5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

THE SPRINT UNLIMITED--5mike5

alright boys the season (sort of) starts in just 3 days away now!!!!!

well at least the exhibition races are, but still just 11 days til the Daytona 500

THE GREEK already have the Unlimited as a event planned to carry up this morning, which means they will have odds up later today probably, so 5dimes (hopefully) will follow suit this evening or tomorrow morning at the latest...

i just wanted a seperate thread for this non-points event with a shortened field....i figured it would be easier to keep our thoughts and picks to just this thread for ONLY this event than clutter up the official 500 thread i havent posted yet

i never wager the same amounts of $$$$ i do for any regular Cup event on this race or the Gatorade duels of course, but being its the 1st time on track and 1st race we can bet on i figured we would throw up a thread just for it, because i know 9/10 of us regulars will be making at least a few wagers

even though we all know every race @ Daytona is just a crap-shoot mostly that takes a lot of luck and timing to win, i know i can't help myself, and really dont want to either and neither can u fukkos either!

im not posting all the things i usually do for a regular race, will start those threads next week for the daytona 500 thread!!

Last edited by 5mike5; 02-12-14 at 04:57 AM.
    Points Awarded:

GP gave 5mike5 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

yisman gave 5mike5 1000 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Jmac926
    Jmac926's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1458

Yes we all know how much of crapshoot these plate races are, and I always wager more than I should on them because I cant help it. Its my favorite type of racing too watch, and Ive had some big wins including my biggest win ever bayne in 2011, I could have taken the rest of the year off after that race.
    My favorite driver hints from my username is mcmurray, hes my favorite because of how under the radar he was for a while at plate races. Ive had him in 3 of his 4 plate wins, hes not under the radar anymore lol. Im still looking for someone else under the radar.
    Hes also broke my heart in few, the back to back years at the shootout battling with harvick and finishing 2nd and then dega a couple years ago harvick took it from him again. Missed out on ragan last year as it looks like a lot u had him.

JayHorne3
    1 Budlight Please
    JayHorne3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

THE SPRINT UNLIMITED THREAD MEANS RACING IS HERE BOYS!!!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

I usually always bet McMurray. When he won last year it was 1st time I had left him off in almost 5 years. Had won his plate wins everytime in his career b4 that. my biggest odds win of course was ragan at 150/1 last year. Could have stopped as well. Lol. A

but for whatever reason I have some really really great luck at plate races. Not sure what it is but I have an amazing record last 4-5 years on them. It's not all luck who u pick on ur roster. Alit are much better at 1 of the tracks over the other but it is the races that are most out of the handicappers hands

Now the regular 4 point paying plate races, I bet just as much as I do on any race. Sometimes more. Just not the exibitions usually. I love dega a lot more than Daytona because its so much wider and MUCH more longshots win at dega than Daytona usually.

I like daytona alit but imo its no match for talladega when it comes to great racing and longshots winning
    Last edited by 5mike5; 02-12-14 at 09:19 AM.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JayHorne3 View Post
    THE SPRINT UNLIMITED THREAD MEANS RACING IS HERE BOYS!!!
    YES FUKKIN SIR!!!!!!!

wooooooohooooooooo

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

But both dega and Daytona have the chance of almost any driver that starts the race can win it as we all know. Just dega more imo but Daytona has had 2 HUGE longshots win in just last 3 years

just like David ragan, I didn't just pick him out of a hat or because he had huge 150/1 odds. He is a VERY underestimated plate racer. Just as David gilliland is and a few other guys in that Range

but also there are several that Win these races a lot cause they are by far the better plate drivers that know what it takes and when to make the moves.

In getting so fired up talking about it I have to take a break. Getting so excited I gotta run and take a dump. LMAO
    Last edited by 5mike5; 02-12-14 at 09:28 AM.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Yes finally some motorsport gotta bet a few quid this week just for the hell of it

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah not going all out for unlimited but ill have enough to if I won it will be a decent chunk to be happy about. Just not the normal chunk. LOL. Just not taking too many drivers overall. Odds won't be regular plate odds anyways cause short field. Same with duels I'm guessin depending who is in what duel.

Maybe 4 drivers for unlimited and 3 for each duel race all depending on odds and what drivers will be in what duel races together

Cant believeit's almost finally here boys
    Last edited by 5mike5; 02-12-14 at 10:04 AM.

Jmac926

Im fired up as well guys just finding some where to chat about it lol. Talking about the difference in daytona and dega, before they paved daytona it had gotten to where it was a lot less of a crapshoot and the racing was awesome as well. When it involved the draft and tires wearing. I thought the july race right before they paved was one of the best races I had seen.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah I agree.

I absoluey HATE when hey pave any track really. I like character and worn out racetracks that sat tires for much an dinner. Can't tans lately that tires down wear out enough. That's what makes great races is worn tires imo. Along wih other shit of course. But last season we had ALOT of great races and finishes to be honest. And still some boring ones but that's gonna happen sometimes where the leader is almost impossible to catch and we pray for cautions.

But hell of alot better than f1 where there are no changes and leader can never be caught. Lol. That sport ain't even racing imo cause they don't race. It's just who has best car dominTes And can't be caught. Might as well have time trials to determine the winner.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

And more I think about new chase format more I like it. Like the knockouts cause basically they would never catch leader anyways.

And honestead is is gonna be AWSOME watching final 4 go at it.

But still not fair, lets say Jimmie has dominated and has most wins all year and at homestead he finishes 3rd and loses to car that came into it in 4th with not as good of a season.

But on the other hand, that's what makes NFL great. It's down to 1 game and any1 can still win no matter who has the best regular season.

A lot more exciting than Jimmie needing to ride around and finish 15th to win it I guess. Makes it exciting too. Just starting to see it from other side too. I son like u win and ur in. But also there's gonna be teams doinf anything and everything just to grab 1 win. Might be more racing hard and moving leader out if he way. I'm ok wih more action.

We are Just gonna have to see how ur shakes out. We might all love it by years end who knows.

Bur whoever wins early in the season, what's their insentive to keep winning? Better seeding come chase time I guess. Plus they still are keeping points like always. Just wins mean a shit load more now. Would be a big advantage to start up front to make sure u can have a bad race and not get knockout early in the chase I guess
    Last edited by 5mike5; 02-12-14 at 10:34 AM.

Jmac926

Yeah my initial reaction was I hated it. My first thought was guys are going to be blowing engines and running like shit from turning into and r&d car after they win one race. But hopefully not, I dont think kyle could ever not race for a win. Im thinking around 10 wins from kyle,kurt, and kevin combined.
    Like u say it will probably grow on us and we might end up loving it.

Old tires make for great racing for sure. and the worst thing about these new paves is, does this new pavement ever wear? How long has darlington been repaved 5-6 years and guys are still taking no tires and two tires almost every stop.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

U agree about Kyle tearing it up his season, but can't agree anout harvick and Kurt Busch. Gonna be a rough 1at year with those guys on the same team imo. They may win and will be ok the chase ,,.BUT my other picks besides Kyle is KESLOWSKI and DENNY HAMLIN. I think those 2 have just MONSTER years on 2014 season. Back it a hunch but I really believe 18,11,and 2 will shine. Brad actually my fav to win the cup title of Kyle doesn't. .

uncle vinny
    uncle vinny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

early plays for unlimited.

jr @7 for 3units
    hambo @13 for 4 units

danica over steanhouse 3 units

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

the greek have posted their unlimited odds:

which means 5dimes odds should be posted at latest by tomorrow, and we all know their odds will be slightly better as well
    Attached Images  

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    the greek have posted their unlimited odds:

which means 5dimes odds should be posted at latest by tomorrow, and we all know their odds will be slightly better as well
    5 under 10-1

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

u could not PAY ME to bet dale Jr. at 7-1 at any track even with a limited field...my god whats he doing up as a fav!

but dimes will be better as usual, but not better by enough to matter probably on most drivers....maybe raceday on the mid packers and longer-shots they might be though...always are just not the favs usually

im not betting my usual amount like i will on anyn regualr points paying race and that includes plate races, if i lost a few thousand on an exibition race like the unlimited id jump off the local bridge....i only like to deposit once if possible, even thoug its a small car price tag i also might have me a smaller loaded book just in case of emergency or i bet a fav last minute at dimes that been bet on already

but seriously, 99% of books would boot my arse within 1 month and thats just a fact and probably don't have the limits i am looking for anyways

still gonna be fun and bet enough to make good $ if i win and get pumped up for my 1st paycheck of the season....even though i usually don't do well with speed weeks like i do the regular plate races for whatever reason

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

im ready to here the engines fire up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Images  
    Last edited by 5mike5; 02-12-14 at 06:10 PM.

JayHorne3
    1 Budlight Please
    JayHorne3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by uncle vinny View Post
    early plays for unlimited.

jr @7 for 3units
    hambo @13 for 4 units

danica over steanhouse 3 units
    I am a Junior fan, but I cannot bet him anymore at the restrictor plate races. He is always a favorite and has only won just once (2008 Bud Shootout - Unlimited) in nearly the last decade. A lot of 2nd place finishes, but just one victory.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Hard to bet him I agree, on top of that at +700 even with a light field.

And the 500 he is currently like 10-1. Some odds makers for NASCAR are just clueless. Even though they still make a Killing I the sport. Lol. Go figure
    Last edited by 5mike5; 02-13-14 at 12:16 AM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Sprint Cup Sprint Unlimited
    Fri 2/14 5:00PM
    all drivers have action
    Kevin Harvick +725
    Dale Earnhardt Jr +725
    Matt Kenseth +725
    Jimmie Johnson +800
    Kyle Busch +800
    Jeff Gordon +1100
    Kurt Busch +1100
    Brad Keselowski +1200
    Denny Hamlin +1250
    Tony Stewart +1350
    Jamie McMurray +1700
    Joey Logano +1800
    Carl Edwards +1800
    Ryan Newman +2600
    Danica Patrick +3500
    Ricky Stenhouse Jr +3600
    Marcos Ambrose +5000
    Terry Labonte +7500

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Only ones that look bettable to me, on price;

Brad Keselowski +1200
    Denny Hamlin +1250
    Tony Stewart +1350
    Jamie McMurray +1700
    Joey Logano +1800
    Carl Edwards +1800
    Ryan Newman +2600

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Only ones that look bettable to me, on price;

Brad Keselowski +1200
    Denny Hamlin +1250
    Tony Stewart +1350
    Jamie McMurray +1700
    Joey Logano +1800
    Carl Edwards +1800
    Ryan Newman +2600
    Yeah I agree opti. the favs are too low for my taste for an exibition race. Only would consider kennseth just because he dominates here last few years. I'm only taking a few overall. Least that's the plan. But odds will change on raceday so never know things may swing a few here and there

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Thank god ODDS ARE UP @ 5DIMES!!!!!!!

sneaking them in in middle of the night eh?!?!? Nice try!!!

They forget get I don't sleep during the season!!!!!!!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Won't have to worry about if they are carrying the unlimited. Thank god. Phew.

With some of those odds maybe I may take 1-2 more if I take several longshots . Having to restrain myself by only taking a few for the 500 so far

FINALLY I feel like the season is here!!!!!!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

They also put up a few qualifying matchups for the 500 for Jayhorne and Vegas to look over.

Probably more later.

Jmac926

Looks like someone already hit the dillion q matchup, its -160. Its -130 at greek but I cant play there. Only other one I would lean would be kurt over kevin as kevin generally will sacrifice a little speed for handling, but im not laying 25 cents on plate Q run. Might parlay the 2 for something to pull for on Q day.

Vegas39

They also put up a few qualifying matchups for the 500 for Jayhorne and Vegas to look over.

Probably more later.
    Will look over this morning for sure

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Just 2 more days boys and we are burning goodyears!!!!!!

hell yeah!!!!!!

Vegas39

couple Qualifying ones I like are

Brad over Joey +100

Carl over Biff +105

uncle vinny

Hard to bet him I agree, on top of that at +700 even with a light field.

And the 500 he is currently like 10-1. Some odds makers for NASCAR are just clueless. Even though they still make a Killing I the sport. Lol. Go figure
    why would you say clueless? ( btw, i agree as it pertains to nascar with the exception of LVH) a few years back at the vegas race the whole town had jr at 7/1 (no chance in hell of winning) and people were 6 deep with their jr gear on betting him. why would you make him 10/1 when 7/1 takes action. seems kinda smart to me.

and hell for that matter i got him this week at 7/1. not same as vegas, but some times you just gotta take what you can get

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

No sometimes if the odds aret right u don't bet it. Imo.

And hell yes oddsmakers are clueless when it comes to odds they post. Dale at 10-1 or worse for the 500? LOL. That's being clueless. HE SHOULD NEVER BE A RACE Fav odds wise. I know more than they soabout every aspect of this sport. And I'm glad because that why I can make a living betting on it. If they had a clue my betting system would never work.

Jr gets bet on for 1 reason and 1 reaso only. His name. His fans. People that know the sport wouldn't bet dale he more Han 2-3 times a year and that's if he's a LONGSHOT (imo).

Im not talking about u that's just my take. He's always overvalued and there's NO reason on earth for it. The guy has 1 win in like 5 years. That says it all for me. I mean I've bet him a few times too even at the 500 but it was a mistake. Other time was Michigan when he won. And maybe 2 other times In There if the price is right.

ill never get his odds almost every week besides the road courses
    Last edited by 5mike5; 02-13-14 at 10:56 AM.

uncle vinny

im with ya, ive bought 4 condos because of nascar and have no interest in teaching the books about what i do, however, if they know jr is getting bet and for that matter danica ( for the 500) then protect the house and make him low. when i ran i book, we had a guy that bet klye petty every week, we knew he was coming so we listed klye at 75/1 instead of the 500 he should have been. just like in football, if you know everyone in reno is going to bet the 49ers then make the line 5 instead of 3. same thing

1234 ... Last