t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Celtics +4 @ Bulls

Boston wins straight up and when all is said and done they get the #1 seed.

Bulls are a very good team but Celtics are gonna turn it up a notch here and will be too much to handle for Chicago.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boston may win the game, but there's noway they get the #1 seed.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Bulls win this game rather handily BUT Celtics beat them if they meet in the playoffs.

Getting top seed simply means more to the Bulls, while Celtics have their eyes on the big picture.

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

I was listening to the herd discuss what the Celtics did at the end of last season (play hard in 2 games against playoff teams and rest up the other games.) I think they may try to do this with Chicago. They beat the sixers last night in what could be a first round matchup and they need to know they can go into chicago and win if they have to.

bigp69
    bigp69's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm all over this at +4

GTS925
    21-7 Run!
    GTS925's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Bulls will win. the Celtics will not give all they got, they will be saving their health and strength for the playoff because its all they need as of now. Home court advantage is nothing to them cause they all have the experience to pull through any series as long as they're healthy, while the bulls will be shooting for the Eastern top seed. They needed it the most since they're still young and haven't really have the experience of winning all the pre-finals series.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Boston may win the game, but there's noway they get the #1 seed.
    Why not? If they win tomorrow night they will be two back. Chicago has to play Boston, @ Orlando, and @New York... Celtics would have to beat Bulls and also Miami so it's a long shot but I think they are going for it.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

spread is going up to 4.5 what a joke, bulls are the biggest pretender ive ever seen

2nd round MAX

koby25
    koby25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

playoffs time the big team will rule like always

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    spread is going up to 4.5 what a joke, bulls are the biggest pretender ive ever seen

2nd round MAX

uhhh...

you're a retard
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PlatinumBerg, goldengreek, and the_situation

chantrain

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Why not? If they win tomorrow night they will be two back. Chicago has to play Boston, @ Orlando, and @New York... Celtics would have to beat Bulls and also Miami so it's a long shot but I think they are going for it.
    If you know anything about the Bulls, you know they step up for the big games. Looks like Bulls will face a Dwight Howard-less Magic, and the Knicks aren't good so not worried about that game at all. Bulls have it out for the Knicks any way since theyre the only team Bulls have yet to beat this season.

LineKrusher
    LineKrusher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Celts ain't winning nothing! They can't beat a good team.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the Cs will try tomorrow. They want to show the Bulls that they are still the top dog and don't want to give the Bulls any momentum going into the playoffs. I like Boston by 5+... will hit the ML and spread hard

chantrain

They can try all they want, you think all the C's have to do is try and they'll win? wishful thinking.

Look, I don't mean to disrespect the Celtics, but neither do I think the Bulls should be disrespected. There is no clear and easy winner either way here. Celts +5 might be a good bet but I wouldn't be surprised to see bulls win by 5 either.

Who have the celtics got at center? Nenad is injured, Shaq is injured...I mean, that alone....

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
    They can try all they want, you think all the C's have to do is try and they'll win? wishful thinking.

Look, I don't mean to disrespect the Celtics, but neither do I think the Bulls should be disrespected. There is no clear and easy winner either way here. Celts +5 might be a good bet but I wouldn't be surprised to see bulls win by 5 either.

Who have the celtics got at center? Nenad is injured, Shaq is injured...I mean, that alone....
    Honestly? Yes, all the Cs have to do is try to win. I have no doubt the Cs will win in a playoff series. Three Hall of Famers, plus smart vets like Rondo, all know how Thibs operates. Don't underestimate the advantage of that. I just don't know if the Cs will exploit any of that now, or rather wait til it really matters.

Nenad might play. Jermaine is back and playing well. The Cs have only had 1 center for a good chunk of this year, not too worried about that. Baby and KG can rotate into that spot in Krstic can't go

JamalCrawford
    JamalCrawford's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

celtics are an elite team, and i think its best to take the points here. cuz 4.5 is a lot

chantrain

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Honestly? Yes, all the Cs have to do is try to win. I have no doubt the Cs will win in a playoff series. Three Hall of Famers, plus smart vets like Rondo, all know how Thibs operates. Don't underestimate the advantage of that. I just don't know if the Cs will exploit any of that now, or rather wait til it really matters.

Nenad might play. Jermaine is back and playing well. The Cs have only had 1 center for a good chunk of this year, not too worried about that. Baby and KG can rotate into that spot in Krstic can't go
    I completely disagree, I think the Bulls are a legit threat to the Celtics, either one is fully capable of beating one another in a series.

Experience is totally over rated. How much experience did the Celtics have in 07-08? It's not like those players had a bunch of rings. They had a bunch of guys who usually lost in the 1st or 2nd round like the Bulls got now. Heck the Bulls took the Celtics to 7 games in a great series two years ago with Rose as a rookie and Noah in his second year. You don't think they learned from that?

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Bulls win this game rather handily BUT Celtics beat them if they meet in the playoffs.

Getting top seed simply means more to the Bulls, while Celtics have their eyes on the big picture.
    with 5 games left, the bulls would really have to collapse to lose the top seed. i think boston brings more intensity tomorrow. 4.5 is extreme value imo....

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

you're a fool if you still think that the Celts are the same great team that won the championship a few years ago

they don't have the explosiveness or the offensive firepower that they did a few years back (scoring just 97 ppg compared to 100+ in their championship year). This is also a team that's not very good at rebounding anymore (very average in that area in fact)

the bulls are better than Boston in both offensive and defensive efficiency. they are the team to beat

With that being said, bulls ML is the only play here. 4 points is too much to give on the spread as I think bulls will win this in a close one

Grind House
    Grind House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3857

Bulls are not letting go of the 1st seed now. Boston is washed up; bet they don't have a run like last year in them this time.

rsnnh12

I completely disagree, I think the Bulls are a legit threat to the Celtics, either one is fully capable of beating one another in a series.

Experience is totally over rated. How much experience did the Celtics have in 07-08? It's not like those players had a bunch of rings. They had a bunch of guys who usually lost in the 1st or 2nd round like the Bulls got now. Heck the Bulls took the Celtics to 7 games in a great series two years ago with Rose as a rookie and Noah in his second year. You don't think they learned from that?
    KG didn't play any of that series, Scalibrine played the 2nd most minutes off the bench, and the Cs still won...

I just don't see any clear advantage for the Bulls, other than starting center. The depth for the Cs at center makes up for it though.

Rondo=Rose
    Allen>>>Bogans
    Pierce>Deng
    KG>>Boozer
    Celtics starting C< Shaq/JO/Krstic=Noah/Asik (foul trouble hurts Bulls more than Cs)

chantrain

Rondo = Rose? c'mon son.

Thats the worst way to judge a series anyway dude, just comparing players and going < or > is the worst way to analyze how a series might go.

brahmabull117

KG didn't play any of that series, Scalibrine played the 2nd most minutes off the bench, and the Cs still won...

I just don't see any clear advantage for the Bulls, other than starting center. The depth for the Cs at center makes up for it though.

Rondo=Rose
    Allen>>>Bogans
    Pierce>Deng
    KG>>Boozer
    Celtics starting C<<Noah
    Shaq/JO/Krstic=Noah/Asik (foul trouble hurts Bulls more than Cs)

Rose = Rondo???

there's not a GM in the league who would take Rondo over Rose. Not even close

and boozer is a better offensive player than KG (he's not a great defender but Noah makes up for most of his shortcomings with his double teams and help defense)

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    you're a fool if you still think that the Celts are the same great team that won the championship a few years ago

they don't have the explosiveness or the offensive firepower that they did a few years back (scoring just 97 ppg compared to 100+ in their championship year). This is also a team that's not very good at rebounding anymore (very average in that area in fact)

the bulls are better than Boston in both offensive and defensive efficiency. they are the team to beat

With that being said, bulls ML is the only play here. 4 points is too much to give on the spread as I think bulls will win this in a close one
    They also haven't been close to healthy and went through a big shakeup at the trade deadline. This team was built for the playoffs, regular season doesn't matter. Both Shaq and JO were saved for the playoffs. Pierce and Allen will be able to get more rest with Delonte and Green backing them up now (compared to Von Wafer and Avery Bradley/Nate Robinson before). Huge improvements in both backup spots. Carlos Arroyo, Delonte, Green, Baby, and Shaq/JO/Krstic coming off the bench in the playoffs... that's a very dangerous bench

chantrain

Let's just see what happens tomorrow.

I think its a huge fallacy to discount the regular season and rely on some mythical "second gear" that championship teams are supposed to turn on in the playoffs.

Judging how a team might perform in the playoffs based on the regular season is not 100% accurate but it does give you an indication. To discount the regular season completely like it has no bearing on how the team looks in the playoffs is very silly imo.

rsnnh12

Rondo = Rose? c'mon son.

Thats the worst way to judge a series anyway dude, just comparing players and going < or > is the worst way to analyze how a series might go.
    I'm not analyzing the series from that, I'm just saying there's really no advantage in the starting individual matchups, other than maybe Noah.

And yes, Rondo=Rose. Rose is a more skilled basketball player, but no one sets up their teammates better than Rondo, and no PG plays better D than Rondo. Rondo is as important to the Cs as Rose is to the Bulls

chantrain

Do you think Rondo can successfully guard Rose 1 on 1? serious question.

btw I do disagree with that, Nash sets up his teammates better than Rondo and CP3 defends better

brahmabull117

They also haven't been close to healthy and went through a big shakeup at the trade deadline. This team was built for the playoffs, regular season doesn't matter. Both Shaq and JO were saved for the playoffs. Pierce and Allen will be able to get more rest with Delonte and Green backing them up now (compared to Von Wafer and Avery Bradley/Nate Robinson before). Huge improvements in both backup spots. Carlos Arroyo, Delonte, Green, Baby, and Shaq/JO/Krstic coming off the bench in the playoffs... that's a very dangerous bench
    Shaq and JO are a 100 years old each

how are you really expecting anything from them??

and the bulls have experienced wayyyyyyyyyy more injuries than the Celts have. The bulls have missed 2 of their 5 starters for a combined 40-60 games. That's a weak excuse

brahmabull117

Let's just see what happens tomorrow.

I think its a huge fallacy to discount the regular season and rely on some mythical "second gear" that championship teams are supposed to turn on in the playoffs.

Judging how a team might perform in the playoffs based on the regular season is not 100% accurate but it does give you an indication. To discount the regular season completely like it has no bearing on how the team looks in the playoffs is very silly imo.

John Hollinger (espn stats analyzer) consistently tells you that the "struggle in regular season but turn it on in the playoffs" is a very poor formula for winning championships

look at the last 3 champions in the NBA, all of them won 56+ games

rsnnh12

Rose = Rondo???

there's not a GM in the league who would take Rondo over Rose. Not even close

and boozer is a better offensive player than KG (he's not a great defender but Noah makes up for most of his shortcomings with his double teams and help defense)
    I could care less who the GMs would rather have. Rondo is the catalyst for the team, he runs the show, and he is a perfect fit for the Celtics. No PG in the league could run that team better.

KG is one of the best passing big men in the game, so Noah won't be able to help much without leaving his man open... and KG will find him

chantrain

I could care less who the GMs would rather have. Rondo is the catalyst for the team, he runs the show, and he is a perfect fit for the Celtics. No PG in the league could run that team better.

KG is one of the best passing big men in the game, so Noah won't be able to help much without leaving his man open... and KG will find him
    but you aren't saying anything that isn't already known. I've acknowledged that the Celtics are an excellent team, with some excellent players. Any smart BBall fan acknowledges that.

But the Bulls are an excellent team with excellent players too, it'll be a matter of who can impose their will on the other.

I expect a great game. I hope the Celtics come into Chicago wanting to win as badly as I know the Bulls will want it.

rsnnh12

Do you think Rondo can successfully guard Rose 1 on 1? serious question.

btw I do disagree with that, Nash sets up his teammates better than Rondo and CP3 defends better
    Yes, he can. Rose will still get his shots, but Rondo can defend him.

Nash is the only guy I would agree is in the discussion with Rondo for court vision/passing, and CP3 for defense, but I think Rondo does both better.

chantrain

Come on man, have you even watched a lot of Bulls games this season? Nobody can guard Rose one on one, he'll blow past entire teams and get to the rim and finish. He's unguardable, especially when his 3pt shot is falling.

here is what Kevin Garnett had to say about Rose:

"Oh my God. Derrick Rose has taken probably 100 notches of a takeoff from where he started," Garnett said. "Nothing has shocked me about anything he's obtained. And the fact that he's taken his team, put it on his back, his progression, the sense that he's still humble to it all, the fact that he's taken his team to the next level. He's one of my favorite guys to sit back and watch. A beast to play against. but [he's] one of my favorite guys [in] how he approaches the game."

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bull...nts-to-be-no-1

rsnnh12

Shaq and JO are a 100 years old each

how are you really expecting anything from them??

and the bulls have experienced wayyyyyyyyyy more injuries than the Celts have. The bulls have missed 2 of their 5 starters for a combined 40-60 games. That's a weak excuse
    All they need is ~15 minutes from each, and both are more than capable of that. Both have played incredibly well this year.

And the injuries weren't an excuse for anything, other than giving a reason why the offensive production hasn't been as good as their title year, which you brought up. Those guys could have played if needed, but they were rested for the playoffs for a reason

rapidfire5
    Update Status
    rapidfire5's Avatar Become A Pro!

d rose all day

123 Last