5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

THE TRICKY TRIANGLE (pocono)

Alright fellas after another win, we are off to the "tricky triangle " at POCONO raceway this weekend and all 3 series will be in action again. The Xfinity and Cup series will be in action on Saturday and Sunday afternoon, while the trucks will be in Texas for a fri night race. So another triple header weekend awaits!

POCONO is a 2.5 mile asphalt triangle fabled racetrack and there not another track on the circuit anything like it. The banking is 14 degrees in turn 1, 8 degrees in turn 2, and 6 degrees in turn 3. The is 0 degrees of banking on the straights.

This racetrack is so unique there nothing to really compare it to so far this season. The other tracks considered "flat" aren't even half this size. And be advised if ur looking over past results, this track is littered with very misleading results and finishes due to tire failure and strategy. **And also Rain-shortened races. This Pit road is also a place where alot of mistakes have happened. Fuel mileage is always an issue here and strategy is as well since u can make a green flag put atop without losing a lap.

Nobody has dominated this racetrack in recent years which may lead to hope the opening odds may be better here than recent weeks, but don't hold ur breathe. The same 6-7will be favored, just hoping it's a little bit better given the variety of winners lately here. Horsepower is king at pocono

As always anybody's comments, opinions and picks are welcomed. I started reading my pocono notebook this morning and watching the past few races to refresh myself and get ready to roll. Hopefully we can all come away winners this weekend!!!

GOODLUCK!!!

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Yea gl this weekend

Recently watched the race 2 years ago when Logano kyle b and truex ran out of gas it was a fun race

kkwins84
    kkwins84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 907

I got a feeling logano and keslowski will be strong this weekend

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Odds are up

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Kurt B (+4400)

kkwins84
    kkwins84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 907

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    Kurt B (+4400)
    I like it bro...what book do u use to bet NASCAR on?

BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Mike, any early indication if Kyle B will race in all three this Weekend? Trucks, Xfinity, etc? I love it when he races in trucks and Xfinity although some don't. Have to pay short prices but have made some nice coin over the years. Actually looks like K Busch won't be racing in either?? Meaning I will like the 42 again in the Xfinity
    Last edited by BigJay; 06-07-17 at 05:15 AM.

BigJay

You also said horsepower is king here and call me a glutton but from my perspective the 42 and 78 have been by far the most dominant cars this season. I'm leaning toward grabbing them on early lines and letting them be my plays for Sunday. Anything wrong with that strategy when it comes to this track in particular? Or are they likely to be less dominant than they have been because of some bias in this race/Track (or a driver that's fared particularly well here I'm overlooking) that should have me looking elsewhere. Thanks!

shaunovery

Quote Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
    Mike, any early indication if Kyle B will race in all three this Weekend? Trucks, Xfinity, etc? I love it when he races in trucks and Xfinity although some don't. Have to pay short prices but have made some nice coin over the years
    No , trucks race is in Texas , so kyle won't be there

shaunovery

Also only cup guys in xfinity are brad, Larson , Suarez ,

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Mike, any early indication if Kyle B will race in all three this Weekend? Trucks, Xfinity, etc? I love it when he races in trucks and Xfinity although some don't. Have to pay short prices but have made some nice coin over the years. Actually looks like K Busch won't be racing in either?? Meaning I will like the 42 again in the Xfinity
    he won't be racing in anything but te CUP race.

No regulars in trucks,

in Xfinity it's Larson, Keslowski, Suarez and menard from the cup
    side

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

You also said horsepower is king here and call me a glutton but from my perspective the 42 and 78 have been by far the most dominant cars this season. I'm leaning toward grabbing them on early lines and letting them be my plays for Sunday. Anything wrong with that strategy when it comes to this track in particular? Or are they likely to be less dominant than they have been because of some bias in this race/Track (or a driver that's fared particularly well here I'm overlooking) that should have me looking elsewhere. Thanks!
    both are good at this racetrack and I wouldn't expect anything different this week. I would have honestly taken them off openers already but the odds were so bad I don't see any early value so I'm waiting to see if I'll have a parlay tonuse then in from truck or xfinity races because they won't go much lower imo anyways. This race can get so crazy that I just didn't see any reason to take any of the big favs early. But that's just me wouldn't say u shouldn't

both have had very misleading finishes at pocono just because of tires and pit stop problems. Which a lot of teams have here

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by kkwins84 View Post
    I like it bro...what book do u use to bet NASCAR on?
    5dimes always for openers and parlays because no book has better odds when lines post. As in never. So use them more than any others

other ones are bovada and bookmaker mostly for raceday if I fund them

BigJay

Any leans in trucks? Is Bell always going to be the favorite unless KB races? I don't get those lines until day of usually, is it always a good strategy to stay away from low prices to win in trucks or is Bell a good play usually? Or would you say his odds are usually too low? I'm usually a win bettor if you haven't figured that out and I don't mind taking low odds if it's a solid play. My book doesn't offer near the props yours does

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Nothing wrong with just being a WIN bettor mostly , if u notice I never bother with anything but WIN bets for the Cup races. On the lower 2 series, I play matchups just in parlays usually, have been on a good streak this year with those. But I usually never play anything but WIN for the cup series.

Bell odds didn't use to be low at all. His first win this season I took him at double/digits and won. But now he's come on so strong they won't ever be good again probably and he will usually be the fav on most tracks where it's only the truck guys racing. Plus his trucks are a little better than anybody else's right now with KBM

Odds for trucks won't be up u til today so for me it just depends on that. If his odds are too low I just use it to start a parlay and finish with a CUP fav. So if it's below (+400) I will just wait til raceday even though odds get worse. If I had to take 1 would probably take bell (depending on odds)I guess since he's had the fastest truck overall this season . Bell has 1 race at pocono he finished 10th, and it's a TOUGH racetrack to master. So also maybe a good idea to see how his truck and himself are doing in sessions. But if he does do well in practice and qualifying, he will def get worse odds wise. But that's with any driver in any seriessonits just risk vs reward. In CUP races I don't even really care how somebody practices cause it's overrated imo, but in the lower 2 series it actually means a little more for he guys that only run in those.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Pocono Stat:

Dale Jr has finished in the TOP 5 in all but 1 race @ pocono since 2013

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Xfinity:

custer> gaughan (-140)
    dillon> hemeric (-115)
    open

* Custer>Gaughan h2h single as well

BigJay

Mike trucks odds I have are Bell (225), Sauter (250) and Crafton (275). Would you go with Bell of those 3 if picking one for the win?

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Mike trucks odds I have are Bell (225), Sauter (250) and Crafton (275). Would you go with Bell of those 3 if picking one for the win?
    i personally think the odds are too low right now for all 3

im waiting on any of those til odds get better either before or on raceday

BigJay

Also, Xfinity Larson and Brad K both 225, Suarez 650. Still thinking Larson has to be the one I like although odds low. If he wins pole or top 2 he'll be 150 or so by race time. Thoughts? Too tough a track to take Larson at 225 with Brad in the race?

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Briscoe (+1150)

Sauter>crafton(-125)
    briscoe>cindric (-140)
    open

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Also, Xfinity Larson and Brad K both 225, Suarez 650. Still thinking Larson has to be the one I like although odds low. If he wins pole or top 2 he'll be 150 or so by race time. Thoughts? Too tough a track to take Larson at 225 with Brad in the race?
    im also waiting on any Xfinity favs of Larson & BK because odds Are too low for my liking for a pocono race to take them early. I just don't see any value in doing that early.

i like them both, but waiting on odds on 1 or both for a single play or parlaying

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Xfinity:

dillon>hemeric (-115)
    Custer>gaughan(-140)
    open

BigJay

Thanks Mike. Agree on trucks. If you had to take Larson or Brad for the Xfinity win who would you pick of the 2?

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

If ur gonna take just 1, and are taking them now I would have to lean Keslowski

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9149

Quote Originally Posted by kkwins84 View Post
    I got a feeling logano and keslowski will be strong this weekend
    As long as Brad hasn't smashed any more mirrors mid-week

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

CHASSIS INFO

**Kurt Busch will driving his race winning chassis from last years pocono June race

**Kevin Harvick will be driving a brand new chassis built in 2017

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9149

CHASSIS INFO

**Kurt Busch will driving his race winning chassis from last years pocono June race

**Kevin Harvick will be driving a brand new chassis built in 2017
    I miss when all/most treams would release chassis info pre race

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I miss when all/most treams would release chassis info pre race
    so do I

now u have to dig deep and look everywhere just hoping to find 1 or 2 lol

so secretive!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

trucks:
    Briscoe (+1150)

Sauter>crafton(-125)
    briscoe>cindric (-140)
    open
    adddd

Rhodes (+1750)

*gonna parlay bell when parlayables post after qualifying. Like Sauter too but odds are way too low on. It's so leaning bell. I will post whenever I play it. That will be my only other play for trucks besides what's listed above

the1yankee
    the1yankee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3689

Pocono Stat:

Dale Jr has finished in the TOP 5 in all but 1 race @ pocono since 2013
    Fade fade fade........jr jr jr!!!!!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Xfinity:

menard (+1350)

Ty Dillon (+2750)

**will parlay Keslowski or Larson tomorrow before the race And already have previous listed matchups

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by the1yankee View Post
    Fade fade fade........jr jr jr!!!!!
    he starts in the rear subday because he changed engine today

the1yankee

he starts in the rear subday because he changed engine today
    Not sure what to say about this can. Other than, if u bet on him, youve been warned. Guys only goal this year, is to avoid injury at all costs, which usually puts you in bad spots. Just cannot see jr making 1 aggressive move, to better his position on the track. Dont know what else to say, other than, give yur seat to somebody thats racing to win! Not a guy that is trying everything in his power, to avoid getting into a wreck. FADE JR, TO AND THRU HOMESTEAD!!!!

the1yankee

Like that +140 on crafton v sauter. But after lookin at P3 times, it seems to me, sauter has a lot more in that car for avg 10 lap speed. Most cars were about 1.5 mph slower in top speed v avg 10 lap speed. Sauter is closer to a 3.5 mph difference, in top spd v avg 10 lap top speed. Which makes the craft v sauter # make more sense

1234 ... Last