brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Chicago - 10, Orlando - 1

any thoughts on these 2 lines?

the Orlando game is a slam dunk if not for the injury of jameer nelson. I dunno how they're gonna replace his production (if he doesn't play)

the Bulls line looks ok as the sixers have really struggled recently and traditionally struggle in Chicago, but the bulls haven't really played inspired basketball last 2 games either

overall though, these are prolly the surest plays of the day for sure
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 03-27-11 at 11:36 PM.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I'm just wondering....why not Philly/bulls under? I mean, both teams are known for defense right? Aren't philly fans touting their much-improved defense...?

brahmabull117

5 of the last 6 bulls games have gone over and 3 of the last 3 philly games have gone over

betting totals is bullsh!t anyways

chantrain

maybe so, maybe so...

-10 is a lot, i dunno...not too confident with this one.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
    maybe so, maybe so...

-10 is a lot, i dunno...not too confident with this one.

if the bulls come out and play inspired basketball, they will win by 30

that's the only variable in the equation

chantrain

sixers cna easily get up to play the Bulls tho, teams have been doing it all season. look at the pacers

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Should be a great game. Matchup of the 2 coaches leading the race for Coach of the Year, with the 2 most impressive team turnarounds over last year.

I'm leaning Phi +10 and the under. I think Thibs is going to start focusing even more on playing elite D to prep for the playoffs, and I think Philly's talent keeps them within double digits. Thinking 85-80 type game

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Should be a great game. Matchup of the 2 coaches leading the race for Coach of the Year, with the 2 most impressive team turnarounds over last year.

I'm leaning Phi +10 and the under. I think Thibs is going to start focusing even more on playing elite D to prep for the playoffs, and I think Philly's talent keeps them within double digits. Thinking 85-80 type game
    Agreed. I like U192. 101-91 is too much here. More like 95-85.

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

I know how knicks sux but I'm seeing a slight lean on them knicks at madison square picker garden.

IT is a toss up game actually. I'm not playing pick the winner but I'm playing on the under.

Small lean on 76ers plus the point but not enough for me to bet on it. I'm playing the over on this one.

lolbear
    lolbear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10321

both are my leans, orl def worth it IMO, orl sucks on the road but a slumping team like the knicks i think you keep betting agianst them until told otherwise.

ohnevah
    It's the take over!!!
    ohnevah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 329

i like orlando here....new york lost there swag...

dude_bg
    dude_bg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

reddick is out and q-rich too
    so no bench and if nelson is out then it is not good

EastOakland
    EastOakland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

i like over in orlando knicks game.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Vegas is taking a piss out of people with some of these lines. (Did i get that right> I'm nor British). Just praying on the public darling teams. As great as the Bulls have played and i give them all the credit in the world, -10 vs the Sixers is a joke. There is not 1 case this season where an elite team is favored by that much against a legit 500+ team like the Sixers. Not the Celtics, not the Heat, not the Spurs, not even the Lakers. In the rare 6 (or whatever it is) games that had that line it was either very early in the year (like the Warriors for example) or an injured star was out (like Paul and Dirk) or post trade (like the Jazz). Well, 1 case vs Heat vs Hornets but that was early in the season before people really took Hornets that serious.

Sixers on the other hand have been a covering machine all year, and while they did face a line like this on a rare occasion, just 3 times, they covered twice. lines in that range 8 or worse they are 5-2 ATS. That includes a recent loss in Miami where they had the lead in the 4th but blew the game. Coming off a bad home loss to the Kings too, i'd expect them to play Chicago as tough as they can.

Bulls, as dominant as they are just had trouble beating Memphis at home and Memphis is a very comparable team to Philly.

Bulls beat them by 50 this season already, so yeah they can have a night like that. But value wise the Sixers look like a rock solid play.

jacer333
    jacer333's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great write-up demens, my thoughts exactly...I'll be on Philly tomorrow

Bswitz32
    Update your status
    Bswitz32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

Im leaning PHI/CHI UNder

10 points might seem easy for Chi to cover in their current state of play but the sixers are a team that finds a way to mess things up

UN it is

BOL

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7846

10 seems like a lot for chicago to cover here and orlando -1 is a bit fishy. this is a tough time to play the league though. good luck.

bowers1989
    bowers1989's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 436

why is it only -1 for the magic? vegas still in love with melo???

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by Bswitz32 View Post
    Im leaning PHI/CHI UNder

10 points might seem easy for Chi to cover in their current state of play but the sixers are a team that finds a way to mess things up

UN it is

BOL
    Thats what Vegas is counting on imo. Bulls are absolutely capable of winning by 10 or more they beat the Sixers by 50 and beat other teams by 40 and 30 recently. But they dont win every game by that much, not against quality opponents like Philly. Bulls have been arguably the best team in the league recently, the best team at home, and the best ATS team. Its hard to bet against that but it explains a lot when it comes to this line. Its inflated as hell.

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by bowers1989 View Post
    why is it only -1 for the magic? vegas still in love with melo???
    Vegas is fading Glibert Arenas. I'd say its a smart move.

Knicks dont deserve your money either though. Forget this game.

Qtip
    Qtip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

Word Demens. Not sure if I'm going to play it though, and definitely staying away from the NY game. I'm assuming agent 0 gonna be getting the start? I don't have a lot of faith in Arenas, seems like a good spot to take NY which goes against all my betting principles, so no bet for me.

dude_bg
    dude_bg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

gilbert arenas has been practicing with the first team, meaning he will start tonight most probably

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like the over in chicago, not sure on a side yet 10 points is alot to give philly. Also as bad as the knicks have been i really think they will win against orlando tomorrow but i wont play it as im a knicks fan.

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

sharp lines on both games, philly played today & will get blown out at chicago half the time

congrats op, you quit betting totals & chose to bet into 2 sharpest lines on the board

whatever scraps you have for a br will soon be gone

shawnjohn5
    Always looking for a local!
    shawnjohn5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    Vegas is fading Glibert Arenas. I'd say its a smart move. Knicks dont deserve your money either though. Forget this game.
    I think Vegas is going to clean house with most of you seeming to think that losing jameer is that big of a deal for a magic team that has and will continue to dominate the knicks. Gilbert Arenas starting is a slight downgrade to the inconsistent Jameer Nelson, not too mention this is the exact reason they got gilbert, and this is the exact situation gilbert thrives in. Count him out and you'll get burned, i'm all over this game Orlando by double digits....

flyer1179
    flyer1179's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 291

Easiest two plays in these games IMO are CHI/PHI over and Orlando TT over. Like ORL -1 as well, but not as much. BOL in whatever you play!

dabomguy11
    dabomguy11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

I like CHI -10 because PHI just came off a tough OT loss and is going on the road. Chicago squeaked one out against Milwaukee on Saturday, and I think they'll play much better against a drained Philly team tomorrow.

yassen28
    yassen28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15848

Chicago will loose .

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by yassen28 View Post
    Chicago will loose .
    You forgot to say by the spread right?

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    any thoughts on these 2 lines?

the Orlando game is a slam dunk if not for the injury of jameer nelson. I dunno how they're gonna replace his production (if he doesn't play)
    this.

I can't believe the Magic -1, considering Knicks look like trash right now, and even when they're good, Magic -1 would be a good spread.

It's too good... like a trap!

Oh well, I'm taking the bait, going BIG on Magic tomorrow. NOBODY POUND THE LINE TILL I DO!!!

Changed my mind... cancelling the bet. Read the rest of the thread to find out why.
    Last edited by Avenger; 03-28-11 at 04:00 PM. Reason: ARENAS SUCKS! No really, he really sucks

Avenger

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    Vegas is fading Glibert Arenas. I'd say its a smart move. Knicks dont deserve your money either though. Forget this game.
    How is Arenas a big part of Magic? If he's cold, he's easily replaceable with Reddick or Anderson. OR they can keep him on the weaker side and pass the ball to Nelson.

Eh... not buying it... what's the REAL reason Vegas is fading?

Nevermind... didn't realize that Arenas is a PG and that Reddick is out.

What I meant by "replaceable" is the loss of perimeter shooting and spreading the floor if Arenas started, which I felt other Magic players could make up. BUT since he's a PG, this bet gets trickier.

I'm still taking Magic because if Arenas is as bad as everyone says he is, they still have Duhon, who put up decent numbers last game. And I don't think people give enough credit to Bass and Howard in the paint. So... yes, Magic will lose a major part of their offensive arsenal if Arenas sucks, but they'll make up for it.
    Last edited by Avenger; 03-28-11 at 02:41 PM. Reason: correction for talking out of my ass

shawnjohn5
    Always looking for a local!
    shawnjohn5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    How is Arenas a big part of Magic? If he's cold, he's easily replaceable with Reddick or Anderson. OR they can keep him on the weaker side and pass the ball to Nelson. Eh... not buying it... what's the REAL reason Vegas is fading?
    Avenger, before you start laying the hammer on teams, please KNOW who is playing and who is not, Jameer MIGHT not play, and Redick is OUT. So yes Gilbert WILL be a big part of them winning or losing tomorrow. I do still think Orlando rolls, and I'm putting my money where my mouth is already hit Orlando, and if i were you i'd do it ASAP, this line should be more like 6, not 1, even if Jameer doesn't play, Howard will get his 30-15, Amare will get his 20 points and 5 boards, and the paint dominance will be too much for NY to over come. Orlando tomorrow, is the play of the day.

Avenger

Just placed Magic at Pk at DSI... BOL everyone!

Avenger

sorry, just realized that Arenas is a PG. thought he was a back up SG, so yeah, if he started, it would affect the game, but it seems that Duhon will start tomorrow, not Arenas.

And Reddick shoots from the perimeter at times.... that's what I meant by replacable... not making a generalization about white guys and shooting.

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

The Knicks seem to go on these losing streaks and play horrible and then beat a team they have no business beating
    Stern also hates Van Gundy and I am pretty sure has tried to have him killed on a number of occassions so expect 8 versus 5 in the Garden for the Knicks

Knicks ML

As a side note - I bet against NY every chance I get but these games that they have no business winning I usually dont touch (like the Miami game a few weeks ago). I like this game because I dont like Van Gundy waltzing into Sterns backyard and beating his team - not saying its rigged or anything like that

12 Last