blueghost
    blueghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

2/20 towards chase

BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gonna get Rickie this week. Our picks are nothing alike at all.
    Last edited by BET THE HOOK; 10-02-11 at 06:21 PM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Dover Results

Regular Season Pool

18 players = 36 points added to prize pool. Now 978 points.

Yay. Broke the streak of race winner misses. And it's an important one for Bet The Hook, giving him the edge over Rickie should they tie. No change at the top in the chase for most winners though.

CarolinaDaze and Yisman make some ground, and CD moves into realistic contention just 6 points off the lead with 7 races to go.

Attachment 33123

(I reduced the table size and hid people not playing right now in case anyone is wondering)

Chase Pool

CD becomes our first clear leader. But the pack is close behind.

Attachment 33125

Optional

Kansas Results

Season Long Pool

17 players = 34 points added to prize pool. Now 1012 points.

Luvtogamble picks his 5th race winner of the year to move into the clear lead for that prize and Dew also snags Jimmie to move to 4 winners, breathing right down his throat.

Nice work by CarolinaDaze and BlueGhost to pick 5 from 5 this week, being the only ones to make up ground on long time leader Rickie.

Attachment 33327

Chase Pool

CD kicks away to a clear 2 point lead. Coming good at the business end of the season!

Attachment 33329

Optional

Charlotte Results

Regular Season Pool

17 players = 34 points added to prize pool. Now 1046 points.

Just 5 races to go now... if anyone is going to make a run at Rickie for this thing! We have let him extend his lead by an extra point this week team!

Leadfootfred gets his 5th race winner of the year to jump into the lead for that prize.

Luvtogamble picks up his 3rd win of the year with the only 5 this week. LTG and Yisman would likely be the ones fighting it out for the win right had you two been in it from race one. :\

Only positions to change this week are BigDaddyJames moving ahead of Onenonlymush, and Vegas39 passing BeBrave.

Attachment 33481

Chase Pool

CarolinaDaze maintains his 2 point gap on the compressed field, just waiting for him to trip up

Attachment 33483

Optional

Talladega Results

18 players = 36 points added to prize pool. Now 1082 points.

Luvtogamble does it again. 5 from 5 second week in a row, and pulls back square with his doppelganger Yisman. (these two would have whooped the lot of us had they played from race 1. After Leadfootfred they have won more points than anyone else too.)

Anyway, at the pointy end of the table The Amazing Rickie once again comes up with a lousy 2 yet maintains his 3 point buffer as none of the main chasers can do any better!

Cue the Jaws music though as season long sleeper CarolinaDaze continues his late run for the money scoring more than anyone else during the chase, including 5 more than Rickie over the first six races. Just needs to make up 4 more points over the last four races for comeback of the year award.

StanleySharp is the only one to pick Bowyer for the win, but that title looks like it's coming down to a race between Leadfootfred and Luvtogamble on 5 wins as it stands right now. (tie breaker for that is points, so Luv needs to make up 6 points on Fred to win that one, or get another winner.) Dew and I sit on 4 wins and within striking distance, but it will take another miracle comeback for anyone else to grab that one now.

Attachment 33823

Chase Pool

CarolinaDaze battles on strongly in the lead, but Dew pegs back a point for the second race in a row... The predator becomes the prey!

Attachment 33825

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

that stupid crash wrecked my chances in the chase pool.

Optional

Martinsville Results

16 players = 32 points added to prize pool. Now 1114 points.

Once again Steady Rickie pulls out a 3, and extends his lead to 4 points clear of the gathering pack of 5 of us within 2 points fighting for second spot.

BET THE HOOK snags Smoke for the win, giving him the tie breaker advantage over the other guys on 86 points.

Attachment 33997

Chase Pool

Dew sneaks another point to draw level with CarolinaDaze, who still holds the lead by tie breaker at this stage.

Just about everyone else is tied for third place.

Attachment 33999

Optional

Texas Results

17 players = 34 points added to prize pool. Now 1148 points.

Pretty much a dead heat on 3 for the field this week. So not much change in the leaderboard. It will take a monumental choke job from Rickie to lose this now...

BET THE HOOK is the only one to pick the race winner again this week, and for third time during the chase, moving him to 4 and into contention to take that prize.

Attachment 34259

Chase Pool

Dew continues the grind to pass CD. The rest of us are just cheering from the bleechers at this stage.

Attachment 34261

Optional

Phoenix Results

16 players = 32 points added to the prize pool. Now 1180 points.

Final Prizes will be approximately;

Winner: 728 points
    Second: 243 points
    Most race winners: 243 points

And here is the position:

A huge congratulations to Rickie for tieing up the first place prize this week!

Even though he only scored a 1 his total increased by 2 because previously his worst 3 results were a 2,2,1. And they now become 2,1,1. And even if he does not play next week his total would increase by another 2 because his worst 3 results would become 1,1,0. (sorry about that BTH :\)

The race for second prize is a hot one though. BET THE HOOK holds a 1 point advantage over the pack of Stanley. CD, Fred and myself.

As far as most race winners, Fred holds the lead on tiebreaker from Luvtogamble on 5. LTG needs to pick the Homestead winner, or beat Fred 5 to 0, to snatch it away. BTH and myself also have a chance to ruin Fred's day.

Attachment 34423

Chase Pool

Only CD and Looker still have a chance to stop Dew. Good luck with that lads!

Attachment 34425

yisman

rickie and dew win the two pools, basically, while second place in the big pool is still up in the air.

I beat you in the Chase pool

rickie65
    Update your status
    rickie65's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4370

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    A huge congratulations to Rickie for tieing up the first place prize this week!
    SWEET!! rough pickin' in the chase, can't believe I held on. glad I won't have to worry about this weeks picks so much since I'm going to the Homestead race and the only #'s I want to think about are how many cans are still in the cooler!

Opti - thanks as always for runnin' this! The breakdown of the points I owe you is in the ESPN thread.

BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think I lost second place by 1 because I picked all oposites of Rickie to try to run him down if he went 0-5 and I went 0-5 myself and coughed it up. Had I kept my original picks I would have had 2 correct and kept 2nd place. Oh well.

Optional

^^^ I feel for you BTH

There was no need to go opposite of Rickie either. He couldn't have been passed. But to do it on only the 2nd time Rickie has scored a 5 all year qualifies for bad beat of the comp.

Homestead Results

17 players = 34 points added to prize pool. Final Total is 1214.

Winner: 728 Rickie
    Second: 243 Leadfootfred
    Most Winners: 243 Leadfootfred

Attachment 34589

Chase Pool

200 points to Dew.

Attachment 34591

I've attached the entire spreadsheet for the year below in case anyone wants to check all the figures and worst 3 result deductions etc. (SUB column is the raw Sub Total, 3W column is how many points I've deducted from raw total)

Attachment 34593

Will transfer all points tomorrow to give everyone a chance to check Ive got it all right.

I hope everyone had fun.

yisman

he could've passed rickie had he gotten all five right. rickie then would've gotten them all wrong, and BTH would've won by 1.

StanleySharp
    StanleySharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Thank you for putting this on Opti, it has been fun. I know you spent a lot of time running this week in and week out. Spreadsheet is impressive

Congrats rickie and fred!! Had a fun season everyone, hope to see you guys next year.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    he could've passed rickie had he gotten all five right. rickie then would've gotten them all wrong, and BTH would've won by 1.
    Nah. As I tried to explain after last race, even if Rickie had scored a 0 his total would have increased by 2 points due to the change in his worst 3 results.

leadfootfred
    leadfootfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 662

Congrats Rickie, and Optional, I've said it before but I'll say it again, thanks for the time, patience and work you put in, I really appreciate it and I'm sure I'm speaking for everyone here.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave leadfootfred 486 SBR Point(s) for this post.

CarolinaDaze
    2x- SBR Fantasy Football Champion
    CarolinaDaze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30913

Great year again Opti thanks Bro for what you do to make this such a great contest every week. See u guys next year.

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Nah. As I tried to explain after last race, even if Rickie had scored a 0 his total would have increased by 2 points due to the change in his worst 3 results.
    oh, ok. In that case my post was just what BTH was thinking. He probably didn't see what you said about rickie's score so he thought he could still catch him.

Optional

Sent 486 for Fred in post #123

Sending 200 for Dew by direct transfer now.

First 1234