dwluv3333
    dwluv3333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Are there any strategies for betting over and unders?

IMO overs/unders are the hardest to bet on in the NBA. Bookies always seem to keep it right at the center. Are there any things you guys typically look for when betting these? Because it seems to me to be the most 50/50 out of any other bets you can make.

Thanks in advance.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Follow 70kgman for a while, he's been running very hot with o/u's. Also laker_crazy is good at totals too. Slowly you'll learn what to look for.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Look for unders ...nba hititng at almost 54%...last two years...follow line movement on pinny

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
    Look for unders ...nba hititng at almost 54%...last two years...follow line movement on pinny
    And crooked refs.

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

look at a game like toronto/gsw yesterday. I played the over, you have 2 teams that dont know what defense is. Games like this usually go over. Also look at 2 defensive teams playing eachother usually go under. Then sometimes you will have a matchup where one team is expected to blow out another team, in this case i would take the under because one team may score alot and the other not. But there are alot of other things that go into it. Sometimes if the first half goes over take the under for the second half. Things like this are situational to

iMxth3xbossx5000
    iMxth3xbossx5000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

I only play Over/Unders when a play is released by Tim Trushel in the Services section... he's outstanding at totals... OR I make a play on my own when a total really stands out as what most bettors would consider "to low" of a total or "to high" of a total... Today for instance, the Bucks/Bulls total stands at 178, an extremely low total.. Bettors typically take the over on these but when the total is this low I always take the under.... and when the Over is usually set at like 218-220+, I will take the over.. Bettors are reluctant to take such high totals believing these teams can't surpass that number, but they never fail.. Best bet would be to look for an Over on a Phoenix/GS game as both teams love the run and gun, or a Under between Milwaukee/Boston Celtics... two very defensive teams

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I'm not a pro, but this is what I do...

Look for young athletic teams that have good 3-pt shooter and bad defense, such as the Warriors. If they play another team like them, such as Timberwolves, expect a very high score because they'll attempt a lot of 3s and fastbreaks. The tempo will be very fast, a lot of plays, a lot of turnovers.

The opposite is a team like the Spurs (with Timmy D) and the Lakers. They're into defense and they run very scripted plays. They have older, slower players, so they slow the tempo so everyone gets to the other side of the court, expect more footwork and not as many turnovers and fast breaks. These should be low scoring games.

The best over/under plays are when the bookies make mistakes. If Timmy is out, like he was a few days ago, with no notice, the Spurs total sky rockets. They also messed up on the Thunders over (too high) because they didn't take into consideration Perkins, who has beefed up their D and has slowed the tempo of the game. They still give Thunder high overs, I don't know why, but taking Thunder under has been winning.

Kobstoppa gives great estimates on which teams should be giving over/under.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Under > Over