uncle vinny
    uncle vinny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Plus at chase cutoff last year we had 13 different winners. Not a stitch that could be more this year with rule changes
    Ill bet any amount we dont have 16 different winners.

Thanks crony for your input..you, once again are spot on

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

we shall see I think its a possibility this year . Once teams locked in you will see them experimenting.

Jay nailed it 10X worse than BCS

Jmac926
    Jmac926's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1458

Sounds like no one here is favor of this and add me to the list. Honestly dont think the drivers like it either, but they have to be very careful with what they say.
    My main concern is the betting standpoint, as nascar has been almost half my income for 10 years. The scary thing is how much will guys push their engines,tires,camber etc after they win one race. No matter how good a guy looks leading up to the race, if he has already won, he may be really pushing the limits with his car.
    Hopefully it wont effect things too much, and I could definitely see more longshots coming in.

The winner take all last race is what is just making me sick. I guess you could say the patriots won every game and still went into the superbowl tied, but so many more variables in one stock car race to one football game. All in all I Hate it!!

Vegas39

Jmac I agree hate that final race scenario

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28781

Plus at chase cutoff last year we had 13 different winners. Not a stitch that could be more this year with rule changes
    Definitely possible to have that many b4 the cutoff. Guys that win early are in the chase so believe me it won't be the effort to win like usual

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

ok was just reading under this new system had it been in place last year your champ would've been Dale jr

http://nascarnomics.com/appendix-points/
    There we go, finally a reason!

Quote Originally Posted by uncle vinny View Post
    Do you guys really think there will be 16 winners
    I think that's what NASCAR wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac926 View Post
    how much will guys push their engines,tires,camber etc after they win one race.
    It's truly going to suck if we need to cap how likely a driver is to sandbag each week.

Plus it will suck for fans who turn up to a race to see their guy not try as hard as they could.

At least we have sponsor demands pushing them to keep trying. Maybe.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    Definitely possible to have that many b4 the cutoff. Guys that win early are in the chase so believe me it won't be the effort to win like usual
    Plus in my opinion some will win who didn't last year

Brad- He will win I do believe

Hamlin- should be a bounce back if healthy

Kurt- In much better equipment

Ambrose - always a road course threat

Bowyer- Not out of realm he wins one

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Can't wait to see how it effects the bottom by years end.

If I make more $ than last 2 maybe I will like.

Vegas39

So say Michael Waltrip wins Daytona will he then run full season

uncle vinny

Even helton couldnt keep a straight face... choking on every question. What a cluster..

uncle vinny

No way 16 differant drivers win a race in 2014. Ill take all bets...not points..cash only. My god.. best and most respected forum..come on

Vegas39

No way 16 differant drivers win a race in 2014. Ill take all bets...not points..cash only. My god.. best and most respected forum..come on

Booking bets will get you banned

JayHorne3
    1 Budlight Please
    JayHorne3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

So say Michael Waltrip wins Daytona will he then run full season
    I thought about the same scenario

uncle vinny

My bad..never mind...just sayn...change the tracks if they dont want jj to win..

Would never want to get banned...gosh

JayHorne3
    1 Budlight Please

It's not even about 16 different drivers possibly winning. It is the spots those potential winners would take. Take last year for example, how the hell can you even rationalize David Ragan being in the chase over Brad Keselowski? (the defending Sprint Cup Champion). Because that would have been the case had the system been in place last year. I think it is flat out embarrassing that I could turn on my TV in September and NASCAR is announcing Danica, David Gilliland, or a David Ragan has made the "Chase" (aka playoffs) because they got a win at a restrictor plate track but averaged 30th for the remainder of the year. Or another anamoly where someone gambles for gas to beat the field and steal a victory, which will be what every 20th + driver will be doing every week now in hopes to hit pay dirt.

uncle vinny

Quote Originally Posted by JayHorne3 View Post
    It's not even about 16 different drivers possibly winning. It i

s the spots those potential winners would take. Take last year for example, how the hell can you even rationalize David Ragan being in the chase over Brad Keselowski? (the defending Sprint Cup Champion). Because that would have been the case had the system been in place last year. I think it is flat out embarrassing that I could turn on my TV in September and NASCAR is announcing Danica, David Gilliland, or a David Ragan has made the "Chase" (aka playoffs) because they got a win at a restrictor plate track but averaged 30th for the remainder of the year. Or another anamoly where someone gambles for gas to beat the field and steal a victory, which will be what every 20th + driver will be doing every week now in hopes to hit pay dirt.
    Brad would have been in..as posted earlier only 13 guys won races..after that its points. And as i stated..im sure after 3 races in chase..brad would have advanced because the knuckleheads would be out after chicago nh and dover...now the chase starts. So its 7 races instead of 10...same result til they change the tracks

JayHorne3
    1 Budlight Please

Brad would have been in..as posted earlier only 13 guys won races..after that its points. And as i stated..im sure after 3 races in chase..brad would have advanced because the knuckleheads would be out after chicago nh and dover...now the chase starts. So its 7 races instead of 10...same result til they change the tracks
    Yeh you are right about Brad K, but it still makes me want to puke thinking about some of those names could earn a bid to the chase. NASCAR is also going to screw up with the 1 race for the Championship attempt, so many ways that is going to blow up. May not happen this year, then again it may. But how long before a cut tire at Homestead causes someone like Jimmie an 8th championship, or teams start pulling their Richmond strategies out at Homestead to help another teammate?

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by JayHorne3 View Post
    It's not even about 16 different drivers possibly winning. It is the spots those potential winners would take. Take last year for example, how the hell can you even rationalize David Ragan being in the chase over Brad Keselowski? (the defending Sprint Cup Champion). Because that would have been the case had the system been in place last year. I think it is flat out embarrassing that I could turn on my TV in September and NASCAR is announcing Danica, David Gilliland, or a David Ragan has made the "Chase" (aka playoffs) because they got a win at a restrictor plate track but averaged 30th for the remainder of the year. Or another anamoly where someone gambles for gas to beat the field and steal a victory, which will be what every 20th + driver will be doing every week now in hopes to hit pay dirt.
    yes will be like hitting lottery for teams like say Mears or Nemechek

JayHorne3
    1 Budlight Please

yes will be like hitting lottery for teams like say Mears or Nemechek

GP
    GP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 864

Q: Will this new format put more emphasis on winning?
    A: For Teams to get their 1st win in the regular season and each playoff segment, absolutely. For Teams to get their 2nd and subsequent wins in the regular season and each playoff segment? Who knows?

Q: Will this new format generate more fan interest?

A1: For the Homestead race, no doubt about it.
    A2: For the Chase races, more than likely. Particularly for the 3rd, 6th and 9th races.
    A3: For the regular season, maybe/maybe not.

The bigger question is:
    Q: What net effect will this change have on diehard fans compared to casual and new fans? In other words, what will be the aggregate of the number of diehard fans lost and merchandise sales lost compared to those gained by additional casual and new fans? Will this be positive or negative?
    A: We will see.

----------

IMO, We don’t need a fabricated Game 7 moment to be manufactured in the final race of the season. I don’t like this change. Moreover, I don’t like a playoffs-like Chase. However, I am trying to be positive about the latest format, since there is no fighting it. So I will take a wait and see and then I told you so attitude.

The Championship to me has always been about Wins and consistency. If I was in charge, I would get rid of the Chase and Points-racing entirely. The Cup would go to whoever had the most Wins at the end of the year. Period. End of story. In the case of a tie in number of wins, then the Team with the best average finish among those with the most Wins would be Champion.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Calm down vinnie.

The reason this nascar forum is the most respected, is proven RESULTS Pal. So go elsewhere there are plenty of forum with racing section ghost towns.

Now u come on pal. Non offense but u haven't proven shit around here and have a very long way to get there
    Last edited by 5mike5; 01-30-14 at 11:52 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vegas39

Chicago Joe
    Chicago Joe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 434

As a fan, I agree that this new format is awful. As a sports better, this new system could allow big dogs a shot at winning. Last year Harvick ran well during the Chase, now Dillon in the same car is at 100-1. I never would have considered Dillon without this new format.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Chicago Joe 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Joe View Post
    As a fan, I agree that this new format is awful. As a sports better, this new system could allow big dogs a shot at winning. Last year Harvick ran well during the Chase, now Dillon in the same car is at 100-1. I never would have considered Dillon without this new format.
    Well at least someone spotted a positive from the mess for us!

Vegas39

I agree we will see some longer odds come in. As stated earlier for smaller teams and underfunded ones this is a lottery ticket

uncle vinny

Plus in my opinion some will win who didn't last year

Brad- He will win I do believe

Hamlin- should be a bounce back if healthy

Kurt- In much better equipment

Ambrose - always a road course threat

Bowyer- Not out of realm he wins one
    those are good points...but lets take out some truex? vickers? regan?

uncle vinny

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    Calm down vinnie.

The reason this nascar forum is the most respected, is proven RESULTS Pal. So go elsewhere there are plenty of forum with racing section ghost towns.

Now u come on pal. Non offense but u haven't proven shit around here and have a very long way to get there
    sorry to step on the toes, just trying add some perspective to the situation. i dont think guys will back off after they win one, if anything they still have the bonus points going into the first round and those could be handy if they blow and engine at chicago in the frist race. i think we have less then 16 winners and at the end the power teams will be there. if they want a "game 7" moment then put dega as the last race and let those 4 go at it....then again in that sceniero some one might get killed.

uncle vinny

I agree we will see some longer odds come in. As stated earlier for smaller teams and underfunded ones this is a lottery ticket
    i dont see the lottery ticket aspect. are you talking just to make the chase or they have a chance to win a race because others may not be giving 100%? lets assume that ambrose or dillion or larson win a race...their performance at chi, nh and dover will leave them out after 3 races anyway. ive looked back at the schedule and had time to digest this (since i play alot of future bets) i honestly think it helps me narrow down the feild. the trick this year will be to have the 4 guys left at homestead and i really dont see any surprises, in fact the consistant guys will be there

Optional

We had 15 different winners in the first 26 races last year. And 17 overall.

Brian Vickers
    Carl Edwards
    David Ragan
    Denny Hamlin
    Greg Biffle
    Jeff Gordon
    Jimmie Johnson
    Joey Logano
    Kasey Kahne
    Kevin Harvick
    Kyle Busch
    Martin Truex, Jr.
    Matt Kenseth
    Ryan Newman
    Tony Stewart

Brad Keselowski
    Jamie McMurray

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    We had 15 different winners in the first 26 races last year. And 17 overall.

Brian Vickers
    Carl Edwards
    David Ragan
    Denny Hamlin
    Greg Biffle
    Jeff Gordon
    Jimmie Johnson
    Joey Logano
    Kasey Kahne
    Kevin Harvick
    Kyle Busch
    Martin Truex, Jr.
    Matt Kenseth
    Ryan Newman
    Tony Stewart

Brad Keselowski
    Jamie McMurray
    Actually 13 and 17

Hamlin and Gordon only won in the chase too.

Weird to have 4 1st time winners for the year over 10 chase races come to think.

Vegas39

What I meant by a lottery shot has nothing to do with a well funded team. Which is what Dilion and Larson are on. Meant extra revenue even 3 chase races would bring a Ragan team
    Last edited by Vegas39; 01-31-14 at 10:34 AM.

uncle vinny

brad won at charlotte and jamie won at dega

Vegas39

brad won at charlotte and jamie won at dega

Yes changed it forgot both won in chase

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Joe View Post
    U have a point joe. I posted earlier any and every team will try crazy strategy even at tracks that want usually considered strategy tracks. Not to mention might see a wreck or 2 of the leader on purpose late on short tracks from longshots. I always take longshots every week so I don't mind. As long as that's only difference.

We we might all have a betting/learning curve for 1st month or 2 to see if anything changes on the track or at least how much I'd any.

i think maybe tougher cause after u get that WIN, just not sure how the team and driver are gonna approach racing hard because they are in or go into R and D mode for the chase earlier than ever. Guess we are all just gonna have to see. It's NOT gonna make it any easier that much I think is a fact. And its hard enough week in and week out as it is. Lol

But I agree probably have a couple more surprise winners than usual on the 1.5s and 2 mile tracks. Don't think any others will matter. Which is fine with me. We usually hit 3-5 really nice longshots a year anyways so upping that # just makes more money and I'm all for that

Optional

Kyle seems to be the only person with driver or media credentials saying what they think.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1a...e-format_sport

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

I'm with everyone else here, don't like this change at all. But hey, I hate the previous chase system and wish we went back to every race counting equally.

Since these changes are all about trying to keep Nascar relevant during the NFL season, and in the long run, will not work. I wish they would just bite the bullet and reduce the the season to 26 races. IMO this is the only long term fix that will keep nascar viable, but no way tracks will want to give up a date and no way nascar will be willing to reduce the tv contracts like that.

First 123 Last