thefastship
    thefastship's Avatar Become A Pro!

Las Vegas Think Tank Thread lol

Here are the current pre qual odds. (let me know if its ok to post these without getting flagged)

What car manufacture stands out at this track?

What team has historically ran good here?

What current driver has the most wins/top 5's and top 10's?

I am going to try to pull these answers when I get a break from work. If anyone has this info handy please post. Lets beat the book this week!!!!

AJ Allmendinger
    +6000

Bobby Labonte
    +10000

Brad Keselowski
    +10000

Brian Vickers
    +3000

Carl Edwards
    +800

Clint Bowyer
    +2500

Dale Earnhardt Jr
    +4000

David Gilliland
    +10000

David Ragan
    +10000

David Reutimann
    +4000

Denny Hamlin
    +1000

Greg Biffle
    +2000

Jamie McMurray
    +3000

Jeff Burton
    +2500

Jeff Gordon
    +700

Jimmie Johnson
    +450

Joey Logano
    +2500

Juan Montoya
    +3000

Kasey Kahne
    +3000

Kevin Harvick
    +1200

Kurt Busch
    +1200

Kyle Busch
    +600

Marcos Ambrose
    +10000

Mark Martin
    +2500

Martin Truex Jr
    +6000

Matt Kenseth
    +2500

Paul Menard
    +10000

Regan Smith
    +10000

Ryan Newman
    +3000

Tony Stewart
    +1000

Trevor Bayne
    +10000

zx Field (Any Other Driver)
    +5000

BeaverPatrol
    Go Blackhawks
    BeaverPatrol's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gordon and Johnson seem to be the "class" of the field as far as consistency goes....but they really are on almost every track. Instantly would have to say they are a favorite/lock to both post top 5s with a chance to win. Beyond them I like Matt Kenseth and Kasey Kahne to have decent showings. Kenseth has finished in the top 8 in every race here since 03 but two. One of which his engine blew placing him 43rd. Kahne has also ran top ten in every race but two in the same stretch at Vegas. If you are betting, why not bet these two with their odds at +2500 and +3000 respectively.

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Betting is still about winning the bet. Kyle Busch at +600 is your best bet at this moment. That can and might change depending on practice and qualifying. Never bet Kenseth early, he sucks at qualifying. You can see what his car has and bet or not bet him at pretty much the same odds as before practice. If Kyle puts his car on the pole, which he is capable of, that +600 will look huge.

rickie65
    Update your status
    rickie65's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4370

anybody know a good site for qualifying history per track by driver?

your pixel army
    your pixel army's Avatar Become A Pro!

driveraverages.com for all of your statistical needs.

Ku. Busch 1.5 average over last two races.
    Ky. Busch 3.0
    Newman 4.5
    Martin 8.0
    Stewart 9.5

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

I'll check that YPA.

I loved this one: http://fantasyracingcheatsheet.com/f...op-data-wizard

But it went to paid subscription this year. I was just thinking about breaking down and paying...

thefastship

Driver Rating at Las Vegas

Jeff Gordon 117.0
    Jimmie Johnson 116.4
    Kyle Busch 108.0
    Greg Biffle 103.8
    Jeff Burton 98.7
    Tony Stewart 96.0
    Mark Martin 95.9
    Matt Kenseth 95.6
    Kevin Harvick 94.7
    Carl Edwards 92.2

thefastship

There have been 13 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
    Five drivers have participated in all 13 races: Jeff Burton, Jeff Gordon, Bobby Labonte and Mark Martin.
    Dale Jarrett won the inaugural pole.
    Nine drivers have poles, led by Dale Jarrett, Kasey Kahne, Kyle Busch and Bobby Labonte (two each).
    Eight different drivers have won, led by Jimmie Johnson (four). Johnson has won four of the last six races at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, including last season’s event.
    Only five of the 13 races have been won from a top-10 starting position.
    Las Vegas-native Kyle Busch became the first driver to win from the pole, in 2009.
    Five of the 13 races have been won from a starting position of 20th or worse.
    The deepest in the field that a race winner has started was 25th, by Matt Kenseth in 2004.
    There has been one green-white-checkered finish at Las Vegas: 2006 (270/267).
    Jeff Burton won consecutive races in 1999 and 2000, and has finished in the top five in two of the last three races (fifth in 2008, third in 2009). Burton has been running at the finish in all 13 of his events.
    In three of the last five races, the margin of victory was under one second.
    Kyle Busch made his first start and Kasey Kahne won his first pole at Las Vegas, in the same event (2004).

ok now what
    ok now what's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Thanks for the collection of stats, thefastship

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by thefastship View Post
    Jeff Gordon 117.0
    Jimmie Johnson 116.4
    Maybe I need to put my doubts about Hendrick out of my head here.

hawk 5
    Update your status

I have them too opti. MRN racing and Jaski's is the two spots I use the most.

thefastship

Anyone of the Busch Brothers is a great bet here along with 48.

hawk 5
    Update your status

Anyone of the Busch Brothers is a great bet here along with 48.
    Can't hardly go wrong taking the Busch boys and 48 here.

thefastship

Anyone know where I can bet Labonte for a top ten finish?

Optional

Anyone know where I can bet Labonte for a top ten finish?
    Top 10s are usually among the last lines they hang on race day. Don't recall seeing Labonte as an option on 5D last week though. :\

hawk 5
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by hawk 5 View Post
    Betting is still about winning the bet. Kyle Busch at +600 is your best bet at this moment. That can and might change depending on practice and qualifying. Never bet Kenseth early, he sucks at qualifying. You can see what his car has and bet or not bet him at pretty much the same odds as before practice. If Kyle puts his car on the pole, which he is capable of, that +600 will look huge.
    Of coarse Kenseth poles the fvcking car. Hope nobody listen to me. Hope I figure this year out before I go broke. Anybody know how many career poles Kenseth has?

avssakic
    avssakic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4193

Ha there went kenseths value. Fords look legit

CarolinaDaze
    2x- SBR Fantasy Football Champion
    CarolinaDaze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30913

Quote Originally Posted by hawk 5 View Post

Of coarse Kenseth poles the fvcking car. Hope nobody listen to me. Hope I figure this year out before I go broke. Anybody know how many career poles Kenseth has?
    No, but i think he said afterwards it was his first in 2 or 3 years.

thefastship

He has 5 poles total....

When a car manufacture jumps to the top of the pole like ford did....you have to wonder if the engine will hold for the entire race. Kinda scary. If the engines hold up, it could be a long day for us chevy backers.

Optional

I don't think they just jumped to the top. It's been happening since the first FR9 was used last year. They had it sorted by the end of 2010 and I think just about everyone in the garage expected them to be very good right now. It's looking a little closer in final practice leaderboard though.

I'm hating the TV coverage today. Replay of Cup practice at 6pm!? grrrr

kcburg
    kcburg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6060

I put a little on smoke at +425 to finish in the top 3.

kcburg
    kcburg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6060

thefastship

I bet Stewarts four tire mistake is haunting him this morning. He had a great car. On to Bristol in two weeks!

Optional

I'm sure he will feel ok when he stops and looks at this;

http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2011..._official.html

Considering all the "Ford is dominant" talk... funny to see only 2 Fords in the top 12... and 5 of the 6 Hendrick built cars in the chase spots.... and the only one missing out is the only one with a win.

This points system is starting to look like it could turn out REALLY REALLY BAD imho. Hardly anyone is ranked where my gut thinks they should be after the first 3 race results.

your pixel army
    your pixel army's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Considering all the "Ford is dominant" talk... funny to see only 2 Fords in the top 12... and 5 of the 6 Hendrick built cars in the chase spots.... and the only one missing out is the only one with a win.

This points system is starting to look like it could turn out REALLY REALLY BAD imho. Hardly anyone is ranked where my gut thinks they should be after the first 3 race results.
    The standings would look pretty strange under the old system too though. You expect a "big one" at Daytona that snags a bunch of top drivers, but to have one in the second race too? That throws a wrench into things.

Optional

Has anyone seen a comparison of current points under the new and old system anywhere?

CarolinaDaze
    2x- SBR Fantasy Football Champion
    CarolinaDaze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30913

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Opti im digging what ur saying bout the Hendricks cars and the Ford talk. But i never liked the old system, the new one rewards consistency, i believe if you run 1st (44 pts) this week and run 44th (0 pts) the next week. You should be in 22TH Place. Do that every race and then do the math & crown the champion. Add in a few bonus points for winning it, and most laps lead, etc. Thats just my humble opinion as i see it so far, im gonna give it a chance and see how it works out. I've learned alot about how you guys break races down the last 2 seasons on here. Opti one last subject, man i sure wish i had asked u about: betting Golfers to win the tournament early in week (Thursday/Friday) i took 9 and only had 1 in the top 5 on Sunday. It was YE Yang (could have got a much better # for him on Sunday morning) & 2th place don't pay. Next time i'm only taking a few long-shots with big #s on THURSDAY & FRIDAY. Or ride your coattails in some of those matchups you been cashing.

Optional

Be careful tailing my points bets. Most of it is gut feel and chasing +odds. I'm glad Mex opened that book, gives me a chance to act out my true fully square betting inclinations.

Dew22 is actually very sharp with the golf. He got me started on it and I'm only learning, and don't know the best way to bet it myself. Dew is having a betting holiday from everything but NASCAR for now, but when he comes back maybe the three us can nut out the golf? I liked the matchplay format a lot. Killed it on that one.

For what it's worth, I have 1 dollar on each of these guys so far. And will probably add a couple of dollars more to each one I still like after the first and second rounds. I'll probably take each of them in their tourney matchups and 1st round matchups. I'll pick out an Aussie to follow too, after listening to a preview show on Wednesday down here. But I know stuff all really, so it feels like a bit of a coin toss that I happen to be getting lucky with so far.

1. Matt Kuchar 30/1
    2. Bill Haas 36/1
    3. Bubba Watson 45/1
    4. Hunter Mahan 48/1
    5. Rickie Fowler 60/1

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDaze View Post
    i believe if you run 1st (44 pts) this week and run 44th (0 pts) the next week. You should be in 22TH Place. Do that every race and then do the math & crown the champion.
    I guess I do like that way of thinking about it.