ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers -6.5 @ home vs SA

This is actually a pretty big game for LA. The #2 seed is on the line and in this case it really does make a pretty big difference. The Lakers have had their struggles with Memphis, but I think most would agree that Portland is a tougher team to face in the first round. Plus they have lost 5 straight and while they may not care about the regular season, I don't see them eager to lose 6 straight.

On the other hand, SA has already locked up the #1 seed and I can't see the Spurs playing with total effort here. In fact, I think SA will be resting starters (especially in the 2nd half). I normally don't like making plays on late season games, but I think this is a very good spot for the Lakeshow.

I'm laying the points here and praying the Lakers try this game. Thoughts?

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

have you been living under a rock bro?

the lakers have basically stopped playing. They're getting ready for playoffs

ShogunRua
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post

Yes, but the Mavs just took a half game lead for 2nd seed. Motivation has to be a big factor here.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

I won't touch anymore Lakers game if my life depended on it. These cocksuckers are too inconsistent. Every thing tomorrow points to the Lakers tomorrow. Losing streak, blowing the Spurs out the last time, and Lakers are in a must win to keep up with OKC and Dallas. But does that mean they cover tomorrow

Lakers will not catch Dallas is they lost tomorrow, so Lakers might be the play here.

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

I don't think there's any point in betting this game. Both teams don't care at this point. I guess the Lakers have some incentive with the #2 seed, but I don't think they care enough about it. Just take a week off and wait for the playoffs. GL!

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    Yes, but the Mavs just took a half game lead for 2nd seed. Motivation has to be a big factor here.

the dallas mavericks couldn't beat the lakers if the game was played on the moon

so I doubt they really care

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

Lakers will win this game-if they do not-then there is a motivational problem.

top310
    top310's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2518

ML already moving up at Pinny

golfrulz
    golfrulz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 376

wait until the playoffs.

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Rest View Post
    I don't think there's any point in betting this game. Both teams don't care at this point. I guess the Lakers have some incentive with the #2 seed, but I don't think they care enough about it. Just take a week off and wait for the playoffs. GL!
    Are you out of your mind, the #2 seed is huge. If the Spurs get knock out early, which they're more likely to do in the 2nd, the Lakers get home field in the West Finals. Now that I think of it, the Lakers might actually come out to play because we know the Spurs has nothing to prove locking the number 1 seed up already. The Spurs probably won't want to exposed themselves before the playoffs and risk getting another beat down by the Lakers.

DarkMage
    DarkMage's Avatar Become A Pro!

this game is pretty much the only one I really like the Lakers in for the past few days....

both ML and Spread, I think a possible blowout is in the works

frostno98

The performance of the Lakers bench will be the determining factor if they cover or not. They've been lifeless since losing to Denver 8 days ago.

NY Playa
    NY Playa's Avatar Become A Pro!

go lakers, but it may not be till the playoffs...dont bet them again till game 2 of series 1.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

Fk the Lakers. Not touching this game.

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    Fk the Lakers. Not touching this game.

Your probably right. My timing is terribly bad when playing the Lakers.

BrewVegas
    BrewVegas's Avatar Become A Pro!

You are just itching for action if you are trying to bet this game. Nothing about the way the Lakers have played recently should indicate a good bet here.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Live bet

christhegun
    christhegun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

Under

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by christhegun View Post
    Under
    +1

kobe called out the Lakers defense recently so i suspect they lock down the spurs

bryant81
    Update your status
    bryant81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12228

Popovich is probably going to rest his starters. Spurs winning this game increases the chances of facing the Lakers in the SECOND round...why would they want that?

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by bryant81 View Post
    Popovich is probably going to rest his starters. Spurs winning this game increases the chances of facing the Lakers in the SECOND round...why would they want that?
    How so? LA will either be the #2 or the #3 seed. Only way SA can face LA in the 2nd round is if LA fell to the #4 seed. 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 in the 2nd round. They cannot face each other until the Western Finals.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

If this game is so important for LA why didn't they win their last couple games vs easier opponents?

They haven't even been trying to win games recently.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i just don't want to lose money, not feeling too good about winning money with lakers.

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

^^This. Meanwhile SA is only 4 games out of a huge string of losses and is now fighting for home court in the finals.

All three of these games should go close I think. I'm leaning spurs, blazers, and bulls but none are really solid bets for me.

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    If this game is so important for LA why didn't they win their last couple games vs easier opponents?

They haven't even been trying to win games recently.

To answer your question, you must dig up lakers's records for that one year where they did the same stunt, bombing out and then went to the playoffs and winning it all.

It is the laker's policy and who the hell can understand their winning model strategy.

GoggsViggs
    shinpu tokubetsu kogeki tai
    GoggsViggs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 253

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

First off big game for Spurs also only a game ahead of Chicago for best record in NBA and home court if those two teams meet in championship. Lakers get to much respect from alot of people in this forum. This isn't about motivation during this Lakers losing streak. Its about age and this Lakers team is showing it. Kobe, Fisher, Gasol, Artest are well lets face it old. Seeing another team that has alot of age the Celtics struggling down the stretch. I don't see either one of these teams in the NBA finals this season. Lakers bench is a joke so again the Lakers starters have had to play major minutes. But of course many of you again just waiting for this Laker team to turn on the switch will see if this happens again.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers -7 some places. I like the Spurs to cover.

frostno98

Has Phil Jackson ever won a NBA title as the 3rd or 4th seed.

ShogunRua
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    First off big game for Spurs also only a game ahead of Chicago for best record in NBA and home court if those two teams meet in championship. Lakers get to much respect from alot of people in this forum. This isn't about motivation during this Lakers losing streak. Its about age and this Lakers team is showing it. Kobe, Fisher, Gasol, Artest are well lets face it old. Seeing another team that has alot of age the Celtics struggling down the stretch. I don't see either one of these teams in the NBA finals this season. Lakers bench is a joke so again the Lakers starters have had to play major minutes. But of course many of you again just waiting for this Laker team to turn on the switch will see if this happens again.
    Disagree. Yes, the Lakers are old, but they haven't cared 1 bit during the losing streak. Motivation is definitely a huge factor. Now, whether they show up tonight or not, I don't know. But I'm willing to put a few units that they will. Line up to 7 from 6 already which is a pretty good sign.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    How so? LA will either be the #2 or the #3 seed. Only way SA can face LA in the 2nd round is if LA fell to the #4 seed. 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 in the 2nd round. They cannot face each other until the Western Finals.
    No, if Spurs beat Lakers here, LA COULD finish 4th. You are forgetting about the Thunder.

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    No, if Spurs beat Lakers here, LA COULD finish 4th. You are forgetting about the Thunder.
    Lakers would have to lose their last two games to get the 4th seed, since they have the tie breaker on OKC.

Hazious
    Lake Show Life
    Hazious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 286

steve blake out with the chicken pox. also barnes is banged up. tread lightly here.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Lakers would have to lose their last two games to get the 4th seed, since they have the tie breaker on OKC.
    Hence the COULD

Better for Spurs to lose tonight and leave zero chance

ThisGuy
    ThisGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

I couldn't really take a side on this game. But since SA is so deep and doesn't really care about this game they'll be playing loosey goosey and w/ little D effort. Might be a lil bit up and down so I'm on the SA TT over

12 Last