EastOakland
    EastOakland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

Phoenix Suns Vs Sacramento Kings +1

I like sacramento a lot in this position. They are playing together really good, they are young and dont care if their record is garbage, they play hard. Sac beat the suns a couple times this year. Everyone is healthy and hopefully Evans will have a big game. I like over aswell, depending on who refs the game. Should be fairly close game. Suns play no defense and are in a mini slump.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

I might not have time to research any of the games tomorrow but this is one i'm interested in. I sort of dig that Kings team now. Marcus Thornton has really surprised me since the trade. I thought he was just an inconsistent bench scumbag JR Smith wanna be. But he has been shooting great for way longer then a typical hot streak should less. I've always liked Couso, people love to hate him, i got a soft spot for guys like that. Now Evans back gives them even more depth, they got plenty of size. I mean, going into the season people were saying that this is a pretty damn talented team. They might be showing it now.

dude_bg
    dude_bg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Demens, you do good good writeups, so what's your take on the under of this game
    i guess dudley and gortat will start again and defence will be way better. Problem is suns were stone cold from downtown and this one doesn't continue for long.
    I am having troubles deciding how motivation affects game- on one hand no motivation is no defence but on the other hand it is also not scoring

EastOakland

Suns play horrible defense. Kings at home is the play. That line is set at +1 for a reason. I would think it should be +3 at least. Kings win this game. Thorton is hot.

forzuto13
    forzuto13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Funny but I was leaning Phoenix when I first saw the line. Like the under too. Opposite of what everybody else is thinking on here I guess. I think Sac showed their stuff on the road probably will choke back at home against a team that is better and is still fighting. If Phoenix can hit their three balls then Sac will go down.

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Squares will bet over. I'm that square who sees a slight lean on the over. Not enough for me to bet on it though but a slight lean is better than a coin toss.

SportsTerminator
    SportsTerminator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 810

Kings tend to blow it at home. They have a better chance of winning on the road, upset. Suns win here. Suns are hungry for a win and are fighting for a playoff spot which they won't get...

dude_bg

suns post-game interviews showed that they consider their playoff chances non-existent.
    They do have very tough games coming so they know playoffs are not happening
    nash is banged up and i think he can get his rest late in the game

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Yeah, Suns are pretty much done. That loss to the Mavs was pretty much the final nail in the coffin.

Maybe take Kings 1H and go from there?

SMyC23
    SMyC23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 778

I like the suns here because they are deep...they are a talented when hot thier due for a win

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EastOakland View Post
    I like sacramento a lot in this position. They are playing together really good, they are young and dont care if their record is garbage, they play hard. Sac beat the suns a couple times this year. Everyone is healthy and hopefully Evans will have a big game. I like over aswell, depending on who refs the game. Should be fairly close game. Suns play no defense and are in a mini slump.
    Quote Originally Posted by EastOakland View Post
    Suns play horrible defense. Kings at home is the play. That line is set at +1 for a reason. I would think it should be +3 at least. Kings win this game. Thorton is hot.

They've proven repeatedly that they can play defense when they want to. Given the choice, it's not their primary gameplan though. They want to run & gun and live by Lawler's Law. However there's a distinct difference between the Suns and a team that truly plays terrible defense.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

This game could very well end up in the 190's. I wouldn't bet the total, because the Kings are like the Warriors in that you never know when their games are going to be 120-115 or 95-90.

SMyC23
    SMyC23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 778

Suns

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post

They've proven repeatedly that they can play defense when they want to. Given the choice, it's not their primary gameplan though. They want to run & gun and live by Lawler's Law. However there's a distinct difference between the Suns and a team that truly plays terrible defense.

They just held dallas to 91 and should have beat the Lakers in OT thier a talented team and Gortats playing great

dude_bg

the total moving down to 214
    not sure what to do, wait for news on nash playing time or jump on it now

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by SMyC23 View Post
    They just held dallas to 91 and should have beat the Lakers in OT thier a talented team and Gortats playing great
    You have to wonder what their motivation will be tomorrow though coming off that deflating loss to Dallas.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

when I capped it I got suns -2.5. I wouldn't bet on this with your money, but gun to my head I would take the suns.
    Last edited by FindTheLock; 03-29-11 at 01:34 AM.

dude_bg

f*ck it went for the under 215, gluck
    i can see many ways this might hit- nash with 25 mins or even sit out
    dudley and gortat defence is better. Vince is frustrated. No motivation to run for the win, one of those should be enough i hope
    it takes just one 40-45 pt quarter and i think i hit it

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Kings ML -- they are tearing sh*t up right now, just got off a great road trip and now are at home

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Quote Originally Posted by BookiesBernanke View Post
    Kings ML -- they are tearing sh*t up right now, just got off a great road trip and now are at home
    Kings are 5-5 in their L10. Don't wet yourself

suicidekings
    Update your status

I just don't buy that after a 4-1 roadtrip I should be putting money on the Kings' strong play to continue rather than revert to the mean. Increased respect for the Kings in the line, Suns playoff hopes largely gone, etc. None of this really means much to me. If anything the Suns are frustrated and will be motivated to take it out on the Kings. I'm going to sit on it all day and see what happens with the line. Likely a no play...

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    Kings are 5-5 in their L10. Don't wet yourself
    Kings are 4-1 on a roadtrip and I have a Kings Cheerleaders calendar so I already nutted

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Suns by 10 points , Kings were lucky last few games .

ThingsFallApart
    ThingsFallApart's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by aceking View Post
    Not quite sure how a team can be lucky for 48 minutes on the road for 4 out of 5 games but whatever floats your boat.

asjulian
    asjulian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

public on the suns yet line moved from -2 to -1... i think sac is the play

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by aceking View Post
    Not lucky. Playing above their expected level though for sure. You have to remember, the Suns played well against Dallas. The 8 point win only came about from extremely clutch shooting from Jason Kidd in the final minute. We're not discussing a huge mismatch here, but rather a streaking team in the Kings with a bad overall record having enough resilience to continue their winning ways at home after their most successful roadtrip of the season. I feel like thats a sketchy proposition...

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Suns win.

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not lucky. Playing above their expected level though for sure. You have to remember, the Suns played well against Dallas. The 8 point win only came about from extremely clutch shooting from Jason Kidd in the final minute. We're not discussing a huge mismatch here, but rather a streaking team in the Kings with a bad overall record having enough resilience to continue their winning ways at home after their most successful roadtrip of the season. I feel like thats a sketchy proposition...

The suns always play well agaisnt Dallas.

forzuto13
    forzuto13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Line hasn't moved and so this game could be a close one and if it seems too hard to handicap then it is. I'd stay away or lean Suns. PHX games have been coming in UNDER a lot (except for all those OT games) lately since they retooled their defensive game. Gortat is still a beast with his busted nose and you got Tyreke back tonight it seems for the Kings, who actually seems to have hindered the SAC games lately instead of help.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Booked Suns @ PHX ML (-106) x3 at Pinny

The line just jumped to -117 10 minutes later, but we'll see how it works out. It'll probably continue to fluctuate throughout the day. I like the Suns tonight though. I think Sac is in a bad spot and the Suns will come to play tonight.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Booked Suns @ PHX ML (-106) x3 at Pinny

The line just jumped to -117 10 minutes later, but we'll see how it works out. It'll probably continue to fluctuate throughout the day. I like the Suns tonight though. I think Sac is in a bad spot and the Suns will come to play tonight.
    How is Sac in a bad spot?

EastOakland

They both have nothing to play for so they are in the same spot except sac is at home and on fire. Overall Sacramento sucks but they play suns well

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Something to keep in mind...

http://arizona.sbnation.com/phoenix-...cramento-kings

"At this point in the season with 10 games left on the schedule and two teams that aren't going to be in the playoffs, minds and attention should be turning towards the future. That is one reason why Alvin Gentry made a change to his starting lineup. He wanted to "take a look at" the team with Jared Dudley and Marcin Gortat in place of Robin Lopez and Vince Carter. Carter will almost certainly never wear a Suns uniform again after this season and many feel Lopez will be traded. The future is now."

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by CHAZ View Post
    Something to keep in mind...

http://arizona.sbnation.com/phoenix-...cramento-kings

"At this point in the season with 10 games left on the schedule and two teams that aren't going to be in the playoffs, minds and attention should be turning towards the future. That is one reason why Alvin Gentry made a change to his starting lineup. He wanted to "take a look at" the team with Jared Dudley and Marcin Gortat in place of Robin Lopez and Vince Carter. Carter will almost certainly never wear a Suns uniform again after this season and many feel Lopez will be traded. The future is now."
    This is a SUBSTANTIAL upgrade for the Suns. Dudley and Gortat have both been playing extremely well and deserve the starting positions.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

They have alot more to play for then Carter and Lopez too.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    How is Sac in a bad spot?
    A 4-1 road trip is not business as usual for the Kings... Let's be honest here. The roadtrip included wins over the Wolves (Kevin Love injured during the game), Pacers, and Bucks and a loss to the Bulls, with their last game being a quality win over the Sixers. The Kings played well (Thornton in particular), but the quality of their opponents was not high. Following that success they're coming home for one day to play a Suns team that just upgraded their starting roster before going to Denver on a B2B. The Kings are in a prime spot for a letdown while the Suns are going to be playing hard, wanting to finish the season strong and the individual players (Gortat/Dudley/Brooks) working to prove themselves in these last few games to the Suns management.

I'm not encouraging anyone to follow me. I just don't think the Kings will win tonight.

1234 Last