5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29042

SONOMA--5mike5

Alright guys were off to SONOMA this weekend for 1 of our 2 road course races this season!!!! Optional is rejoicing!!!!!!!!!!! most everybody had a great weekend playing Biff at a great price(except urs truly, so lets keep the profits flowing in again this weekend...personally i use to HATE road course racing, but over the past years i really look 4ward to them as they are really exciting now with almost everybody a player for the Win at both tracks...not sure we can finsd another 35-1 gem like Bowyer here at Sonoma last season, but there will be plenty of good odds to choose from aside from the 4-5 favorites....wont be taking many drivers this week unless u leave them off besides 1 maybe

The Nationwide series will also be road racing this Saturday afternoon from ROAD AMERICA ...i absolutely love this race, probably my favorite nationwide race of the entire season...its a 4.05 mile road course for those that arent firmilar as this is a new race only run the last few years

Just another very valuable stat for Sonoma, is that there have been 8 different winners at this racetrack in a row...very very wide open race, and even though strategy hasnt really been tghe key to winning the last few races here, it has been the key plenty over the past 8 races overall...just another point of discussion for the week...

just another piece of advice, is be very aware of when u bet ur drivers based on openers, because of past history of the odds here, it can really help to try and predict the line movement and where the might go from openers to late on raceday...a few drivers best odds will last about 5 min max. and wont ever get there again unless they qualify well, but that just depends on if u like favorites here....and believe me, favorites have NOT won the races @ Sonoma overall in the past 8 years

SONOMA is a 1.99 mile road course racetrack with a total of 10 turns on the course.....

As always, all the nascar regulars thoughts, opinions, smart arse remarks, and leans going into the races this weekend are always welcome and very much appreciated...the only reason this thread is the overall success it is because we all work together...

GOODLUCK this weekend guys and lets cash in BIG again!!!

Last edited by 5mike5; 06-17-13 at 03:31 PM.
    Points Awarded:

GP gave 5mike5 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

GP gave 5mike5 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Link Not Working - Removed-)
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-16-14 at 11:23 AM.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

yes looking forward to a big weekend , just finishing watching my 3rd Sonoma race I'm avoiding ambrose

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

just reading through our thread from last years road course weekend, and alot of us just killed it....i know me and optional had bowyer winner, but optional really was VERY impressive picking the nationwide winner Piquet as well as sunday picking bowyer...hopefully we can repeat those performances!!!!

i also got really lucky going 3-0 on H2Hs i had alot of money on and hit my parlay, a rare sunday sweep...wishful thinking but lets do it again!!!!!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    yes looking forward to a big weekend , just finishing watching my 3rd Sonoma race I'm avoiding ambrose
    ive watched last 4 so far, usually watch a few more than that on regular weeks, but no point in it here with only 1 race a year and being a road course...really thats probably over doing it....be VERY interesting to see how the Gen6 is on a road course...alot of unknowns thats for sure

and still have to read over my sonoma track notebook and drivers notebooks for sonoma...probably be another all-nighter

ambrose was terrible here last season thats for sure...shockingly bad actually, never even a factor
    Last edited by 5mike5; 06-17-13 at 03:56 PM.

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

Where does everyone watch the old races?

shaunovery

Quote Originally Posted by DDT View Post
    every since I've been posting with mike I've recorded the races the last 2 yrs and i watch them on Mondays and take my own notes as I have Mondays off work
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

i have them recored and keep them for 5 years...throw them out after that time period.....i usually watch anywhere from last 4-6 races early in the week for whatever track is upcoming

and take notes on each race...i have individual notebooks for every single driver, and for every driver at each track, and a seperate notebook for every single racetrack the Cup series races at

its alot but all the writing also helps me remember alot so that's why i do it all that way..plus u dont have to take notes everytime u watch old races cause i already have them...so if i cant watch them i can always just skim the notes from those races ive made b4....most would think its overkill but that's my weekly routine..

my girl is bitiching my nascar supplies take up more space than her closet space
    Last edited by 5mike5; 06-17-13 at 04:24 PM.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

and of course i only do all those things in preperation for the CUP series races, dont do any of that stuff usually for nationwide/truck races

1. i wouldnt have the time,

2. i just dont put in research for those cause i dont bet near as much overall for the lower series

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

but i do think watching past events and having notes for them is a HUGE help....

just looking at where a driver finished for any race doesnt really tell u anything most of the time...

shaunovery

watching Stewart/vickers crashes make me smile

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Date
    Event
    Time
    TV/Radio
    FRI 6/21
    K&N Pro Series West Practice
    1:30 p.m. - 2:50 p.m.
    Sprint Cup Series Practice
    3:00 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
    SPEED
    K&N Pro Series West Final Practice
    5:00 p.m. - 6:20 p.m.
    Sprint Cup Series Final Practice
    6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
    SPEED
    SAT 6/22
    K&N Pro Series West Qualifying
    12:30 p.m.
    Sprint Cup Series Qualifying
    2:05 p.m.
    SPEED
    K&N Pro Series West Carneros 200
    4:00 p.m.
    SUN 6/23
    TV Pre-Race
    2:00 p.m.
    TNT
    Sprint Cup Series Toyota/Save Mart 350
    3:00 p.m.
    TNT/PRN
    ALL TIMES EASTERN
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-16-14 at 11:23 AM.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Road Course Qualifying Explained

The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will implement group-based qualifying Saturday on the road course at Sonoma Raceway, a change from previous years when qualifying was done one car at a time.
    So what does that mean?
    Let us explain:

• There will be no random draw for qualifying order.
    • Cars will be separated into groups of five or six to go out together.
    • Group assignments will be based on practice times in the first practice session Friday at Sonoma.
    • Within each group, cars will be separated from fastest to slowest, thus the fastest car in each group goes out first and has a clean track.
    • Cars in the same group will be released in five-second intervals.
    • Each group has about a five-minute window to complete its qualifying. NASCAR estimates that each car likely will complete three laps during that time.
    • If time runs out while the driver is in the middle of their lap, they're allowed to complete it.
    • Each group’s time begins when the first car receives the green flag at the start/finish line.
    • If a caution comes out during a session, it is like a timeout, the clock is put no hold.
    • The fastest lap counts.
    • The field will be set based upon qualifying speeds.

This format also will be used for the Cup series when it competes in August at Watkins Glen.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

thanks for posting both those onlooker

i had actually forgot qualifying format is totally different this season for road courses...will actually be fun to watch imo

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I see one driver you like this weekend.

GP
    GP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 864

DDT, you can find complete races on youtube.

2012 sonoma

2011 sonoma

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I see one driver you like this weekend.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

edit
    Last edited by 5mike5; 06-17-13 at 07:44 PM.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

i would recommend any1 serious about betting nascar start recording every race and take very detailed notes, for each race and each driver...sound tedious and takes a very longtime to get a good notebook going, but the payoff is great...at least it has been for me the last 5 years since i started all mine

also suggest writing all notes, not saving them on a computer..but guess just depends whats easier for each person to do and learn....i know, 30+ notebooks for each driver and 25 or so racetrack notebooks but it will payoff and gets easier after a year or 2 of doing it properly

of course doesnt mean what happened in past will happen or even come close, because things change alot between races as we all know well, but its a good tool imo
    Last edited by 5mike5; 06-17-13 at 07:53 PM.

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    DDT, you can find complete races on youtube.
    Wow, I didn't think the networks let people post an entire event on Youtube. I know there is a guy on Piratebay who posts the races without commercials...but sometimes that's a pain to download. Thanks GP

GP
    GP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 864

Sage advice as always Mike!

watching last year's race now. halfway through it and i feel like i know how to drive this circuit. Mike, after watching the last four races no doubt you could drive this track with your eyes closed.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Great job Mike........

STRONG my friend...keep up the good work!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post
    Great job Mike........

STRONG my friend...keep up the good work!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Sage advice as always Mike!

watching last year's race now. halfway through it and i feel like i know how to drive this circuit. Mike, after watching the last four races no doubt you could drive this track with your eyes closed.
    Only if I can learn how to drive a manual like a real man. Lol

shaunovery

good luck everyone this weekend won't be around as just had some bad family news and gotta go home

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

good luck everyone this weekend won't be around as just had some bad family news and gotta go home
    Damn Shaun sorry to hear that brother. Hope things get better buddy. I'm around if u need anything

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Sorry to hear. I hope everything turns out for the good.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

The odd watching begins...

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

The odd watching begins...
    might be tomorrow for my odds to post, especially since greek hasnt posted by now i expect it wont be til tomorrow at dimes...but ill be pulling yet ANOTHER all-nighter just in case. ill sleep all damn day tomorrow probably after i see them

no odds at ur books in Vegas yet either? usually post by now there usually?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

After 10 usually.

Stations is up.

Ambrose 4/1
    Gordon 6/1
    Stewart 7/1
    Kurt 8/1
    Bowyer 9/1
    Jimmie 12/1

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

After 10 usually.

Stations is up.

Ambrose 4/1
    Gordon 6/1
    Stewart 7/1
    Kurt 8/1
    Bowyer 9/1
    Jimmie 12/1
    ur other book (LVH?) is always better than them at least

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    ur other book (LVH?) is always better than them at least
    WillHillLV. LVH doesn't have a App yet. I wish they did. They have the best odds on everything. Sometimes you can catch Stations slipping on openers.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

After 10 usually.

Stations is up.

Ambrose 4/1
    Gordon 6/1
    Stewart 7/1
    Kurt 8/1
    Bowyer 9/1
    Jimmie 12/1
    My bad. That was Kyle 8/1. Kurt is 10/1.

AllerWise
    AllerWise's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Who do you folks think is the best book to open an acct. with for Nascar &/or for "In Play" wagering? I live in NV but cant always get to a book in time for my bets. Books w/ phone app preferred.
    Im excited to be going back to Sonoma again this year, however I dont think I could get to pay for the trip again with a 30/1 weekend winner... Lets Hope !
    I remember Tony looked like he was faster than Clint by the end of the race, but Clint kept blocking him w/ all those turns. Now that he has won a race (40/1 payout for me as well as many of you!!) any thoughts on betting him this week?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by AllerWise View Post
    Who do you folks think is the best book to open an acct. with for Nascar &/or for "In Play" wagering? I live in NV but cant always get to a book in time for my bets. Books w/ phone app preferred.
    Im excited to be going back to Sonoma again this year, however I dont think I could get to pay for the trip again with a 30/1 weekend winner... Lets Hope !
    I remember Tony looked like he was faster than Clint by the end of the race, but Clint kept blocking him w/ all those turns. Now that he has won a race (40/1 payout for me as well as many of you!!) any thoughts on betting him this week?
    5dimes offshore.

These LV books have mobile apps:

Stations
    William Hill
    Cantor Gaming

1234 ... Last