Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Why Are No ML Bets Available on BoDog?

Hey I'm pretty new to the whole sports betting thing. I woke up today and I am trying to bet on the ML rather than the spread, but right now they don't have an option to bet on the ML. Why is that? Do they not put that up until right before the games or something?

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Yea Bodog is really slow with their ML lines. Usually around 5pm EST I think? I don't use Bodog, so I'm not 100% on that

Covy
    Covy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1430

Used to be a big bodog player but I got impatient with waiting for MLs and the limited MLs that they offered.

I would recommend Bookmaker if you like playing MLs

Speedy88

Ok thanks guys.

megacoolid
    a WIN is a WIN
    megacoolid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

I was using bodog for a few years and never had a problem with payouts however they always put up MLs late or not at all and always juice up the lines higher then most books switched to 5dimes and have been very happy so far

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13389

Been using Bodog for a good 2 months I can tell you from my experience they don't offer too many money lines even if a team is really favored to win and the reward is low.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

bodog doesnt offer ml on spreads of 3 or less.

megacoolid
    a WIN is a WIN

i forgot to mention also that 5dimes does not charge anything to deposit to your account with a cc and bodog charges 4.95% of however much you want to put on your account

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    Been using Bodog for a good 2 months I can tell you from my experience they don't offer too many money lines even if a team is really favored to win and the reward is low.
    What is "too many MLs"? Its really not a mystery about what and when they offer.

They offer MLs on spread from 3 to 10. The MLs are posted at 5pm. All this info is easily available in the help section.

Speedy88

I typically like to bet on the ML's (parlay 3 or 4 teams on the ML), would you recommend me switching from Bodog to something else?
    Last edited by Speedy88; 03-23-11 at 03:15 PM.

CarmeLO15
    Update your status
    CarmeLO15's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12316

BoDog is really good on dogs.
    If u want ML try something else.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    I typically like to bet on the ML's (parlay 3 or 4 teams on the ML), would you recommend me switching from Bodog to something else?
    Yea, switch to 5Dimes. Tons of betting options, good/early MLs, and live-betting for nationally televised games

solid152
    solid152's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Quote Originally Posted by megacoolid View Post
    i forgot to mention also that 5dimes does not charge anything to deposit to your account with a cc and bodog charges 4.95% of however much you want to put on your account
    Been using Bodog for awhile now and have been wanting to switch to 5dimes..I don't see an option for cc deposit though..

megacoolid
    a WIN is a WIN

you have to call them to do cc deposits takes less then 2 min

jubuck757
    jubuck757's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

bodog put moneylines out after 5 eastern time

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

The only reason I use bodog is because it's easy to get deposit and withdraw money.

I was going to try a few other sites but I don't really want to mess with sending money via ** to some guy in a foreign country.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by CarmeLO15 View Post
    BoDog is really good on dogs.
    If u want ML try something else.
    Actually. I used to defend Bodog and what they offer as far as dogs but if you pay close attention to it you see there lines aren't all that dog friendly at all.

Its not as if every dog is off by .5 point, typically most of their lines correspond to Bookmaker and Greek. There is 1 or 2 games each day that do have a friendlier line for a dog but more often then not that line is juiced at -115. When you compare that to dog lines at Pinny or 5Dimes the lines often times is actually crappier at bodog. The dog Moneylines are even worse, most places offer better MLs on dogs then bodog more times then not.

On a rare occasion when some very huge public team plays THEN Bodog as give you a .5 or even a full point better line at normal juice, but overall that doesn't happen that often and Id say 90% of dog line are not as good as Pinny or 5dimes, for a book that people think is dog friendly thats not a good thing.

Covy
    Covy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1430

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    The only reason I use bodog is because it's easy to get deposit and withdraw money. I was going to try a few other sites but I don't really want to mess with sending money via ** to some guy in a foreign country.
    Exactly...the only reason I stuck with em for so long

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

SIA is just as good with dogs and they post ML's for all games. Slow on posting lines overnight like Bodog, but at least they put them up in the morning.