twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Yea, and Rondo can guard him 1 on 1. One game doesn't change that. Rose is playing great right now, no denying that. Bulls are outplaying the Cs, no denying that. Just because I'm not joining the Rose circle jerk doesn't mean I'm being unreasonable. Let's see if he can keep it up when it counts
    rose has been keeping it up all season, fact is rondo does not have the skill set to match rose and he never will. Not many people in the nba can guard rose hes showed that the entire season, and rondo certainly is not one of them. Dude is just that good that he blows by entire teams not just rondo. Would you ever say that about rondo? if the answer is yes you would say that your smoking crack.
    Last edited by twelvejewelz; 04-07-11 at 10:21 PM.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by twelvejewelz View Post
    rose has been keeping it up all season, fact is rondo does not have the skill set to match rose and he never will. Not many people in the nba can guard rose hes showed that the entire season, and rondo certainly is not one of them. Dude is just that good that he blows by entire teams not just rondo. Would you ever say that about rondo? if the answer is yes you would say that your smoking crack.
    Lolwut? Rondo gets most of his points from layups, where he penetrates the D by... wait for it... blowing by entire teams. Yet another person bashing Rondo when they rarely see him play and base their opinions off of poor performances like tonight.

Rondo plays his best ball in the playoffs... let's wait til after the playoffs before we say he isn't in Rose's league

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lolwut? Rondo gets most of his points from layups, where he penetrates the D by... wait for it... blowing by entire teams. Yet another person bashing Rondo when they rarely see him play and base their opinions off of poor performances like tonight. Rondo plays his best ball in the playoffs... let's wait til after the playoffs before we say he isn't in Rose's league
    ive watched plenty of celtics games my brother is a die hard fan and i think rondo is a pu$$y and he is soft . Im not a bulls fan at all either so im neutral but IMO rose is in a different league than rondo. Rondo is to soft and does not have the skill set that rose has. Your right though we will see when the time comes and the lakers play chicago in the championships .

nthomas619
    nthomas619's Avatar Become A Pro!

agreed

nthomas619
    nthomas619's Avatar Become A Pro!

i comply that statement

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
    you qualified it with "usually", so you're not.
    Winning the MVP vote doesnt mean that you are the best player.

Anytime Lebron is on the court, he is the best player. But he isnt winning the MVP vote this year.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post

Anytime Lebron is on the court, he is the best player. But he isnt winning the MVP vote this year.
    I know, I agree with you.

D.Rose is still a top 5-to-10 player, so "usually" he is the best player on the court. He said usually and that was the key word for me to agree that he's not wrong

rsnnh12

ive watched plenty of celtics games my brother is a die hard fan and i think rondo is a pu$$y and he is soft . Im not a bulls fan at all either so im neutral but IMO rose is in a different league than rondo. Rondo is to soft and does not have the skill set that rose has. Your right though we will see when the time comes and the lakers play chicago in the championships .
    I'll agree that Rondo isn't the toughest guy around. He has a flair for the dramatic, learned from KG and Pierce :/ Any time he hits the floor, I'm worried he is hurt. He does play through pain though.

I also agree that they have VERY different skill sets. Rose is a better shooter/scorer (more of a PG/SG hybrid, like AI), Rondo is a better field general/defender (more of a "true" PG, like Kidd).

One more year under Thibs, add a legit SG, and they'll probably be in the Finals. I just don't think they have "it" (like the Cavs last year)

chantrain

I really hate terms like "true" pg. the PG role has evolved with the demands of the game. These days a PG is expected to be able to score and pass.

Rose is an excellent floor general, come on man... He's led his team to the top seed through injuries to key players all season, hitting clutch shot after clutch shot, taking over 4th quarters with regularity.

louvega71
    louvega71's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think he does

rsnnh12

I really hate terms like "true" pg. the PG role has evolved with the demands of the game. These days a PG is expected to be able to score and pass.

Rose is an excellent floor general, come on man... He's led his team to the top seed through injuries to key players all season, hitting clutch shot after clutch shot, taking over 4th quarters with regularity.
    I hate that term too, didn't know what else to call it haha. The PG role has evolved, but its still on a team-by-team basis. Teams like the Celts, Mavs, Spurs need a distributor. Most other teams don't have that build, so they need a PG who can shoot and score more to facilitate the offense.

I'm not saying Rose is a bad floor general, he's obviously damn good. I just think Rondo has him beat in that aspect... look at the things you mentioned- clutch shots and taking over 4th quarters. Those are the traits of a scorer, not a floor general. Not saying its a bad thing... it works well for the Bulls. Same way Rondo works for the Cs. The difference between the 2 is Rondo will pass to the guy who he knows is feeling it or he'll pass to the guy who is in the most advantageous position. Rose takes over games mostly on his own, whether its shooting 3s or getting to the line. The Bulls will live and die on Rose's shooting, the Cs will live and die on Rondo making sure the right guys get the ball at the right times

CRM20
    Update your status
    CRM20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3160

thank u, smartest mother rooster_eater here

chantrain

I hate that term too, didn't know what else to call it haha. The PG role has evolved, but its still on a team-by-team basis. Teams like the Celts, Mavs, Spurs need a distributor. Most other teams don't have that build, so they need a PG who can shoot and score more to facilitate the offense.

I'm not saying Rose is a bad floor general, he's obviously damn good. I just think Rondo has him beat in that aspect... look at the things you mentioned- clutch shots and taking over 4th quarters. Those are the traits of a scorer, not a floor general. Not saying its a bad thing... it works well for the Bulls. Same way Rondo works for the Cs. The difference between the 2 is Rondo will pass to the guy who he knows is feeling it or he'll pass to the guy who is in the most advantageous position. Rose takes over games mostly on his own, whether its shooting 3s or getting to the line. The Bulls will live and die on Rose's shooting, the Cs will live and die on Rondo making sure the right guys get the ball at the right times
    can't find much to disagree with here. I do think Rondo is better than he showed tonight, much better. He's been in an awful slump recently, and D.Rose just seems to get into his head.

goldengreek
    goldengreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3939

JUST GONNA C & P WHAT I WROTE LAST NIGHT:

COMPARING THE MVP AND ONE OF THE TOP 5 PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE TO A GUY WHO SHOOTS 50 % FROM THE FREE THROW LINE AND 10 PPG

AND THE REASON HE GETS ALL THE ASSISTS IS ALL THE HALL OF FAMERS OM THE TEAM

NASH AND CP3 WOULD HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT OF ASSISTS IF NOT MORE IF THEY WERE THE POINT GUARD ON THAT TEAM

RONDO = ROSE

IS LIKE SAYING

KURT THOMAS = DWIGHT HOWARD

ONLY HIS ASSISTS ARE IMPRESSIVE... AND WHOSE WOULDNT BE WITH KG , PIERCE , AND RAY ALLEN ?

I WOULD HONESTLY AND EASILY TAKE THESE PG's BEFORE RONDO

ROSE
    WESTBROOK
    CP3
    DERRON WILLIAMS

AND IF IT WASNT FOR THEIR AGE:

TONY PARKER
    NASH

1) RONDO CANT SHOOT FROM 3 POINT LAND

2) RONDO HAS NO MID RANGE JUMPER

3) RONDO HITS 50 % FROM THE FREE THROW LINE...FROM A PG !!!!!???? THIS ISNT SHAQ WE ARE TALKING ABOUT

HE IS GOOD BUT NOT GREAT... BUT TALK ABOUT OVER RATED

IF I COULD PICK ONLY ONE GUY TO ADD ON MY TEAM FROM ALL OF THE ONES LISTED ABOVE ... I WOULD PICK ALL OF THOSE B4 RONDO

IF I COULD PICK ONLY ONE GUY TO ADD ON MY TEAM FROM ALL OF THE ONES LISTED ABOVE ... I WOULD PICK ALL OF THOSE B4 RONDO

Lebron
    Howard
    Kobe
    Durant
    Rose
    Wade
    Carmelo
    Amare
    Monte Ellis
    Kevin Love
    Kevin Martin
    Dirk
    Blake Griffin
    Westbrook
    CP3
    D Will
    Zach Randolph
    Gasol
    Granger
    Al Jefferson
    Pierce
    Garnett
    Bosh
    Joe Johnson
    Manu
    Deng
    Lee
    Horford
    ODOM
    Aldridge
    Roy
    Gay
    Gerald Wallace
    Devin Harris
    Iguodala
    Stephen Curry
    NASH ( THE AGE THING THO

goldengreek

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post

he is easily one of the top 6 players in the nba

lebron
    howard
    kobe
    durant
    rose
    wade

chantrain

Rose ahead of Wade? Dunno about that... Rose has had the better season but Wade still has the better TS% and eFG%.

Rose is a top 6-to-8 player though, easily. If you compare Kobes and Roses stats, theyre remarkably similar

goldengreek

rose ahead of wade? Dunno about that... Rose has had the better season but wade still has the better ts% and efg%.

Rose is a top 6-to-8 player though, easily. If you compare kobes and roses stats, theyre remarkably similar

my top 6 players were in no particular order

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Right, but as much as I'd like to see it, I'm doubting the Celtics can get past the Heat. Perkins trade was an enormous mistake.
    I'll even one up you and make it a bet.

You're all my witnesses: I expect James to play PF when playoff time comes. And Bibby and Wade, yes Wade, to share the PG duties.

I think the Heat will wallop Celtic (who just look bad) but they'll still lose to Bulls.

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

RS: are you putting $$ where your mouth is? You really putting $$ Celts will win the East? Or are you being a fanatical Celtics fan?

You may have an argument, a very very small argument that Rose and Rondo are equal (I disagree, but it could be an argument) in PG skill set. But there is NO WAY that rondo has 75% of the skills Rose has. NO WAY. Not up for debate, straight out fact.

CRM20
    Update your status
    CRM20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3160

rondo is definately over rated and is not elite put him on another team no one would talk about him

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by goldengreek View Post
    he is easily one of the top 6 players in the nba lebron howard kobe durant rose wade
    no doubt

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    RS: are you putting $$ where your mouth is? You really putting $$ Celts will win the East? Or are you being a fanatical Celtics fan?

You may have an argument, a very very small argument that Rose and Rondo are equal (I disagree, but it could be an argument) in PG skill set. But there is NO WAY that rondo has 75% of the skills Rose has. NO WAY. Not up for debate, straight out fact.
    I fully plan on putting money on them. I will put a small amount on them pre-playoffs, a little for winning round 1, and tthen bet on a game-by-game basis. Playoff injuries can devastate a team (see: Perkins in game 6), so I don't like putting a ton of money on something 1+ month away, where players play with the intensity of the playoffs. If Pierce/KG/Rondo go down for the playoffs in round 1, I don't want to get fukked with a big "win the East" bet.

That being said, I am confident they make the ECF, and expect an amazing 6 or 7 game series with da Bulls. I might put a few dollars down on that being a matchup, if 5Dimes offers it.

I just think Rondo and Rose are too different to really compare, other than comparing their impact on their teams. Rondo's skillset is better than Rose's in a traditional PG, facilitator, defender sense. Rose's is better as a straight up basketball player, shooter, scorer. Rose is a SG with the leadership and ballhandling of a PG. Both players are unique in that they are the best at what they do. I wouldn't have any PG over Rondo lead the Cs. I wouldn't have any PG over Rose if I had a younger team that needed a PG who can score almost at will.

I guess that's why I put them on the same level... none of the other contenders rely so much on 1 player to run their teams (other than the Magic and Dwight, of course, but that's a different situation). If Rose/Rondo play poorly, their teams struggle, and struggle badly.

Sorry for the essay haha

meckis
    meckis's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8101

Rondo is overrated, but still he is one of the best pg in the league.

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GAMBLOR777 View Post
    *sigh*

We'll see what happens.
    I agree. I think the C's come out ballin in the playoffs and make it all the way back to the finals again. They destroyed in in the playoffs last season after being mediocre up until then. I believe the C's know inside that theyre the best in the east and will prove it when it matters.

The Bulls are awesome. Have been the best team all season. Unfortunately for them, they won't be when it truly matters. They're the team of tomorow, but not today, not just yet.

madrabbit

I agree with the smoking crack. But that person smoking crack would be you. You mustn't have watched many celtics games at all because rondo does just waltz by players and lays it up. Not as much as Rose but Rondo is a star. You don't know wtf youre talking about. I'm a lakers fan btw but I dont talk out of my a33. Rondo is class just like the celtics.

madrabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post

i think boston will win the east. I think they do what they did last year and turn it on. Theyve had a better season than last year, at least b4 the perkins trade. I expect them to be a machine in the playoffs. No doubt Bulls are better atm and the best team in the nba at this point in time, but I don't think theyre going to win it. ECF at worst, runners up at best.

NOREGRETS
    NOREGRETS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 560

Rondo blows, Rose is nasty!

First 12