is a great city. I've been there many of times and we have considered living there but they do not get the type of support that the Thunder have gotten in OKC. Possibly because they are the only game in town. And Oklahoma is a college state that rallies around the sooners so it's really no surprise that the atmosphere is college like.
    Ok I'm going to agree and disagree with your statement here. You may be right, that the Sonics didn't get robbed. I think the better word is "screwed." Seattle got "screwed." A Seattle business man (Howard Schultz aka Mr. Starbucks) sells the team to an OKC business man, and then the WA St. Legislature drops the ball big time, and then the mayor of Seattle drops the ball as well.

However, I disagree that Seattle could not support a team. We have a great fan base here in Seattle. The problem wasn't the fans, it was the Key Arena. Seattle has always been known as having one of the best fan bases, and selling out the Key Arena. The Key Arena was sold out every night for years in the 90's when Payton and Kemp were on the Sonics. The fans are here, just not the arena. I'm confident the NBA will return to Seattle at some point, but we need to get a new arena, or renovate the Key Arena.

MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Crowd in OKC is overrated. OKC sold out 35 of 41 gms this year. 100% Fair weather fans there. If they Thunder ever have a bad season, there attendance would be putrid. But dont worry, that wont happen, David Stern forced the Perkins trade, because hes trying to make Durant the face of the NBA.
    Portland had sold out 814 consecutive times at one point.

Dont buy into some crowd BS just because they have matching shirts and look like they're in sync with their cheers.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tough to win there although Denver was very close

Okl City is not a good defensive team and it might cause them problems

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Am I the only one who thinks the Staples Center probably has the weakest home-court advantage? It seems dead quiet there during Laker playoff games. I don't know if it is the fans, or because the arena is so big it is hard to get it loud. But either way, the Lakers are boring, and so are their crowd.

MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the Staples Center probably has the weakest home-court advantage? It seems dead quiet there during Laker playoff games. I don't know if it is the fans, or because the arena is so big it is hard to get it loud. But either way, the Lakers are boring, and so are their crowd.

I noticed it too. Probably majority of LA fans anticipate making it to atleast the conference finals, and dont show up until then.

MysteryMung
    Freddy Lansen
    MysteryMung's Avatar Become A Pro!

each crowd yell was deafening for me last night

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post

sometimes crowd noise is misleading, you can't always tell how loud a crowd is when watching at home on TV.

like the United Center crowd looks and sound so quiet when you watch on TV, but when you're there, it's deafening

DRZ
    Update your status
    DRZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

That place is not, team is very good and dangerous. Would really like to see them go far this year in the playoffs.

panik
    panik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3139

Yeah the fans were crazy last night.

Wiscsportsfan92
    Wiscsportsfan92's Avatar Become A Pro!

No way they are the best in ALL of sports. In the NBA yeah maybe, most certainly in the playoffs.

Muggy
    Muggy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 344

It definitely looked that way on television. Whole crowd seemed to be into it and the arena was electric.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Lol at the hatred in this thread.

We have a great atmosphere here in OKC!

thunderingherd23
    thunderingherd23's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah the sea of blue was impressive....I wonder what the decimal level in there was

First 12