BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

NASCAR is Dying

NASCAR is in the midst of a slow death roll. The races are no longer exciting. Nobody shows up. The seats are nearly half empty at many races, where just 5 years ago, they routinely sold out. The Drivers are, in a word, BORING. They have nothing to race for because their salaries are guaranteed. They are not going to risk serious injury unless it is totally necessary to win, and then they will be as polite as possible.

This new points system is so complicated that many fans have just given up and stopped watching the sport. The announcers do their best to try and build it up, but it is terrible. Speaking of terrible and announcers, there are two words that go hand in hand.

In the fall, more and more races are going to be forced to go to a Saturday Night start because the networks do not want to compete with the real #1 sport in America, NFL Football. That means they will get less and less of a T.V. audience, something that they can ill afford. Look how desperate they are now. From the Winston Cup to the Monster Energy Championship Series. Are you friggin kidding me? It is so bad that even the red necks want little or nothing to do with it.

Say good-bye to NASCAR. The product is now unwatchable, gets worse with each passing season. When Junior (A totally worthless driver who was given everything by his daddy and NASCAR) retires, he should take the entire series with him.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

When do you think it will close down?

Personally I am fairly hopeful for the future of NASCAR. I've never seen so many top quality young guys entering the sport in my time watching it.

It's going to change as the old school drivers leave but that be a good thing for the long term.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

Exactly Opti

It's not going anywhere

CarolinaDaze
    2x- SBR Fantasy Football Champion
    CarolinaDaze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30913

Yeah there's always gonna be a core of fans, that will keep it going. I'd imagine changes gonna come, It's inevitable, but I hope future generations enjoy it as much as I have. And if not may God bless them to make at least Half what I have on it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

I enjoyed the race and the stands looked pretty full to me , if any sport needs a recthink its f1 , just look at Sunday's race there wasn't a racing pass I could remember apart from the start

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    I enjoyed the race and the stands looked pretty full to me , if any sport needs a recthink its f1 , just look at Sunday's race there wasn't a racing pass I could remember apart from the start
    Don't think there was any sort of pass.

But making it too easy to pass in F1 is just as bad as it being too difficult. It needs to be tough to pass, just not impossible like it is on that track with these cars.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

NASCAR was great when it was a predominately regional sport. When the did hold the occasional race outside of the South, the fans filled the venues to see it. Back in the day, drivers were paid part of the purse. No salaries. So drivers and crews had to EARN their money. Today, they just show up, get behind the wheel, and collect paychecks. Back in the day, drivers did not have Air Conditioning, power assist steering, and spotters to help them. Today, the driver is more of a locomotive engineer than an automobile driver.

As far as attendance goes, I guarantee you that 1/3 of the seats in Virginia were empty. And this is after they have dropped prices. People are just not interested anymore. It's the same old caca every week. You cannot find a driver starving out there. Now they all live in fancy motor homes. Today's drivers are wusses compared to the drivers of the 60's and 70's. The fans know it. They do not like it.

The cars are a joke. Back in the 60's and 70's, you could look at a car still with primer only on it, and tell what kind of car it was. Today, only an expert can tell the difference between cars. They are just like the drivers. Look at the number of engine builders out there today. You can count them on one hand. The cars are nothing more than cookie cutters who rely on gas mileage more than a drivers skill. Crew Chiefs are lost without their computers.

Today's modern NASCAR is nothing more than a joke. It is NOT real auto racing. It is a conglomeration of over paid drivers guiding their vehicles around a track, much like an engineer guides a train on the tracks. The races get shorter and shorter. The ONLY two races that NASCAR has now are the road races at Sonoma and Watkins Glen. Those are the only two races where the drivers have to display some type of driving talent. They are the only two races I will watch now.

To prove my theory of how bad NASCAR is becoming, find me ONE race that is sold out. Just one. Any one. They do not exist. Neither does the sport that we real fans grew up to love.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

even of it declined for 25 more years, it isn't going anywhere

thank God, i wouldn't know what to do with my time 6 days a week

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    To prove my theory of how bad NASCAR is becoming, find me ONE race that is sold out. Just one. Any one. They do not exist. Neither does the sport that we real fans grew up to love.
    You're just cherry picking stats to reinforce your opinion.

Does the fact that you cant name another US sport that averages higher attendance prove NASCAR is the #1 sport?

No more than your stat proves the opposite.
    Points Awarded:

5mike5 gave Optional 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BarstoolProphet
    BarstoolProphet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1530

I dont follow indy as much as I did back in the day ,,80s -90s. But I know for sure INdy 500 and Long Beach are always sold out. On a world stage ,,open wheel has always had a larger audience.

And now that drivers ie: alonso are crossing over. I expect a huge uptick in popularity.

But I agree with daddy,,,Nascar is just simply boring now. I can never finish a race ,,I either fall alseep or find something else to do.

I will not miss a sec of the Indy 500,, bank that.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

I probably wouldn't watch either if I didn't make so much money off of it