BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Optional, anyone worth betting to win in F1 Austrian?

I read the only other post on here from semi bluff and didn't understand much other than Hamilton is starting further back than usual.

I'd like to make a small win bet. I don't have top 3 odds available at my site. Just win and fastest lap.

Who's the most likely winner and who has best odds in your opinion?

Win odds:
    Hamilton +450
    Vettle 175
    Bottas 150
    Raikk 1800
    Riccardo 1400
    Verstappen 800
    Perez 10000
    Field +700

Fastest lap:
    Hamilton +137
    Vettle 250
    Bottas 500
    Raikk 800
    Verstappen 800
    Ricardo 1600
    Alonso 3300
    Perez 3300
    And a bunch of others between plus 5000-10,000.

Thanks for any advice!

BigJay

Went with Vettle to win for half a unit

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
    Went with Vettle to win for half a unit
    That was a good pick with the Hamilton issues.

I bet Bottas +500 the moment I heard Hamitlon gearbox change rumor. Before books adjusted. Sorry did not post. Feels like no one really interested here.

Also had a bunch for fast lap that didnt pay off. Hamilton took it.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Was a boring race until last 10 laps , although sky's coverage was terrible showing Hamilton and Danny r battle without showing much of the battle for the lead

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    Was a boring race until last 10 laps , although sky's coverage was terrible showing Hamilton and Danny r battle without showing much of the battle for the lead
    I think that is still the FOM feed they have to use. So not really Sky's fault.

But agree they stopped showing the leader much a couple of years ago and it's noticeable.

Shame Max and Alonso were wrecked out of it on 1st lap :\

BigJay

Nice hit on Bottas Optional and thanks for the props in the other thread on my NASCAR wins last week.
    Agreed that was the most boring race I've watched in awhile. 90 percent of the coverage was watching Hamilton pass for fourth and then his battle for third. Hardly got to see my driver who was battling for the lead.

Optional

British BP - Silverstone

Mercedes have taken Pole, the race Win and Fast Lap for the last 4 years at Silverstone. Lewis 3 times of each and Rosberg the other.

Last year Vertappen surprised by keeping pace with Lewis, but still finsihing 2nd by over 8 seconds. That was a lot closer than any non mercedes got to the winner for a few years.

I think Lewis will bounce back strongly from last weeks damaging WDC points loss to Vettel and probably do the triple again.

Although saying that, Bottas has had 2 strong performances here in the Williams out of 4 starts and could at least test Lewis. I would not consider backing anyone else early to win though.

Red bull and Ferrari should be next best but the Force India factory is right next door to Silverstone and after such a good performance in Austria I would not be surprised to see them battling for a top 6 again. (Force India have now announced they will be bringing their biggest car update of the year to Silverstone)

Be interested to see if Haas can back up the Grosjean 6th perfomance form Austria too.

A safety car is about a 50/50 chance here but I would not rely on it to bring a longshot in. Similar with tires. Pirelli are giving them compounds that last longer than needed so probably no big surprises to come from that.

Hopefully some rain will come and mix things up. It is England so probably a reasonable chance.

Some of the fastest lap are generous for the longshots but i think that is with good reason so havent bet any yet.

Fast Lap Bets;

Ricciardo +1400
    Verstappen +1400
    Kimi +1200

I have taken Bottas +450 to be fastest in Practice 1.

It will probably be Lewis -110 that actually does it but we have not seen Bottas on this track in a Merc and he has been very strong on it in the Williams, like last track in Austria, so think the +450 is generous for him. Actually I think I will take Lewis as well, just to cover my Bottas bet so its break even or a +340 win if either Merc tops the time sheets.

Fastest in Practice 1
    Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) 1.90
    Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes) 5.50
    Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) 4.50
    Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari) 7.50
    Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull) 12.00
    Max Verstappen (Red Bull) 12.00
    Fernando Alonso (McLaren) 251.00
    Stoffel Vandoorne (McLaren) 1001.00
    Sergio Perez (Force India) 101.00
    Esteban Ocon (Force India) 251.00
    Felipe Massa (Williams) 101.00