Betpoints: 2338

We are getting closer and closer to Daytona

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28986

Quote Originally Posted by DDT View Post
    We are getting closer and closer to Daytona
    oh hell yes. I'm ready, setup, and just trying pass my time everyday.

Time for all the big $ to start its yearly migration to my bank account. If u look out at a certain time of night u may catch a glimpse of it. LMAO

Chicago Joe
    Chicago Joe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 434

Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    NASCAR considering overhaul of points, Chase
    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...nts-chase.html
    NASCAR opened a can of worms with Boyer’s spin out, nobody wants to race hard if it means getting involved with a Chase contender. Good example was Talladega, nobody wanted to get involved with Johnson or Kenseth at the end, making it an easy win for McMurray.

A great Chase race makes for a uneventful race.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post

Still get bonus points for wins. Ask Edwards how those matter. No issue with elimination as it always works out as usually after 4 or 5 chase races it's down to 3-4 drivers .

Opti thought you'd like 1 road course win and Ambrose in chase
    Ha... Been saying to Mike I suspect this will be my boys last year. Unless he can win a lot more than 1 road race.

I think he would receive so much derision getting in on 1 win and no other results it wouldn't be worth it anyway.

But you're right the eliminations would not really make much difference, top 8 left after 6 races is plenty... it's the last race being between 4 on equal points that sucks the most.

Imagine how much money/work/time will go into a special car for that race. And the temptation to push the boundaries. It would be a big chance the "champ" of the race would be disqualified I think. If they are honest with inspections for it.

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    oh hell yes. I'm ready, setup, and just trying pass my time everyday.

Time for all the big $ to start its yearly migration to my bank account. If u look out at a certain time of night u may catch a glimpse of it. LMAO
    Just saw the money truck leaving Fort Worth and headed to TN
    Points Awarded:

5mike5 gave DDT 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Just saw the money truck leaving Fort Worth and headed to TN
    last year it broke down and didnt get here til march

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

the only part i really hate is the winner take all on the last race between the last 4 drivers standing

that just might be the dumbest thing i may have ever heard in my entire life....

leave it alone nascar u idiots

rob
    rob's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6701

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Geez, do they have a drunken party and think up a new points system each NYE at NASCAR HQ?!

I like the idea of encouraging wins... but what happens for motivation to win a 2nd race? Or even run well after you are locked in. Can see plenty of teams that could see a win as an excuse to save money until the chase starts.

And having a whole 36 race season come down to 1 race, no matter how well you do in the other 35... yuk.
    Good point.

Also, I think it would encourage manipulation of race finishes by teams, just not as blatantly as MWR did last year.

It would be conceivable that a driver with a win could be told prior to a race that if he is racing a teammate for the lead late in the race, it would be in the best interest of the team if he let the other driver win.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

i hope we dont have the usual 5-6 morons show up in the forum for the 500 or a max of 3 races and then disappear when they cant hang...

so annoying

Optional

Bah humbug ya old grump. ;-)

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Bah humbug ya old grump. ;-)
    Sorry just a pet peeve of mine. We have had a total of about 3 great additions that are worthy and that's it since I joined here years ago and evey1 knows who they are. GP, jay, JackalLion, and I'm sure I missed 1-2 more if I think for a few minutes those just came to mind.

Then we get the usual 10-30 new know it alls that don't help every single year. And leave by march races. Srry but we have something very special I want to keep it that way.

I don't know why it's just annoying to have the clutter. I like our forum the way it is, runs, and profits,and no offense to anybody but we are already the cream if the crop and and don't need any1 else. LOL. And after they see that they all leave anyways.

Damn that does sound grumpy doesn't it.
    Last edited by 5mike5; 01-20-14 at 08:41 AM.

Optional

LOL, no need to apologize. You are the one they ask questions of.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

LOL, no need to apologize. You are the one they ask questions of.
    Brillant anyone one new asks anything I'm just gonna say ask Mike

Optional

Like "get on chat with Tony and tell him"

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3523

Lol! Apparently, I honestly dont see how you can be all that knowledgable about who wins most of these races, there a total crap shot most of the time.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Lol! Apparently, I honestly dont see how you can be all that knowledgable about who wins most of these races, there a total crap shot most of the time.
    Well I am.

Its much more than a crapshoot my friend. Newbies might think that like u used to myself. U just have to know what u are doing and put in long hrs every week doing the perperation work. Takes a very long time to get to where I can say that and I've proven it

U can't make the money every single year like i do if it was a crapshoot every or even most races.
    Last edited by 5mike5; 01-20-14 at 07:07 PM.

Vegas39

So the Greek posted these wonder if 5dimes will

Driver To Win Rookie Of The Year FEB 23, 2014 | 10:00 AM
    Austin Dillon -125
    Kyle Larson +200
    Justin Allgaier +800
    Michael Annett +2500
    Field +800
    Must start in the Daytona 500 for action.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    Well I am.

Its much more than a crapshoot my friend. Newbies might think that like u used to myself. U just have to know what u are doing and put in long hrs every week doing the perperation work. Takes a very long time to get to where I can say that and I've proven it

U can't make the money every single year like i do if it was a crapshoot every or even most races.
    I hear you do you actually pick outright winners or do group bets,like say when you pick one driver out of a group of drivers to get the best finish in the race.

If you fellas just want to make picks on your own, thats cool.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

My system is picking around. 4-5 drivers depending in odds. And also take several longshot added on to those other picks. Its a system I came up with myself after not making $ for first few years if betting on it and have made great $ every since. 5-6 years in a row. It's more to it than just picking a few I spend about 25-35 hours every week on each upcoming race. Have notebooks on every single driver and racetrack and watch past races b4 the week from last 4-5 races at each weeks track. It's really pretty complicated system and of course a lot depends on the odds. If u stick around it will be easier to understand when the season starts. Also not for bettors that just play smaller cause it really works best if ur willing to risk a lot most every weeks. Is not for everybody but its worked for me for years so I stick with it. It has ups and downs like everything , but at the seasons end I've always made great $ using the system. But again, I spend easily 25+ hours prepping every single week for every race.

I also use use a cover bet about 1/2 the time but too hard to explain right now and a lot of others started using that too. Kinda like if that pick wins u push and break even for the race

Like u said lots of variables in NASCAR,( like all sports really) and anything can happen. But there's also ways to have a leg up looking at past history at tracks, tires, watching previous races, ect. Like you know. The only crapshoot are plate races, and even those u can get an edge on but still those I even consider crapshoots. But boy they pay well! We hit raga at 150-1 last season even. But there was a reason I picked him also, wasn't a guess. Well over 1/2 the wins are 12-1 and worse odds winners. Betting favs will kill u in this sport

Most people just look at driver stats like where drives finish races and practice times and qualifying which are the BIGGEST mistakes gamblers make capping this sport BY FAR

This group of 6-8 regulars are the best there is. Period. We don't all bet the same or use the same system to do so. But they ALL are the most knowledgable NASCAR guys I've ever seen and I learn a lot and have gotten a lot better with them here.

im not a guru i need their help almost weekly. We are a team, but never all have the same picks or anything. But I put in a lot of work to be good at this sport. Be it, I'm not good at any other sport though. Average at football and dont even at any others really. Lol. I've only made maybe 4 total bets all NASCAR offseason cause I have to be $ smart til NASCAR starts up again
    Last edited by 5mike5; 01-20-14 at 08:17 PM.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

I also make tweaks to my system pretty much every year.

Lasy at season I started playing open 2-3 a lot open parlays with only big odds picks and make an absolute killing off those so I'm gonna add that in as well tho season. Those are fun, cheap, and almost all payout between 20 and 45 to 1 odds. Adds up fast only laying 50-100 on them a week. Only try 2 a week usually.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

And I think we only lost maybe 6-7 nationwide races the entire year only picking 2 or maybe 3 drivers if we added a longshot at most every week besides the plate race.

I mean we couldn't miss on the nationwide series. Brought us ALL in a boat load of money every week of the season almost

packerd_00

Wow so you put quite alot of of work into your picks,im willing to give it a try,still got a big bet on Denver to win the SB if they come through ill have abit of doe to play with for the Nascar Season.

I use to do the Nascar Futures but there really isnt alot of value in them,Johnson is always the heavy favourite going into the season.

You had Ragan at 150-1 seriously,jesus what other Sport can you win with those sorts of odds. How much did you guys end up winning.

Ive been following Nascar for a very along time so im heavy into the Sport. I wouldnt be here and then gone the next,if you need me to contribute im totally down for that,whatever suits you.

Which Book do you guys use for the Nascar,I use Bet365 for mine,I think they do the Nationwide.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 01-20-14 at 08:34 PM.

packerd_00

Hopefully Brad Keselowski has a bounce back season eh!

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge

Wow so you put quite alot of of work into your picks,im willing to give it a try,still got a big bet on Denver to win the SB if they come through ill have abit of doe to play with for the Nascar Season.

I use to do the Nascar Futures but there really isnt alot of value in them,Johnson is always the heavy favourite going into the season.

You had Ragan at 150-1 seriously,jesus what other Sport can you win with those sorts of odds. How much did you guys end up winning.

Ive been following Nascar for a very along time so im heavy into the Sport. I wouldnt be here and then gone the next,if you need me to contribute im totally down for that,whatever suits you.

Which Book do you guys use for the Nascar,I use Bet365 for mine,I think they do the Nationwide.

5 Dimes my friend. The Ragan bet was the only long shot I didn't play

When I saw it I was like this mofo is crazy to think he can win....well he did....won a lot of $$$

packerd_00

5 Dimes my friend. The Ragan bet was the only long shot I didn't play

When I saw it I was like this mofo is crazy to think he can win....well he did....won a lot of $$$
    Ok cool, damn that must have pissed you off royally, Jamie McMurray always seems like a good outsider to pick at Daytona. Did you bet on Trevor Bayne when he got that win at Daytona a few years ago.

I think its hard because there are so many scrubs that can end up winning at a Restrictor Plate race, I remember even Dave Blaney had a great shot at winning I cant remember if it was Dega or Daytona a couple of years ago.

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge

Ok cool, damn that must have pissed you off royally, Jamie McMurray always seems like a good outsider to pick at Daytona. Did you bet on Trevor Bayne when he got that win at Daytona a few years ago.

I think its hard because there are so many scrubs that can end up winning at a Restrictor Plate race, I remember even Dave Blaney had a great shot at winning I cant remember if it was Dega or Daytona a couple of years ago.
    They are tough to bet but pay really well if you hit them. Make the smart play and throw a little on the guy who drives the #4 car (can't seem to think of his name)

packerd_00

They are tough to bet but pay really well if you hit them. Make the smart play and throw a little on the guy who drives the #4 car (can't seem to think of his name)
    Old Happy Harvick, cant go wrong with him at Daytona.

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge

Old Happy Harvick, cant go wrong with him at Daytona.
    I like you already

Vegas39

Will Harvick even win a race this year

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

So the Greek posted these wonder if 5dimes will

Driver To Win Rookie Of The Year FEB 23, 2014 | 10:00 AM
    Austin Dillon -125
    Kyle Larson +200
    Justin Allgaier +800
    Michael Annett +2500
    Field +800
    Must start in the Daytona 500 for action.
    Id have to take Larson. Even with less equipment he can drive circles around dillon.

None of those rookies should even be in cup imo

Vegas39

Ok Mike gotta ask why the Dillion hate

packerd_00

I like you already
    Thanks! dude appreciate that.

packerd_00

Im a Logano fan guys,hope thats cool.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 01-21-14 at 09:49 AM.

Optional

Im a Logano fan guys, hope thats cool.
    We can't all be perfect. ;-)

Will Harvick even win a race this year
    Harvick to take Over 1½ wins.

First 1234 Last