jcubs55
    Jon Bones Jones -185
    jcubs55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Crazy potential Finals scenario

Pointing out: I am a diehard Bulls fan, so whenever I say things like "we", I'm talking about the Bulls. Sorry if I sound a little crazy or obsessed, I really mean it when I say I'm a diehard... anyways...

This is pretty crazy. As you may know the Bulls are now only one game behind the Spurs for best record in the league. I have always assumed that we would face the Lakers in a Finals matchup, so I've been closely following their games and in the midst of their four game losing streak we can now say we have clinched homecourt advantage in the playoffs against EVERY TEAM IN THE NBA... except the Spurs.

So I looked into our chances of catching the Spurs. In our 3 games left, we play the Howard-less Magic, the Knicks in NY, and the Nets at home. The only challenge there should be the Knicks, but even they have been struggling down the stretch and we SHOULD win out. The Spurs on the other hand have to play IN LA against the Lakers as part of back to back road games followed by a game in Phoenix. They should lose to the Lakers and could possibly drop both of those games.

IMO, the most likely scenario is that we end the season with the same record as the Spurs. The obvious tiebreaker then would be the season head-to-head matchup, which was tied at 1-1. Then I looked up tiebreakers after that... this is where it gets interesting. The second tiebreaker is record against the OPPOSING conference. The Bulls just beat the T-wolves and Suns to finish at 23-7 vs the West. With the Spurs loss to Boston at the end of March (thank god), they also finished 23-7. So... what is the third tiebreaker!?!?!?!

......A RANDOM DRAWING!!!!

How insane would that be if we played the Spurs in the Finals and homecourt (and essentially the series since both teams are almost unbeatable at home) came down to chance. I guess we would have a slight edge because the NBA is rigged in favor of larger markets (aka how we got Rose with an implied 1.7% chance), but that would be the sickest scenario ever. Another reason the homecourt would be so key is because unlike the first three rounds which is 2-2-1-1-1 format, the Finals are 2-3-2 format which is much more important. The team with homecourt has won 20/26 Finals that were played under the 2-3-2 format. Wow.

BULLieve!!!!

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

youre getting on my nerves already after using that bullieve crap. Doesnt make a difference you will face the lakers thats if you get past boston and you will lose. Not this year champ.

jcubs55
    Jon Bones Jones -185

LOL if you actually thing we would lose to Boston in a series... They have no chance against us without Perkins (we've steamrolled them in the last two matchups) and we have already beaten the Lakers this year as well (Split season series 1-1, but we would have homecourt over them).

TeamTT
    TeamTT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

I'm a bulls fan but I don't think they can catch the spurs to end season on a tie

Eating Bookies
    Useful idiot
    Eating Bookies's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Spurs will not lose to the Lakeshow. They remember the beating they got in their own backyard.

dvb02
    Update your status
    dvb02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1790

Quite entertaining!!

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

The bulls won't beat Miami

jcubs55
    Jon Bones Jones -185

Quote Originally Posted by TeamTT View Post
    I'm a bulls fan but I don't think they can catch the spurs to end season on a tie
    Quote Originally Posted by Eating Bookies View Post
    The Spurs will not lose to the Lakeshow. They remember the beating they got in their own backyard.

Would you two gentlemen like to take a mulligan on these predictions??

The Bulls are for real... they are the best TEAM out of the remaining "teams"... the only way I see them having a bump in the road would be if the big three really turned it up come playoff time... other than that, if the Heat don't bring their A game no one else in the East can touch us.

FairPlayBet
    FairPlayBet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Bulls are playing in best form at this moment, but that does not have to mean anything.

TeamTT
    TeamTT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

I hope I'm wrong, go bulls

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

nothing crazy gonna happen

jcubs55
    Jon Bones Jones -185

^^^ You may be right... Spurs trailing the Suns into the 3rd... if they lose the Bulls will have sole possession of the overall #1 seed!!! Already clinched at least a share!!

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13317

Spurs will still have homecourt in the finals if they make it

-Heat fan

kaijunn
    kaijunn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1361

Grizzlies and Pacers in the finals!!!!!!

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by jcubs55 View Post
    Would you two gentlemen like to take a mulligan on these predictions??

The Bulls are for real... they are the best TEAM out of the remaining "teams"... the only way I see them having a bump in the road would be if the big three really turned it up come playoff time... other than that, if the Heat don't bring their A game no one else in the East can touch us.
    Silly Bulls fans... not used to good playoff ball, it looks like. Playoffs are a whole other game. Celtics, Heat, and Magic will all be better than you think. No one has even seen the Celtics "team" yet. Rose is going to need his teammates to step up, or they will be in serious trouble.