brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by shawnjohn5 View Post
    I think Vegas is going to clean house with most of you seeming to think that losing jameer is that big of a deal for a magic team that has and will continue to dominate the knicks. Gilbert Arenas starting is a slight downgrade to the inconsistent Jameer Nelson, not too mention this is the exact reason they got gilbert, and this is the exact situation gilbert thrives in. Count him out and you'll get burned, i'm all over this game Orlando by double digits....

gilbert is a slight downgrade??

dude arenas has been absolutely god awful this year and especially with Orlando (where he's shooting 25% from the field)

he's a HUGE downgrade

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    Vegas is taking a piss out of people with some of these lines. (Did i get that right> I'm nor British). Just praying on the public darling teams. As great as the Bulls have played and i give them all the credit in the world, -10 vs the Sixers is a joke. There is not 1 case this season where an elite team is favored by that much against a legit 500+ team like the Sixers. Not the Celtics, not the Heat, not the Spurs, not even the Lakers. In the rare 6 (or whatever it is) games that had that line it was either very early in the year (like the Warriors for example) or an injured star was out (like Paul and Dirk) or post trade (like the Jazz). Well, 1 case vs Heat vs Hornets but that was early in the season before people really took Hornets that serious.

Sixers on the other hand have been a covering machine all year, and while they did face a line like this on a rare occasion, just 3 times, they covered twice. lines in that range 8 or worse they are 5-2 ATS. That includes a recent loss in Miami where they had the lead in the 4th but blew the game. Coming off a bad home loss to the Kings too, i'd expect them to play Chicago as tough as they can.

Bulls, as dominant as they are just had trouble beating Memphis at home and Memphis is a very comparable team to Philly.

Bulls beat them by 50 this season already, so yeah they can have a night like that. But value wise the Sixers look like a rock solid play.

I'm inclined to agree with a lot of this BUT

sixers have lost 3 in a row and they just lost a demoralizing and draining overtime game to a bad Sacramento team

I think bulls will take it by 20-30

MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Bulls can cover 10 pts, but I wouldnt bet it personally.

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Sixers have been bouncing back from adversity and bad losses all year, so if I had to go with a side it would be Philly. Best of luck!

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsbetting123 View Post
    Sixers have been bouncing back from adversity and bad losses all year, so if I had to go with a side it would be Philly. Best of luck!

this line is REALLY sharp so I'm probably not gonna play it

with that being said, close nasty losses very often lead to blowout losses because of the demoralizing effect (especially if its a back to back, look at what happened with San Antonio and the Heat in San Antonio)

I think bulls win easily, but I won't play this one

spiderdrinks
    spiderdrinks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

[COLOR=#000000 !important]The total has gone under in 11 of the last 13 games they have played against each other. The total has gone over in 6 of 7 of philly's last games and the same for chicago with 5-5 going over. I simply dont see this continuing. The game goes under.[/COLOR]

spiderdrinks
    spiderdrinks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Easiest two plays in these games IMO are CHI/PHI over and Orlando TT over. Like ORL -1 as well, but not as much. BOL in whatever you play![/quote]

[COLOR=#000000 !important]The total has gone under in 11 of the last 13 games they have played against each other. The total has gone over in 6 of 7 of philly's last games and the same for chicago with 5-5 going over. I simply dont see this continuing. The game goes under.[/COLOR]

bowers1989
    bowers1989's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 436

hopefully the knicks lose. Gl magic.

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

Staying of of both these games. Sharp lines & I'd would be tossing coins. BOL with your plays.

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

STRAIGHT BET Mar 28 NBA [738] CHICAGO -10-110
    STRAIGHT BET Mar 28 NHL [4] ANAHEIM -1½+120

saints1856
    saints1856's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4707

I have the Sixers +18 in a 3 team teaser.... If they lose by that much, they shouldn't be allowed in the playoffs

pokerpro44
    Update your status
    pokerpro44's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 726

bulls and under for me.gl.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Arenas is shit and on that Basis alone im betting 200 betpoints on the Knicks.

bowers1989
    bowers1989's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 436

Quote Originally Posted by saints1856 View Post
    I have the Sixers +18 in a 3 team teaser.... If they lose by that much, they shouldn't be allowed in the playoffs
    they wont lose by that much maybe half of that but not 18

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Im gonna wait on definitive news on J. Nelson before i bet though

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    How is Arenas a big part of Magic? If he's cold, he's easily replaceable with Reddick or Anderson. OR they can keep him on the weaker side and pass the ball to Nelson.

Eh... not buying it... what's the REAL reason Vegas is fading?
    Do you know what sport you're talking about?

Reddick is injured and has been for a while. Anderson is a PF. Nelson is on the bench on the weaker side, k?

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

demens, I clarified myself later in the thread.

blinky88
    blinky88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure about Bulls

PorkyPig
    PorkyPig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

philly feels like a trap, don't you think?

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Canceling the Magic bet. The more I think about it, it's a BAD bet.

IF and I do mean IF Knicks come back in old form, with Amar'e and Melo as offensive arsenal firehouses, this line is very close... even erring in favor of Knicks. And who can predict when they'll come back? Both have the talent to score in the 20s against a weak Magic team.

And I looked at Arena's last game... OMG... how is he playing in the NBA? 1 out of 12 from the field? 0-5 from 3pt range? 2 assists?
    No wonder I didn't know he was a PG, what does he do? Definitely not assisting or making perimeter shots.

And VG has to let him play, it's politics, at least 1Q before he brings in Duhon (who is an x-factor). What kind of damage will the Knicks do in the 1Q that Arenas plays?

Eh... small bet on Magic at best, praying that Howard, Bass, Turkoglu will hold off the Knicks in the paint (which is very possible).
    Parlay Magic with under, just in case Knicks suck again.

But tread softly, at least wait till 2H before making any big bets.... there's lots of x-factors and "what ifs" in this game.
    Last edited by Avenger; 03-28-11 at 07:21 PM. Reason: English was not my best subject

First 12