roberone
    roberone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nationwide is more irregular than Sprint Cup in the results

Hi

I want to know if in the Nationwide races exist more surprises than in the Sprint Cup Series races, by example than usually the favorites do not win.

Anyone can win? Because I have watched than in the Sprint Cup Races almost always win the same, 5 0 6 drivers.

Can you help me? please

Thank you so much
    Last edited by roberone; 04-20-08 at 09:15 AM.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I am not a regular viewer of the Nationwide series. I would imagine that it has to do with the CUP drivers racing in the Nationwide. You have those hand full of CUP drivers along with the good regular Nationwide drivers that can win it any given weekend. Then you have those few drivers that just run road coarses, and only road coarses. See todays race in Mexico.

But it is usually seems like a CUP driver taking the checkered flag in the Nationwide series. Kyle, Stewart, Kenseth, Edwards, etc etc etc.

I am yet to jump into betting Nationwide, but it will probably be a future project.

Also, welcome to SBR Forum.

Big_Cheese
    Big_Cheese's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well todays race is extremely tough, the one guy I think has the best car and the best chance to win is Scott Pruitt and his odds reflect that at 5/2. Nobody wants to let it ride on 5/2, especially at a road course. If Scott Pruitt has a meltdown there are a number of drivers that can win this race: Kyle Busch (with his win it or wreck it mentallity), Clint Bowyer, Carl Edwards, Patrick Carpentier, Marcus Ambrose, and Bois said. Then you have that Hometown fan Favorite Adrian Fernandez, he has a fast car but was forced to the back due to racing in the Indy Series this weekend and missing qualifying. Road courses are fun to watch, but this race should be wagered on litely in my opinion. I just looked at the match-ups and they all suck.

Now to answer your question, on the normal oval tracks, Nationwide series racing is no different from Sprint cup racing. As a matter of fact there are a smaller number of drivers that win over and over. Depending on how many cup regulars enter the race, the Nationwide regulars almost never win. For example last season, there were a few races in which Carl Edwards was the only Cup driver to enter the race. His odds were always under 2-1, and he won them by a huge margin. This year Kyle Busch has been dominate in this series. I would say the same 4-5 drivers win more than likely in this series, and with cup drivers included a nationwide regular may win 1 out of 15 races.

indy62
    indy62's Avatar Become A Pro!

Now to answer your question, on the normal oval tracks, Nationwide series racing is no different from Sprint cup racing. As a matter of fact there are a smaller number of drivers that win over and over. Depending on how many cup regulars enter the race, the Nationwide regulars almost never win. For example last season, there were a few races in which Carl Edwards was the only Cup driver to enter the race. His odds were always under 2-1, and he won them by a huge margin. This year Kyle Busch has been dominate in this series. I would say the same 4-5 drivers win more than likely in this series, and with cup drivers included a nationwide regular may win 1 out of 15 races

this is all to true i think the last natonwide reguler driver to win a race(when the cup guys were there)was david gilliland back in 2006****this is from memory so i could be wrong

Big_Cheese
    Big_Cheese's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Scott Wimmer got one last year

dodif
    dodif's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by roberone View Post
    Hi

I want to know if in the Nationwide races exist more surprises than in the Sprint Cup Series races, by example than usually the favorites do not win.

Anyone can win? Because I have watched than in the Sprint Cup Races almost always win the same, 5 0 6 drivers.

Can you help me? please

Thank you so much
    no, its not more irregular. these type of general statements are usually always false.

some seasons it will be some seasons it wont be

this year if not for kyle busch having bad luck and some bad driving he would have nearly every race. that isnt irregular.

roberone
    roberone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dodif is not statement is a question.

Thank you very much everybody by your answers.
    Last edited by roberone; 05-03-08 at 10:18 AM.