• Yes

10 71.43%
  • No

4 28.57%
    imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

YES or NO Nash Deserved MVP Award?

Do you think that Steve Nash deserved to win the MVP award?

imgv94

I say hell fvcking no!!!

How Kobe didn't win I don't know??

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kobe doesn't distribute the ball. Nash is a complete offensive package and that's what won it.

imgv94

Kobe did just as much for his team as Nash did. Nash had a much better
    supporting cast! Marion,Bell,Diaw,House Etc. Who the hell do the lakers
    have?? Odom!! Smush Parker?? No thanks.

Kobe deserved this award!!

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nash makes everybody better. And with a totally new team, except for Marion, he did it again.
    It would probably take Kobe at least three years to learn to play with a new supporting cast.

Kobe is a nice story for the media, but his team was only 7th in the West. 7th...
    Now, if basketball was a one-man sport, I'd take Kobe.

I guess people have very different interpretations of what MVP stands for.

Interesting, isn't it, that the Lakers are a much better team when Kobe is much less dominant? That says it all. He may have scored a lot of points, but not only did he not make his teammates better, he probably made them underperform... What a joke he is even considered.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 04-27-06 at 03:03 AM.

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse
    I guess people have very different interpretations of what MVP stands for.

Interesting, isn't it, that the Lakers are a much better team when Kobe is much less dominant? That says it all. He may have scored a lot of points, but not only did he not make his teammates better, he probably made them underperform... What a joke he is even considered.
    I respect your opinion always cause your my dogg,
    but this time you might be wrong.

HOW ABOUT THIS ARGUEMENT???

Dallas Mavericks are just fine w/o Nash!! Thank you!!

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dallas has Mark Cuban. Best owner in sports.

The media blow up the Kobe story, because whenever they mention him people sit through the commercials to find out how many points he made this time. Similar to all that 'will the Colts go unbeaten?' BS. The media always needs a story. And most people buy it.

Lakers not once beat Suns with Nash... until Kobe turned it down and got his team mates involved more. I'd rather have Nash who makes four other players on the floor better, than Kobe who makes only himself better. Simple math.

Phil Jackson is a genius to have beaten the Suns in game 2.
    Note that he didn't ride Kobe...
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 04-27-06 at 03:23 AM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think nash did deserve it this year. if you take nash away from the suns, there not even a .500 team.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Nash deserved the MVP.

I can understand the Kobe or Lebron argument, but Nash is just so much more integral to his team. Just watch what happens when Nash goes to the bench, the Suns virtually fall apart. I agree that Nash has a better supporting cast than Lebron or Kobe, but he still does more to raise the standard of his team.

The award itself is subjective and open to semantic interpretive arguments which lessens the meaning of the award itself, which is a whole other topic of discussion. Personally, MVP awards are equal in meaning to me as my last trip to the toilet. I gawk, flush, and forget about it almost instantly.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4531

Dont get me wrong, Nash is well deserving.

I just think Lebron should of got it. Just like Nash, take Lebron out of the Cavs uniform, and you will have a sub .500 team in Cleveland. Lebron as turn that team into a playoff team, and gets everyone involved on his team. Well tries to anyway. He has brought fans back to the games and the team back into the playoffs.

Im sure Lebron will win one or more before his career is over, I just thought this year was a good start on that. Plus I didnt think they would give it to Nash on back to back seasons.

imgv94

Take Kobe away from the Lakers this season and Lakers would of
    went 7-75.

imgv94

Lol!!
    Attached Images  

imgv94

JUSTICE FOR KOBE!!! SICK!!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4531

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That is clearly a charge on Kobe, Im sure he got away with it though. The refs need to give the MVP more respect.

imgv94

That dunk was sick bro!!! Kobe just punked Nash on that Dunk!!!

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    I say hell fvcking no!!!

How Kobe didn't win I don't know??
    This year's should have gone to Kobe. Without Steve, Phoenix is a mediocre team. Without Kobe, La Lakers are the worst assemblage of talent since the inaugural season of the Vancouver Grizzlies.

Hey IMG, why is Gnash going down on Kobe in your avatar?

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse
    Kobe is a nice story for the media, but his team was only 7th in the West. 7th...
    Now, if basketball was a one-man sport, I'd take Kobe.
    Come on, DH. Steve Nash is a media darling and that's a primary reason he has won the award 2 years in a row now. Don't act like the media is in love with Kobe. The media is forced to talk Kobe because he put up one of the best offensive seasons in NBA history. Steve Nash is a rich man's John Stockton in an era when MJ is no longer dominating the game so it's really cool to pick the Little Canadian that Could. The truth of the matter is that the parts surrounding Steve are considerably better than they are given credit for and the system he's running is perfect for his style of play. Carefully note that the Suns have been 10-10 in their last 20 games because Kurt Thomas has been injured. Kurt Thomas! Maybe he should be the MVP. All that really shows is that the Suns are very part-dependant because the system they run is really their MVP, whereas the Lakers lose their starting big man and the team doesn't miss a beat because they are very Kobe-dependant. Not to mention the fact that Kobe does it on both ends. Steve Nash is a defensive liability.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

The way the question is worded, it's impossible to vote no. Did Nash deserve the award? Yes. Did Lebron deserve the award? Yes. Did Kobe deserve the award? Maybe. Did Dirk deserve it? Maybe.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

And by the way, how that wasn't called an offensive foul is beyond me.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    The way the question is worded, it's impossible to vote no. Did Nash deserve the award? Yes. Did Lebron deserve the award? Yes. Did Kobe deserve the award? Maybe. Did Dirk deserve it? Maybe.
    I was just about to say the same thing. They all deserved it.

Oh, and I don't know if that is a charge, Nash doesn't get set until kobe is already on his way up and Nash got scared and shielded Kobe's body with his arms.
    Last edited by dave11486; 04-27-06 at 01:30 PM.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    Take Kobe away from the Lakers this season and Lakers would of went 7-75.
    We can only dream

The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

The record argument is worthless as you take Nash, Kobe, and Lebron off their teams. they are all guaranteed to be picking picks in the top 5 this year.

I'd give it to Nash because every player he distributed to(supporting cast) had career years. Amare was out the entire season. They were just expected to tread water until his return around the All Star Break.

Also, the media loves watching the Suns because they are exciting and that has something to do with it.

It's such a subjective call though. You could make the argument for Lebron, Kobe, and Nash. But I do think Nash edges this one out. Not that this should really be considered in the voting, but he won it last year and this year he had better numbers as did all of his teammates.

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That is clearly a charge on Kobe, Im sure he got away with it though. The refs need to give the MVP more respect.

Would you believe they called it a block? With Oscar-worthy theatrics, no less.

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers without Kobe would suck.

So would Phoenix without Nash, Dallas without Dirk, Cleveland without LeBron, Miami without Wade, Washington without Gilbert, and so on and so forth.

I've never read the ballot, but I'm fairly certain that in listing the criteria, it does not say, "Come up with a subjective, theoretical number of wins for a team without said player. Lowest number wins."

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    I love you man, but you're splitting hairs. We all know what we're talking about here. Did Nash deserve it more than Lebron, Kobe, etc. Also, if you ever correct any grammar/spelling/semantic errors in any of MY posts, I promise to flip off my computer screen.

I think Nash winning the MVP is just the status quo. Nash is the reigning MVP and has nothing but improved his "MVP qualities" this season. If someone wanted to go back and rehash last year's MVP results, that would make more sense than questioning this years results. Lebron and Kobe need to earn it. Don't just give it to them because they the NBA darlings or "The next Jordan".