firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

For vickers and Boyer incidents

Crony
    Update your status
    Crony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take a real inspector to get to the bottom of what happened.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

wow really!

well sad thing is thy cant do shit for newman as far as getting into the chase, BUT....

***they could penalize Clint to the point that he might as well not be in the chase, if they docked him 25pts or more

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Would not think NASCAR would open this can of worms if they did not plan to penalize.

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

I hope they nail his ass to the wall

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Like mike said cant really do much but cripple Bowyers chances at championship .

Vegas39

Holy shit

BREAKING: Newman in, Truex out among MWR penalties. 300k MWR fine. All 3 drivers docked 50 points. Ty Norris suspended indefinitely.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Wow. Truex in out and Newman in!!!!!!!!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Just STUNNING news. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

Great news!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

How stupid do u feel now Clint bowyer ???

ur chase changes are OVER

wiw NASCAR deserves an award for doing the right thing here. UNPRECIDENTED to say the least!!!!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Would not think NASCAR would open this can of worms if they did not plan to penalize.
    Can was not only opened, they ate all worms

Vegas39

If I am understanding point deduction is before chase seeding on Bowyer

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    If I am understanding point deduction is before chase seeding on Bowyer
    That makes alot more sense so yes that definTely the case. But wow they have the prof they needed.

like I said over an over again, u can't let the chase be decided by teammates FLOPPING

Vegas39

They will be scrambling to fill roles for crew chiefs. Wouldn't rule out Gordon taking a shot at Bowyer during chase either

Optional

NASCAR may be heavy handed sometimes. But have to applaud them for moving quickly and decisively in this.

They drew a line and now the teams know not be stupid about team work.

If this happend in F1 there would 3 months of hearings and another year of teams suing the FIA to stop them being panalized at all.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    NASCAR may be heavy handed sometimes. But have to applaud them for moving quickly and decisively in this.

They drew a line and now the teams know not be stupid about team work.

If this happend in F1 there would 3 months of hearings and another year of teams suing the FIA to stop them being panalized at all.

Last sentence hilarious

rob
    rob's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Props to NASCAR for coming down hard on this one. Hitting them hard on the first infraction should make teams think twice about doing it in the future. Gotta maintain some integrity in the sport.
    I like the MWR drivers, but it couldn't happen to a better owner, IMO. All the sucking up to NASCAR that Mikey has done in the past didn't help much here.

rob
    rob's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    Props to NASCAR for coming down hard on this one. Hitting them hard on the first infraction should make teams think twice about doing it in the future. Gotta maintain some integrity in the sport.
    I like the MWR drivers, but it couldn't happen to a better owner, IMO. All the sucking up to NASCAR that Mikey has done in the past didn't help much here.
    Actually, I'm not that high on Bowyer anymore. But I certainly feel for Truex. He had no idea what was going on.

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Bravo NASCAR. Quick, decisive decision is great to see.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Bowyer not getting penalized in a way that matters is bs. And Gordon winds up the real loser in this ordeal (I'm no Gordon fan, but man he got the shaft).... Glad drag queen Mikey is feeling this one; this was all on his orders and he knew exactly what had happened given his "you've got great teammates" comment to Truex after the race.... Lost a lot of respect for truex and bowyer, two drivers I previously pulled for. Mikey, I've always that this guy was a flake and a homo...... glad to see him take some financial pain outta the deal.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    Actually, I'm not that high on Bowyer anymore. But I certainly feel for Truex. He had no idea what was going on.
    i totally agree, really like bowyer on and outside of the track.....but ive noe losy totl respect fpt bboyer ass a frivt and as anab, as i have for MWR overall...i mean they admitted to it!

and i hope the GM robby riser that is suspended indefinately, never gets to come back...its just makes the chase look like a complete joke when drivers dont race their way in fair and square

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Yep, definately should have thrown Bowyer from the chase as well. That would scare any team from trying any BS like that in the future.

MWR have always been cheats! Remember they got caught at Daytona in their very first race. Classy bunch they are.

Crony
    Update your status
    Crony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only reason Gordon was in position to make the chase was Johnson's spin/caution. Timing was very fortunate.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by MatI View Post
    Yep, definately should have thrown Bowyer from the chase as well. That would scare any team from trying any BS like that in the future.

MWR have always been cheats! Remember they got caught at Daytona in their very first race. Classy bunch they are.
    Did anyone read the official findings?

I haven't but wonder if they made any finding about of Bowyer spun out on purpose or not?

Thinking about it, if they do say he spun out on purpose then I think he got off very lightly. But I bet they avoided saying that.

Benching him for the rest of the year is 'really' an appropriate punishment for that if i try and put myself in the shoes of a 'judge'.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Crony View Post
    Only reason Gordon was in position to make the chase was Johnson's spin/caution. Timing was very fortunate.
    And the door already creeps open.

Start trying to police team work and you start accusations flying, plus turn the entire field into sneaky cheats weekly.

Just make it clear wrecking on purpose is not team work. Its cheating in the same way throwing your water bottle on the track to try and bring a caution is. Or intentionally wrecking your team mate's rival.

Personally Vickers pitting is just fine by me.

Another thing I find interesting is that a big time driver would be able to be coerced into doing that...

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Bowyer's crew chief was heard on the radio asking him didn't his arm itch, shouldn't he scratch it? And Jr said over his radio right after Bowyer's spin that it looked deliberate, that Bowyer was on his breaks, slowing down as to try and spin but not do a lot of damage.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    Bowyer's crew chief was heard on the radio asking him didn't his arm itch, shouldn't he scratch it? And Jr said over his radio right after Bowyer's spin that it looked deliberate, that Bowyer was on his breaks, slowing down as to try and spin but not do a lot of damage.
    Oh I know it was fully obvious. Just wondered exactly what NASCAR said. Guess i'll have to go looking for myself if i want an answer

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

NASCAR said the most significant piece if evident was Brian vickers pitting again to help even more and u can hear vickers saying "I have to pit? Now? Why? And u can head over radio chief say truex needs the point." Said they couldn't prove bowyer spin was intentional which u would have to be mildly retarded not to know that.
    i think Gordon really got screwed in this deal. NASCAR should have went further imo. And bowyer had nothing at all happen to him

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

But would bowyer still intentionally spin out his car if he was leading the race

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

who knows, guess it dpeends if it would have helped truex out....and him throwing away 3 bonus pts

listened to the radio communication between bowyer and especially vickers was fasinating

i mean my grandmother, god rest her soul, course have covered upm their intentions better of the radio...vickers chief just came right out and said what they were doing

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

It reminds me of massa and alonso a couple yrs ago where massa was told to let alonso past

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

WOW talk about ANOTHER HUGE blow to MWR that might be in the works"

2 of WMR's racing sponsors have BOTH decided to review if they will continue their relationshsips with the nascar organization after trying to mipulte the richmond race and overall the chase for the championship...
    those 2 companies are their biggest sponsor overall by FAR NAPA and bowyers main sponsor for his alot of his races forhis car... 5-hour energy.
    rmy god that would be close to devestating!! NAPA is MWR's main and surely their biggest $$$$$ income by wide margin

OUCH!!!

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Ooh interesting.

Details on Racehub in30 mins

12 Last