dude_bg
    dude_bg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Thunder @ Clipps

i love reading people opinion on a game in a single thread, so i am gonna open one
    I have a important question- do oklahoma has something to play for, regarding playoff spot,
    line is at 3.5 but some bookies have it at 4 already
    i really want to play 3-4 unit play on thunder, still will try to do my homework first
    ATS trends show thunder, but motivation is the key factor

durant very rarely has two bad shooting games in a row, even with his 8 of 21 last time thunder crushed lac by 20+
    perkins foul trouble worries me although, he seems to have problems staying on the court for more than 27-30 mins
    Last edited by dude_bg; 04-02-11 at 01:59 AM.

forzuto13
    forzuto13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

My only bet today is on OKL -4. Locked it up last night. Thunder are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 road games.
    Clippers are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 home games and are 1-8 ATS in their last 9 games overall.

Both teams playing B2Bs and Clipps lost to the struggling Suns even without Steve Nash playing. And they got shut out too! I definitely think the Thunder get the bounce back after that tough loss in Oregon yesterday.

blinky88
    blinky88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck tonight..

dude_bg

gluck , i am heavily committed to this game, go thunder kill lac

Vulcan300
    Vulcan300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10108

i believe OKC wants to keep their 4th spot to avoid lakers, so i'm actually laying off their road games. OKC will see clippers again weds 4/6 at home.

if what was quoted from brooks is accurate or not, id lay off thunder.

forzuto13

Quote Originally Posted by dude_bg View Post
    gluck , i am heavily committed to this game, go thunder kill lac
    I'm with you!!

forzuto13

The Thunder have tended to respond well after losses, going 18-5 following a defeat. Kaman for Clipps could still be out with that viral infection, which would give Thunder dominance inside.

Also, in reference to OKL not wanting to play the Lakers: that wouldn't happen anyway, at least in first round, if that's what you're talking about. In fact, it's to the Thunder's interest to not only clinch the division title but move up the ranks in the West so they'd avoid playing Denver first round, which would be pretty tough games to start out with, the way Denver has been playing.
    Last edited by forzuto13; 04-02-11 at 12:50 PM.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Kaman is never in, that is like saying I am in and I am 3000 miles from the arena. I am probable he is doubtful.

scholesy
    [Too Long]
    scholesy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1685

don't think Kaman is a factor, he hasn't played much all year

7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6678

blake griffin is a pretty handsome guy

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

I think the Thunder have plenty to play for. Staying in 4th doesn't guarantee they avoid LA, Lakers just 1 game behind Spurs and they play each other. Lakers have a great chance at getting the 1 seed. Thunder have plenty to play for. They are a young team with very little play-off experience, its important for them to be playing at their best going into the play-offs. Which is what they are doing now, playing very good basketball. Another reason its important for them to keep playing at a high level is that they have a major change in their roster and they are still relativity new and getting to know how to play with each other this isn't the time to take games off. Teams dont do these things this early anyway. Maybe with 1 or 2 games left Brooks can rest some of the core guys but they aren't looking past any game yet imo.

What do the Clippers have to play for? Nothing, they can play spoiler which is big but i dont see that being more of a motivator then what the Thunder have going. I've looked at all the games after a loss they've had this year and not only is their record impressive in rebound games, the games they did lose (2nd in a row) were to very good teams which the Clippers are not.

Both teams on b2b, neither had to travel far. OKC is a good b2b team so i dont think there is anything to worry about here.

Match-up wise the Clippers have a big edge in paint scoring and rebounding, but thats looking at season totals for OKC. OKC has fixed those problems with the addition of Perkins, but he isn't the only thing thats different. He replaced a weak defender in Kristic and the move also shifted Ibaka in a starting role with the loss of an undersized Green. They also added Nazie Mohammed off the bench with a solid guy in Collison (might be hurt?) already there. I dont have the slits in numbers since the trade but i'm sure OKC is a much better paint defensive and rebounding team since. The only player i would worry about being effected by the b2b is Perkins cause he isn't 100% (i think) but he doesn't play big minutes and due to foul trouble last game didnt even hit 30.

Clippers used to be scary at one point of the year playing very tough at home, even beating good teams (Lakers/Heat, and some other team). But they are not finishing the season strong at all despite Gordon being back, Blake is slowing down a bit too (rookie wall?).

I think OKC is the best play today.
    Points Awarded:

zombie autopilot gave demens 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

nanozane
    nanozane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

OKC it is.

HCBoone
    HCBoone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5652

Yea OKC got this one.

Fasttrack
    Fasttrack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 449

Going with OKC tonight. I think they cover tonight.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13389

The under is looking very good too. Both are good defensive teams.

zombie autopilot
    zombie autopilot's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    I think the Thunder have plenty to play for. Staying in 4th doesn't guarantee they avoid LA, Lakers just 1 game behind Spurs and they play each other. Lakers have a great chance at getting the 1 seed. Thunder have plenty to play for. They are a young team with very little play-off experience, its important for them to be playing at their best going into the play-offs. Which is what they are doing now, playing very good basketball. Another reason its important for them to keep playing at a high level is that they have a major change in their roster and they are still relativity new and getting to know how to play with each other this isn't the time to take games off. Teams dont do these things this early anyway. Maybe with 1 or 2 games left Brooks can rest some of the core guys but they aren't looking past any game yet imo.

What do the Clippers have to play for? Nothing, they can play spoiler which is big but i dont see that being more of a motivator then what the Thunder have going. I've looked at all the games after a loss they've had this year and not only is their record impressive in rebound games, the games they did lose (2nd in a row) were to very good teams which the Clippers are not.

Both teams on b2b, neither had to travel far. OKC is a good b2b team so i dont think there is anything to worry about here.

Match-up wise the Clippers have a big edge in paint scoring and rebounding, but thats looking at season totals for OKC. OKC has fixed those problems with the addition of Perkins, but he isn't the only thing thats different. He replaced a weak defender in Kristic and the move also shifted Ibaka in a starting role with the loss of an undersized Green. They also added Nazie Mohammed off the bench with a solid guy in Collison (might be hurt?) already there. I dont have the slits in numbers since the trade but i'm sure OKC is a much better paint defensive and rebounding team since. The only player i would worry about being effected by the b2b is Perkins cause he isn't 100% (i think) but he doesn't play big minutes and due to foul trouble last game didnt even hit 30.

Clippers used to be scary at one point of the year playing very tough at home, even beating good teams (Lakers/Heat, and some other team). But they are not finishing the season strong at all despite Gordon being back, Blake is slowing down a bit too (rookie wall?).

I think OKC is the best play today.
    nice analysis mate

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

LAC 1Q +2 (-113) x2

I think OKC will likely win the game, but the Clippers are very strong at home in the 1Q. I expect the second half to be all Thunder.

JumpoffJoeBeezy
    JumpoffJoeBeezy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2136

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    LAC 1Q +2 (-113) x2

I think OKC will likely win the game, but the Clippers are very strong at home in the 1Q. I expect the second half to be all Thunder.
    Go Kings Go!

forzuto13

I've cashed plenty of 1Q Clipps plays. I'll give ya that one and it seems like a decent bet. But OKL to finish 'em off in the end...

top310
    top310's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2518

Like Clipps first half +3

Kav
    Kav's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

dont see how clips win, but then its the nba you never know...

other then that i gota thunders -5 lol

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    LAC 1Q +2 (-113) x2

You mentioned you cap game before, what line did you get for this one?

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post

You mentioned you cap game before, what line did you get for this one?
    This game came out as Thunder -7 / 199.5 for me. It's not a great spot for them and thus no play for me, but I still expect them to play their game and not mail it in. The Clippers are really good at falling apart in the second half, and if the Thunder decide to impose their will on LA, the Clips have no chance of stopping them. I would be surprised if the Clippers line gets beaten back down to 4.5 by late movement here.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 04-02-11 at 08:20 PM.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

The 2nd half for the Thunder has been dreadful

nmodi
    nmodi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4413

i had okc -1 in 2H ....they r killing me

BigDeem5

Usually the clippers fade, but I thought the bucks would fade too and was on the 76ers. Both great 1Hs and shitty 2Hs

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

anyone know why the FT got waved off?

Paddee
    Paddee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

FFS, that last call was a ******* joke.

BigDeem5

Where are you guys streaming this one?

Kav
    Kav's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

wow thunders totally shit the bed second half... SMH!

BigDeem5

Well, Westbrook is 1/12. Thank you Russell

demens
    Square -910

Wow, Thunder were horrible in the 2nd half. Durrant being pushed around by Foye is ridiculous, this guy is suppose to be a top 5 player in the league, guarded by a guy 6 inches shorter then him that isn't even know to be a good defender.

dude_bg

what can i say................
    4.5 units loss
    really tough feeling

bowers1989
    bowers1989's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 436

thanks sixers,mavs and thunder. making books some serious money today. **** you

shermanator
    shermanator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2973

first mavericks and now thunder. Can't even beat the freaking clippers

12 Last