Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Why Spurs are not the BOD

This is a PSA, take it at your own risk, just remember this was FREE:

The title of the thread should be "Why I Love Timmy D and why the Spurs are Punked without him"

ESPN does not have Timmy starting today, it's Splitter.

Why is Timmy so important?
    1. He's a good Rebounder, which is essential for the bench filled with shooters. Lately, they've been really bad, so Timmy needs to get those 2nd chance plays. McDyess has good stats for O rebounds too but I'm concerned about McDyess, he was -6 v Suns, in 18 mins play with 5 rebounds. Why? He must be a liability somewhere.
    What about DeBlair, you say? He was -10 in 17 mins. Who was picking up the slack? Bonner!!! Yes, the Red Rocket had 11 rebounds, his D was the big difference between the Suns game and the Rockets game.
    My concern is: if Bonner is playing D at the PF position, who is scoring? Ginobili? Parker? that concern me, because they didn't play well v Suns. And will Bonner be able to take on Horford?

2. He opens up plays for Parker. I noticed Parker is more efficient when Duncan is playing and there's no one on Hawks who can match Parker's speed. Hill played great v Suns but he's an equal match for Hinrich, who also been playing great. Physically there's no edge, speed there is no edge. But with Parker I see a speed advantage and that's why he killed it v. Celtics.

Enough about Timmy, let's talk Spurs... I disagree with the masses, they HAVEN'T been playing well. Any other day, the would've annihilated the Rockets, which they have a long standing Rivalry with. They lost by what I think are coaching gaffes. How could the COY candidate lose 6 in a row? Easily. He's throwing the games. He's got his eyes on the playoffs, not the last week of regular season.

Who would you want to play in first round? The new and improved juggernaut Memphis? Or the stingless Hornets? Spurs can and will beat both teams, but my concern for first round with Memphis is they are physical, tough team that will be playing HARD. A tough win v. Memphis may knock the wind out of the Spurs. Why not have another tough rival, say the Lakers, win that battle instead? BRILLIANT

With this logic, I may put a small amount of Hawks ML today.

Nevermind, looks like Griz will be #7 seed.

I MAY BE WRONG.... but I doubt it.
    Last edited by Avenger; 04-05-11 at 05:33 PM.

tullamore21
    Update your status
    tullamore21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3213

Duncan's out?

Smalo89
    Smalo89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

duncan is playing, josh smith is a questionable but unlikely gametime decision. the lakers are now contending for the #1 seed in the west so sas will have a fire to come out and win tonight

tullamore21
    Update your status

and who told you, Memphis will seed 8th?

rnunez91
    rnunez91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4981

Stop giving false info to the forum.. Duncan is playing

sportman1313
    sportman1313's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting bring-up but the 6th, 7th, and 8th seeds are still up for grabs between portland, memphis, and new orleans. Hopefully I don't eat my words but popovich wants homecourt advantage for the obvious reasons, especially considering they may end up facing LA. Another thing, I don't think there is a single person in the nba world that will say the spurs have been playing good basketball as of late (with exception of suns game)!!!! Popovich always rests players close to playoff time but he knows how critical this particular game is, in race with not only LA but Chicago also. This is almost a MUST-WIN for them...I won't flame you or talk trash, but hope you have a solid day. I disagree with what you're saying but that's okay....best of luck bro and hopefully spurs come out ablazing and put this game out of reach early as I would expect they'd like to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    This is a PSA, take it at your own risk, just remember this was FREE:

The title of the thread should be "Why I Love Timmy D and why the Spurs are Punked without him"

ESPN does not have Timmy starting today, it's Splitter.

Why is Timmy so important?
    1. He's a good Rebounder, which is essential for the bench filled with shooters. Lately, they've been really bad, so Timmy needs to get those 2nd chance plays. McDyess has good stats for O rebounds too but I'm concerned about McDyess, he was -6 v Suns, in 18 mins play with 5 rebounds. Why? He must be a liability somewhere.
    What about DeBlair, you say? He was -10 in 17 mins. Who was picking up the slack? Bonner!!! Yes, the Red Rocket had 11 rebounds, his D was the big difference between the Suns game and the Rockets game.
    My concern is: if Bonner is playing D at the PF position, who is scoring? Ginobili? Parker? that concern me, because they didn't play well v Suns. And will Bonner be able to take on Horford?

2. He opens up plays for Parker. I noticed Parker is more efficient when Duncan is playing and there's no one on Hawks who can match Parker's speed. Hill played great v Suns but he's an equal match for Hinrich, who also been playing great. Physically there's no edge, speed there is no edge. But with Parker I see a speed advantage and that's why he killed it v. Celtics.

Enough about Timmy, let's talk Spurs... I disagree with the masses, they HAVEN'T been playing well. Any other day, the would've annihilated the Rockets, which they have a long standing Rivalry with. They lost by what I think are coaching gaffes. How could the COY candidate lose 6 in a row? Easily. He's throwing the games. He's got his eyes on the playoffs, not the last week of regular season.

Who would you want to play in first round? The new and improved juggernaut Memphis? Or the stingless Hornets? Spurs can and will beat both teams, but my concern for first round with Memphis is they are physical, tough team that will be playing HARD. A tough win v. Memphis may knock the wind out of the Spurs. Why not have another tough rival, say the Lakers, win that battle instead? BRILLIANT

With this logic, I may put a small amount of Hawks ML today.

I MAY BE WRONG.... but I doubt it.

sportman1313

I think some may have gotten confused about what you meant about duncan though.....he may not start but he is for sure playing tonight. Don't think avenger meant that he wouldn't play, unless I'm mistaken....espn does have splitter as starting center but they also have josh smith starting too. Pop will try to minimize duncan's minutes as much as possible....which is why I think spurs wanna put this game out of reach early in the first half.

BOL all

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by tullamore21 View Post
    and who told you, Memphis will seed 8th?
    Crap, you're right.

Ok... my bad... editing my post. Looks like Memphis will overtake Hornets tonight. Still think Spurs NOT BOD, but not so much now.

sportman1313

respect bro....atleast you're willing to admit when you're wrong and apologize for it. Speaks highly of you bro....BOL on your plays

Crap, you're right.

Ok... my bad... editing my post. Looks like Memphis will overtake Hornets tonight. Still think Spurs NOT BOD, but not so much now.

syn^
    syn^'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Still liking spurs tonight. Atl to unpredictable and without josh smith

sportman1313

i actually would have preferred playing hawks with smith....teams always seem to pick up the slack when star player is out and seem to play better in short term. nonetheless, spurs still get things done tonight imo

tullamore21
    Update your status

Crap, you're right.

no problem bud.
    it is your opinion, i just mentioned it.

cannot wish you luck tonight... sorry

macoeric
    Update your status
    macoeric's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8041

Duncan is out oh shiiiiiiiiiii-
    time to go all in

sportman1313

LOL, what are you talking about? Joking?
    Quote Originally Posted by macoeric View Post
    Duncan is out oh shiiiiiiiiiii-
    time to go all in