fakeandthedrive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Dal-1

they'll get it

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

This shit is gonna be -3 by the time Bodog opens it in the morning.

Ambrucio
    Ambrucio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

How are playing Dallas after b2b? Anyone have stats?

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrucio View Post
    How are playing Dallas after b2b? Anyone have stats?
    One of the best in the league.

Going from high altitude to Phoenix who like to push the pace as well might be an issue though for an old team, but stat wise they are more then solid on b2bs.

Ambrucio

One thing what I dont like is that Utah is far as Phoenix.

demens
    Square -910

I dont know. Sometimes its easy to overthink the b2b angle. Yeah its far, yeah Mavs are old but they are also one of the best teams in the league (b2b or otherwise), they are pros, they are deep and they are simply better the Suns. They went through a phase where they only won 5 games in the last 10, and the loses were all VERY close to all to VERY good teams and they are acting like they are on a massive losing streak and talking about making a statement on this road trip. Suns have shown how bad they wanna make the play-offs by going 4-6 in their last 10 while all the teams that a serious about making a push in the West are winning, all their loses where to +500 teams too. Yeah the b2b may be a factor at the end of the day but Mavs are certainly worth a shot imo. Suns are not a play-off team, Mavs are in a battle with LA for home court in the 2nd round.

Ambrucio

Thank you demens, after your small write-up I decided to bet on Mavs.

albo gator
    albo gator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Phoenix is far from Salt Lake City? I figured that was a 2 hour flight max. That isn't too much with these modern jets. Heck each player probably has their own couch on a plane. Especially a Mark Cuban owned team. I am sure they travel in luxury. Oh maybe there was too much bubbly being drank on the plane.

dude_bg
    dude_bg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

gortat status? -will wear a tape, not mask?
    pietrus did not practice.

damn not sure what to do i want my suns to keep having a shot at playoffs, but seems mavs are the play
    Last edited by dude_bg; 03-27-11 at 01:21 AM. Reason: P.S found it

7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6678

vince carter is the worst player in the nba right now

Ambrucio

Probable, but with broken nose first match he will not be effectivy.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by albo gator View Post
    Phoenix is far from Salt Lake City? I figured that was a 2 hour flight max. That isn't too much with these modern jets. Heck each player probably has their own couch on a plane. Especially a Mark Cuban owned team. I am sure they travel in luxury. Oh maybe there was too much bubbly being drank on the plane.
    It's not the length of the flight, but rather the elevation change that's relevant.

lolbear
    lolbear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10321

mavs also master at covering ont he road

dude_bg

vince is crap indeed but gentry talks about roster changes so i think he is willing to give more minutes to dudley. i guess i will wait for more news. doubt the line will move much more down that quick

Mickael Pietrus (quad tendon strain) did not practice Saturday but Vince Carter returned after missing Friday's second half with a stomach virus. But Gentry focused on another wing, Jared Dudley, the team's top 3-pointer shooter at 40.8 percent after a 17-point game Friday.
    "Jared Dudley has played real well," Gentry said. "He's done a good job lately so we'll have to look at that situation and see what we want to do there."
    Gentry said he planned to decide by Sunday morning about the lineup, which starts Robin Lopez and Carter at those positions now. Lopez played four first-half minutes Friday, getting four fouls and a technical foul. Gentry did not bring him back while Channing Frye played the entire second half. Lopez has started 55 of his 56 appearances this season but averages 16.1 minutes.

Ambrucio

Phoenix might be without
    Marcin Gortat, who had 18
    points and 10 rebounds against
    the Hornets before leaving with
    a broken nose after he banged
    into Nash's back during the fourth quarter.

dude_bg

hmm interesting on http://www.scoresandodds.com/ the betting is listed as closed for suns, which might mean someone is out

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Why is Dallas not opening at least -2 or 3 here?

25-10 on the road, already own a 6-point win in Phoenix on Feb. 17 when they were -1.5....

Doesn't make sense that it opened as PK.

dude_bg

it makes, as suns will die out there for the playoff spot, they lose - they are out for sure. so i think this is why the PK

Smiley
    Smiley's Avatar Become A Pro!

gortat is probable for the game. but if he'll play. i might play small unit for dallas

carter has a flu but expected to play

bigALbones50
    bigALbones50's Avatar Become A Pro!

mavs are nasty this year, kinda an under da radar team no one is talking about, which i like

dude_bg

well i am starting to lean seriously on mavs
    - carter will play with flu- this limits his stamina
    -pietrus missed practice- he might be out, which is some additional defence/long range shooting that will be missed by Suns
    -gentry obviously stating his not happy with lopez - so robin might be disgrunted and underperforming
    -gortat will be feeling the paint and a bit hesitant

GTS925
    21-7 Run!
    GTS925's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the last time they met, DAL was also in a B2B and thet won straight up. Im not sure though. I think it was a Thurs since there were only 2 games on the board.

dude_bg

yep played @sacto but no starter played more than 28 mins

Ambrucio

Quote Originally Posted by GTS925 View Post
    I think the last time they met, DAL was also in a B2B and thet won straight up. Im not sure though. I think it was a Thurs since there were only 2 games on the board.
    Yes, before they played vs Sacramento.

dude_bg

game offline at pinnacle too, something is coming up soon

Ambrucio

Against UTAH Nowitzki played 30min, Terry 29, Kidd 33, Marion 34. Thats good to.

Last game when DAL played at PHX, DAL was without Barea and bad form Beabous, now they both are playing well and would be difficult to catch them for Nash and VC.

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Powerful mavs, top ranked and only give small spread to suns who is lurking in the dark for a spot?

All points to dallas or is it one of them games that are too good to be true? Too easy?

Here is something to consider. Suns has been putting up triple digits games in their last 5 straight. So to beat suns, you will have to put up your end of the share with 100+ points. Either do that or use defense to stop them suns from scoring triple figures and you will have a shot at taking them suns.

Suns had Saturday to rest but Dallas is a back to back game. Suns will be out for revenge because Dallas is 2-0 SU against them Suns.

Stats are favoring Dallas big time and lets see if the public would pound them mavs. I already bought and am riding on them Suns to win SU. Why? I don't know. I just do. LOL

GTS925
    21-7 Run!
    GTS925's Avatar Become A Pro!

So over is the play?

dude_bg

suns are averaging like 105 points allowed per game recently and Dallas has been shutting down team on defence.

I have a question, what's MAvs motivation to win this one- they play Lakers next
    i mean if they lose to Suns but beat LAkers will they be ahead of L.A?

covers shows some bookies move it to 1.5

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by dude_bg View Post
    suns are averaging like 105 points allowed per game recently and Dallas has been shutting down team on defence.

I have a question, what's MAvs motivation to win this one- they play Lakers next
    i mean if they lose to Suns but beat LAkers will they be ahead of L.A?

covers shows some bookies move it to 1.5
    Motivation is to win when you are only 1 game behind the next seed.

A win against suns will make the next game more exciting with Lakers and Mavs fighting for a seed.

A lost to suns will take the pressure off them Lakers and even if Mavs win lakers, they are still even? What is more practical and looks good on paper is this.

Mavs beat Suns then either beat lakers or lose to lakers, no problem
    Mavs lose to suns and lose to lakers, that's common
    Mavs lose to suns and win lakers, that don't make sense.

Maybe my math is off.

Qtip
    Qtip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

Mavs are 4-0 in their last 4 B2B games, one of which was @PHO(2/17/11) and they won by 6. Only problem is that the other 3 wins were vs Toronto, Sac, & GSW. The Mavs have struggled vs good teams B2B losing @CHI, @MEM, and @DEN.

Suns are 4 games back with 11 games to go. They are pretty much out of the play off picture especially with the 8th seed being Memphis, whose been playing great lately. Chances are they pack it up after the Mav's first run. Mavs will show up as their only chance to take out the Lakers would be getting the 2nd seed and home court.

-1 Seems like easy money, will prob take them to -3. Only thing that scares me is with Vince Carter having the Flu and Pietrus being out Brooks should get a lot more playing time. Brooks been playing like he has something to prove and he can score unlike that POS Carter who wastes possessions.

bureK
    OKCity
    bureK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

That means if Carter is playing thats good for us on Dallas He's a piece of $hit. And Gortat? I don't see a big game for him.. Chandler and Haywood are way too strong to shut him down. The only way I see Suns win are draining threes from Frye, Dudley, Brooks etc.. My local has Nash 15,5 points (took under) and also big on Mavs! GL to us

fakeandthedrive
    fakeandthedrive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

So who? dal-2 now.

squintz4
    squintz4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Mavs get it done here in a tight one. Great b2b team.

Numenor80
    Numenor80's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

I love Dallas tonight!! They win by 6!

12 Last