Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13678

i was in one not too long ago actually

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by 5918mike View Post
    What is the benefit to paying an insurance premium in full at the beginning?
    It's usually cheaper. I pay mine all at once every 6 months and save almost $100.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2906

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    It's usually cheaper. I pay mine all at once every 6 months and save almost $100.
    That is a good reason.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

You are loaning them the amount of the premium and you are only charging 100. You only need insurance in the moment. Why pay for coverage for a future time? Let’s say you pay the 6th Month premium for a home and it burns down one month in, the home is only covered in its current state, you cannot say “ well in two months I was going to add an addition, I want to be compensated for that”

I know it’s not a large sum but I just don’t see the need to pay early. Now if you have a certain budget where the savings is a part of your strategy then by all means do your thing.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

commercial policies give even more of a discount for paying in full. you should see how much some of my clients save.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2163

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Cars are for suckers

Most people cannot afford the car they are driving and it’s just an ego thing the people with money have a older cars

If you do buy a car make sure it’s in your budget and you hold it for at least 10 to 12 years
    JJ, how did you like the 911 that there is only 100 made and only 25 in the United States??.. so sick!!!

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    You are loaning them the amount of the premium and you are only charging 100. You only need insurance in the moment. Why pay for coverage for a future time? Let’s say you pay the 6th Month premium for a home and it burns down one month in, the home is only covered in its current state, you cannot say “ well in two months I was going to add an addition, I want to be compensated for that”

I know it’s not a large sum but I just don’t see the need to pay early. Now if you have a certain budget where the savings is a part of your strategy then by all means do your thing.
    I am talking about cars here. I kind of get your point on home insurance, but if you added an addition to your home, it would also increase the value, so you would have to update your policy. You're not going to continue to pay for a $250,000 insurance policy on your home that is now worth $350,000.

As someone who works in the auto repair field, you would be surprised how many people forget to pay their car insurance every month and let it run out, so it is quiet reassuring that you only have to remember paying your policy every 6 months and not have to worry about passing the grace period and letting it expire and getting screwed. Also If you change policies or companies, you still get the remainder of your money back.

For me, it is a convenience thing along with saving money.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

I'm almost 30 years old and have never owned a car in my name my whole life. Living in a city helps with that

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Suckers buy new cars

Lol

Ego guys
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave jjgold 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Cars is nice if you got extra money - good way to flex on the hunnies
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Coolcanuck79

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

My Z06 gets all the panties wet

Samfourteen
    Samfourteen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Got a 71 Lac bagged up

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

everyone I've come across who bashes someone for having a nice car is 100% a brokedik....maybe you don't "understand" why people have nice car because some guys don't sweat having a $400-$500 a month car payment because they aren't brokediks like you LOL

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    everyone I've come across who bashes someone for having a nice car is 100% a brokedik....maybe you don't "understand" why people have nice car because some guys don't sweat having a $400-$500 a month car payment because they aren't brokediks like you LOL
    What do you think it means if a rich guy says it?

That he must have an average to large rooster?

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

I have been into cars my whole life... I have done all kinds of work including building street racing motors. I personally have never really spent much money on classic/vintage cars... it's a losing game. For daily driver I always prefer a modern hotrod. The 2015+ mustangs are simply on a new level. Independent rear suspension. Makes all the difference in the world

Greenline
    Greenline's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

I'm not into cars, but love Doug Demuro videos.

hugh_morris
    hugh_morris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 976

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    Always had a nice car. After my first nice, new car out of college, never had a car payment. Cash only.
    At one time I had a BMW 740il and a Mustang GT convertible ( Still my su
    If I ever had the means, I would have had a stable of American Heavy Metal from 68-70s.
    To me, I would get significant enjoyment from driving cool classics.

People collect all sorts of nonsense..Watches, Jewelry ,Shoes, etc.
    I had clients who had 6 and 7 figure collections of Porcelain and Glass. I sold it, but never understood it.

What I would really love to do is put a 1970 Chevelle SS Convertible on top of the best platform of today.
    Something with all the bells/whistles. Twin turbo, ABS, Interior, Music/Tech system, 6 speed manual, etc.
    Even know the color I would pick.
    Caddy coming out with a 6 speed high performance package that would be a sick match.
    Me to.....I have a 69 Super Bee now, I would like to add an A body to it at some point...70 cuda, big $$$ though

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I'm just curious. I never get why some people waste so much money on cars. I mean get a decent vehicle but some people identify cars as the way to look like a bigshot. Meanwhile they are paying payments and insurance they can't afford.
    this is just your mindset which says a lot about you

so buying a nice car is a waste and blowing 20 grand a year or whatever you do at betting is a good investment?

sounds about right

personally, and because i'm sane, i like having a nice car for tangible and practical purposes
    - when you're in a position whre it helps if people take you seriously...rolling up in a '98 lumina in excellent running condition, is going to do the opposite effect

- when you have 0 patience and 99% of drivers on the road don't even know where they are, it's nice to be able to get the fukk away from them

in conclusion, i hate you

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Same here.
    what do you do?

First 12