sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

THUNDER is the play tomorrow.

Thunder -1.5 -125 LOCKED (x3)

I am rolling with OKC playing against the Suns in Phoenix tomorrow. OKC has been rolling as of late winning 9 of their last ten games. Only loss was by 2 points. Phoenix on the other hand has been faltering going 3-7 their last ten games.

The Suns have been horrible their last 28 games. They are 13-15 and listen to the teams they were able to beat. LAC, GS three times, HOU, MIL, NJ, IND, TOR, UTAH two times, Milwaukee and ATL. All of those wins have something in common. They beat teams that are not making the playoffs and are below .500 teams. The only win against a playoff team up there was ATL and I don't think many teams in the NBA are playing as badly as the Hawks are play, they are really garbage. Every time PHX plays a playoff team recenly they lose. They lost to DAL, NO, LAL, ORL, DEN, BOS, DAL, OKC. Even in their wins against crappy teams, they don't really look so hot. They beat NJ by 1 point in OT. They beat INDY by 2 poitns in OT. They beat Utah by 1 point and didn't cover. When they beat Houston, it was a close game and they didn't cover. They haven't beaten any team +10 games above .500 like OKC in months.

The Suns own coach is calling their playoff chances "a miracle".
    "At the end of the day we've put ourselves in a position where we're not mathematically eliminated but it would take a miracle for us to make the playoffs." Gentry said.

Gortat said pretty much the same thing after the Dallas loss.
    "After this game, I don't think we're going to be talking about playoffs this year anymore," he said.

Gentry already said he's not going to play Hill and Nash a lot of minutes anymore now that the year is over.Gentry said he has discussed the situation with Nash and 38-year-old Grant Hill, and both want to keep playing.

"But I won't play them long stretches," Gentry said. "Those guys have given everything. I know they're dedicated and they want to keep playing. But I don't think it would make sense to play those guys 35-38 minutes a game if we're mathematically eliminated."

This team has given up. They had a chance to make the playoffs but lost in triple OT to LAL, lost to N.O who was on b2b from high altitude Utah and without David West, then they led all game vs Dallas and still easily lost by 8. Steve Nash has already summed up the season as a "big disappointment" with 10 games left to play. Gentry has said he will be switching the lineups and rotations which will killl all chemistry. OKC is getting ready for the playoffs so they are going to play a tight rotation.

OKC on the other hand is right in the playoff run and rolling. They are playing as well as ever. They also matchup great with Phoenix. Gortat has been Phoenix best player as of late and they got Perkins to stick him. Westbrook will run circles around Nash. Hill and Dudley have no shot of stopping Kevin Durant. Sefolosha should limit Hill from scoring, he's an underrated defender. Ibaka is long and athletic enough to guard Frye at the 3 point line. OKC has a nice bench with Dequan Cook, Harden and Maynor providing an offensive spark. They also have two decent bigs of the bench with Mohammed and Collison. OKC should dominate on the inside and Phoenix will have to shoot themselves to a win which will be tough because Phoenix will be on back to back and they have been shooting well at all.

Offensively OKC is better in almost every category. PPG is about equal. OKC has a +4 point scoring margin. They are better on the fast break, better on the offensive glass, better on defensive rebounds, shoot more FT's, turn the ball over less and get more points in the paint. The only stat PHX has a slight edge is assists which is partly because they don't have a star like Durant and Russ who don't need to be passed to score. Defensively OKC is better in almost every category as well. They score more, shoot a better %, get more offensive rebounds, more defensive rebounds, block more shots, get more steals. Only category PHX has an edge is points in the paint and it's only a 1 point advantage (45-44).

Trends and stat wise I like this game as well.
    Phoneix is 13-22 (37%) SU vs teams with a winning record.
    Suns are 15-22 (40%) ATS at home, 1-4 (20%) ATS as homedogs of 0-3.
    Phoenix is 9-18 (33%) ATS in revenge games.
    Last edited by sweetjones55; 03-29-11 at 05:56 PM.

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

You made my boy Anthony picked early too.

Good job.

I have to see how suns play tonight and how okc performs to get a better visual. I will also have your wording in my mind to play this if the value is good enough for my calculation.

Thanks for that nice write up as always Jones.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

got thunder -3 (-102), and Mavs -4.5 (-110)

then it went offline..

what u think the lines will close at?

sweetjones55

Even if Phoenix wins tonight. Does a win vs Sacramento as a 2 point favorite mean anything? They would have to blow this team out for it to be signficant in my mind.

sweetjones55

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    got thunder -3 (-102), and Mavs -4.5 (-110)

then it went offline..

what u think the lines will close at?
    If Suns lose today and Thunder win, then I think that line will close at -4.5. Not sure about Dallas. That's a big lookahead game for Dallas to LAL. Mavs players have been talking about wanting to make a statement vs LAL. LAC may cover that 5.

NBA_Brosuf

Quote Originally Posted by sweetjones55 View Post
    Even if Phoenix wins tonight. Does a win vs Sacramento as a 2 point favorite mean anything? They would have to blow this team out for it to be signficant in my mind.
    Or maybe gsw will blow OKC out and OKC gets injure players and what not.

What will the spread be for OKC again?

NBA_Brosuf

If Suns are benching their star players with this quote being presented by jones here

""But I won't play them long stretches," Gentry said. "Those guys have given everything. I know they're dedicated and they want to keep playing. But I don't think it would make sense to play those guys 35-38 minutes a game if we're mathematically eliminated.""

then I think it is better to buy OKC now when the spread is low. Buy low and cash high.

Thanks for the insider information jones.

Tennispro
    Tennispro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Dont know about OKC tomorrow they are stuck as the 4th seed so dont see alot of motivation, like Dallas much more they need to win these 2 games in LA so they will be fully motivated and they are winning a high % of there games 5+ points gl.

jonorussell
    jonorussell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

I like this play but I have to ask why is it Locked in before they play today's game?

What if Durant has a bad injury today?

nbarlotta3
    nbarlotta3's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Suns have played the Thunder tough in their last couple of games.

NBA_Brosuf

Quote Originally Posted by nbarlotta3 View Post
    The Suns have played the Thunder tough in their last couple of games.
    That is with Hill and nash.

Without hill and nash, from tough to geeky square head kid.

sweetjones55

Quote Originally Posted by jonorussell View Post
    I like this play but I have to ask why is it Locked in before they play today's game?

What if Durant has a bad injury today?
    Because it can go both ways. What if Gortat and Nash both get badly hurt today? Crazy thing is OKC without Durant could beat PHX anyways. They beat Boston without Durant.

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

I may wait to lock in until after tonight's game but thanks for the play and good luck

StanleySharp
    StanleySharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Because it can go both ways. What if Gortat and Nash both get badly hurt today? Crazy thing is OKC without Durant could beat PHX anyways. They beat Boston without Durant.
    Agreed. OKC doesn't need Durant to win on the road in Phoenix.

That guy Russell Westbrook, yeah I heard he's pretty good.

clamchowder
    clamchowder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 564

my book doesn't have the line yet...

BL
    BL's Avatar Become A Pro!

SJ your pm box is full so I cannot respond. I am still working on a essay right now and will have a closer look later and let u know my thoughts. until then... clear ur pm box ;-)

jonorussell
    jonorussell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Fair point. BOL on the play.

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

up to -3 already

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

sj any feelings on portland at
    New Orleans, i can see portland taking
    care of business in the big easy

cowboyfan08
    cowboyfan08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

on it!all in!

wilfor1
    wilfor1's Avatar Become A Pro!

-1.5 never existed. The line opened at -3 that is why people can't get it at "-1.5"

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4943

Quote Originally Posted by wilfor1 View Post
    -1.5 never existed. The line opened at -3 that is why people can't get it at "-1.5"
    He probably bought a point, that's why it was -125. I think he mentioned playing at BM, and there according to SBROdds page, it opened at -2.5.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Where in gods earth did u get this line?

top310
    top310's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2518

Aint nobody gonna get that line

Good luck anyways

Broken-Ear Glen
    Broken-Ear Glen's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm all in like there's no tomorrow

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I don't have a personal opinion on the side, but the total is interesting. In three previous meetings, these two teams have scored 223, 218 and 240 (OT). Yet it's only 212 (relatively consistent with the other totals between these teams)? Under might be a play here. Wonder how these two stack up on O/U in back to back situations. I know that other than tonight (which was saved by OT), unders have been cashing like crazy in Thunder games lately.

NBA_Brosuf

I went in with sj and friends early without doing my calculation but with calculation, it shows here that Suns might end up beating OKC by 7 points.

The thing about a team not making the playoff is this and put yourself in their shoes. The season is over and you still have games to perform. A win is useless to you so what are you really playing for? Articles be saying that the coach of Suns wanted to bench hill and nash but these two guys wanted to play. Why?

Well logic only dictates that if you are not playing for a win, you are playing for stats, personal stats and this is the only reason why I think they are playing to keep things competitive.

Old man Nash, are you playing for cookie points? LOL

Inspirited
    Inspirited's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17864

like this pick here.

KingDave101
    KingDave101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Brosuf View Post
    I went in with sj and friends early without doing my calculation but with calculation, it shows here that Suns might end up beating OKC by 7 points.

The thing about a team not making the playoff is this and put yourself in their shoes. The season is over and you still have games to perform. A win is useless to you so what are you really playing for? Articles be saying that the coach of Suns wanted to bench hill and nash but these two guys wanted to play. Why?

Well logic only dictates that if you are not playing for a win, you are playing for stats, personal stats and this is the only reason why I think they are playing to keep things competitive.

Old man Nash, are you playing for cookie points? LOL
    Is it that hard to believe that the two-time MVP and the three time sportsman of the year just enjoy playing the game? Both these guys will be playing the game until their bodies will no longer let them, I hardly think they are just trying to pad stats.

kobstopa
    kobstopa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3520

ya, I think it's gone for the sun, even frye went 2-9 from 3's today. He usually hit at least 1-3 in the last sec. You can tell their confident is rock bottom now.

Will parlay OKC ML.

NBA_Brosuf

Not to mention, didn't coach bench lopez and vince carter?

OKC for the win.

Bswitz32
    Update your status
    Bswitz32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

I like OKC again as well. They looked solid tonight although they let the warriors come back they have an edge on players.

Suns look old...thats how they play....i look for them to be tired tomr

BOL

sweetjones55

Wow, listen to what Gentry said about this own team after last nights loss to Sacramento despite leading by 10 points in the 4th quarter.

"You have to play your way into the playoffs," coach Alvin Gentry said. "Right now, the way we're playing we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. All the teams we are chasing are really good. And we are not."

portnoy65
    borat
    portnoy65's Avatar Become A Pro!

OKC is play for me!!! Good Luck!!

sweetjones55

Good to see Pinnacle make the move to OKC -3.5 now as well. Already OKC has moved a full point from -2.5 to -3.5 everywhere.

12 Last