bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

NASCAR suspends young driver indefinitely

looks like NASCAR is really trying to clean up there act.

NASCAR suspends young driver indefinitely
    February 24, 2006

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Driver Shane Hmiel has been suspended from competition indefinitely by NASCAR after failing a third substance abuse test.

``Shane failed to fulfill the prescribed rehabilitation program scheduled by NASCAR,'' NASCAR spokesman Ramsey Poston said Friday. ``As a result, Shane has forfeited his opportunity to compete in any NASCAR-sanctioned events.''

Hmiel, the 26-year-old son of longtime crew chief and team official Steve Hmiel, was first suspended in September 2003 after failing a test. He completed a required rehabilitation program and was reinstated for NASCAR competition in February 2004.

But he was suspended again last June after failing a second substance abuse test.

NASCAR had laid out a road map for Hmiel's possible reinstatement in 2007 that included medical and psychological reviews and frequent testing. NASCAR said Hmiel failed one of those tests.

NASCAR's Substance Abuse Policy, based on ``reasonable suspicion,'' allows the sanctioning organization to broadly administer tests virtually anytime, anywhere.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

No more left turns for him ,lol.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    No more left turns for him ,lol.
    More to it then just left turns.

Plus they have a few road coarses through out the year. So they have to turn right sometimes.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Plus they have a few road coarses through out the year. So they have to turn right sometimes.
    I wish they had more road courses because those are actually fun to watch.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    I wish they had more road courses because those are actually fun to watch.
    Actually, I dont like them. I get bored watching them and usually just dont watch them.