Betpoints: 4567

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Hey guys, I was posting in this subforum not to long ago was starting to bet on Nascar. You guys were really helpful. I have not been betting much on it cause I still have a lot to learn. I have been paying attention though very carefully and what a race yesterday. Why does Stewart seem to get away with anything he wants? Does he really have something on the higher ups? I looked into him a bit yesterday and he seems to be a POS. Hope all you guys are doing well on your wagers in Nascar good bunch of guys in this sub forum. gl

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28986

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I like the driver on driver feuds. By years end, Logano might have half the field after him.
    yep me too

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Seems dangerous to me when you let an immature brat like Stewart behind the wheel of a racecar.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Seems dangerous to me when you let an immature brat like Stewart behind the wheel of a racecar.
    I know you don't like him but that statements assinine

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    I know you don't like him but that statements assinine
    not really. You know what he's going to try to do.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

A immature brat almost killed Denny Hamlin.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

next race gonna be interesting

Vegas39

Then gloated about it

JayHorne3
    1 Budlight Please
    JayHorne3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Reports stating Denny Hamlin has a L1 compression fracture in his back. I have not seen anywhere stating if he would miss any time or not so I'm very curious to learn the recovery time expectation.

Vegas39

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Sprint Cup driver Denny Hamlin suffered a compression fracture of his lower back in Sunday's last-lap crash involving former Joe Gibbs Racing teammate Joey Logano at Auto Club Speedway.

Hamlin spent the night at a local hospital in the Fontana, Calif., area and was expected to be released on Monday to fly home to Charlotte, where Dr. Jerry Petty of Carolina Neurosurgery and Spine Associates will evaluate him later in the week.

Team officials said it was too early to determine if Hamlin was at risk of missing a race until after he is evaluated by Dr. Petty. The Sprint Cup series has this weekend off, then resumes its schedule on April 7 at Martinsville Speedway.

Hamlin, who is 10th in points after five races, wrote on Twitter: "I just want to go home.''

Newton: Busch only part of the story
    Kyle Busch -- or any driver -- winning is usually the biggest story coming off a race. It was a big deal, but Joey Logano, Denny Hamlin and Tony Stewart stole the headlines, writes David Newton. Story

SportsNation: Who's To Blame?
    Joey Logano has come under fire for wrecking Denny Hamlin in the last lap at California. Do you fault him for his actions?
    • Cast your votes!

Compression fractures of the spine typically are caused by a sudden, forceful injury.

Hamlin's car hit the inside retaining wall head-on after being spun by Logano on the final lap. Hamlin's car hit a small portion of the track where the SAFER barriers designed to reduce impact did not cover the concrete wall.

Hamlin climbed out of his car and immediately collapsed. He was carried off on a stretcher and then airlifted to a nearby hospital.

Symptoms of a compression fracture are severe pain in the back, legs and arms. Some may feel weakness or numbness in these areas if the fracture injures the nerves of the spine.

It typically is treated with mild pain medication and decreased activity.

Hamlin has a history of back injuries. He sat out the Nationwide Series race at Daytona International Speedway last season due to back spasms triggered from an incident at Kentucky. He told reporters then he had bulging disks in his back.

Hamlin said then he and his doctors changed his training routine to include strength building exercises for his back. He also cut back on golf and basketball.

He did not miss the Cup race.

"With spasms ... anything can set it off," Hamlin said at the time. "Obviously, the most risk of having an accident in practice would be on a superspeedway. The likelihood of me getting in an accident in the Nationwide race would be high as well.

"Those are all things that would trigger going backward from everything I've gained this week. So that's the reason. ... Just wanted to minimize risk, that's all."

Track president Gillian Zucker had no explanation for why SAFER barriers were not in place where Hamlin's car hit the wall. She said that while the track pays for barriers, NASCAR makes the recommendation for where to put them.

She said the area where Hamlin hit was not among the recommendations.

"Anytime that NASCAR makes any recommendation that they feel will reduce injuries or the threat to injuries, we will always implement that,'' Zucker told ESPN.com. "We made a bunch of changes on the back stretch in the last couple of years.

"I'm sure that every incident that occurs NASCAR reviews and determines whether anything needs to be done.''

Zucker did not know why it wasn't recommended that the entire inside retaining wall be covered.

"This is a constantly revolving project,'' she said. "When barriers first came we certainly didn't put them all around the facility. Then NASCAR made recommendations and we added more here and more here.''

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by JayHorne3 View Post
    Reports stating Denny Hamlin has a L1 compression fracture in his back. I have not seen anywhere stating if he would miss any time or not so I'm very curious to learn the recovery time expectation.
    Symptoms of a compression fracture are severe pain in the back, legs and arms. Some may feel weakness or numbness in these areas if the fracture injures the nerves of the spine.

It typically is treated with mild pain medication and decreased activity.
    Good thing they have a week off.

Vegas39

Off week a huge plus but do think he may miss some time in car

yisman

well ok, but stewart fits the same category, having multiple times intentionally wrecked people for grudges.

Vegas39

well ok, but stewart fits the same category, having multiple times intentionally wrecked people for grudges.

Many do that Though. Gordon, Kyle brad, Edwards just to name a few

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

L1 Compression fracture is usually a 6 week recovery period. Only way to make the chase now will be to win some races I think.

That was a hard hit. Lucky it wasnt any worse.

JackalLion
    JackalLion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am not a huge Denny, Tony or Joey fan so my opinion is unbiased. It has been known amongst drivers for a while that payback is not to be given at a track where speeds are that high..I'm not saying that what Joey did was totally wrong but "driver's have at it" should include common sense and shouldn't include wrecking someone at high speeds. I'm quite certain that Joey did not intend for Denny to have serious injuries but when you turn someone at that speed you have zero control over the end result.

As far as what Tony said..he admitted that it was within Joey's rights to block and that the choice is up to the lead driver. Joey made the choice to block Tony and whatever consequences result from that are Joey's to deal with. I don't think that incident is an excuse for a past champion and team owner to carry themselves that way in not one but several interviews. What happened to the days when differences were settled (without serious injury) on the track or in the pits not in the mainstream and social media.

Just my 2 cents

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

if that fracture would have been higher, just might have been terrible

brutal season knowing he has no chance at the chase...damn

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

and all the drama just makes nascar what it is...always been there and always will be

some dust ups here and there just make everything more interesting...

we need more nasty rivalries
    Last edited by 5mike5; 03-25-13 at 07:43 PM.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

You think without the Hans Device, it could of been a vital crash? That was a brutal hit.

There will be a safer barrier there now.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

yeah that would have snapped his neck i believe

without hans there would have been another death for sure by now

Vegas39

You think without the Hans Device, it could of been a vital crash? That was a brutal hit.

There will be a safer barrier there now.

Track that fast just inexcusable there wasn't already safer barriers all the way around there

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Track that fast just inexcusable there wasn't already safer barriers all the way around there
    yeah i agree, they just have to be installed @ every possible position on track that can happen

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    yeah i agree, they just have to be installed @ every possible position on track that can happen
    I'm sure they are installing them as we speak....but a lot of good that does now

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

waiting to see if smoke gets a little slap on the wrist fine today...

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    waiting to see if smoke gets a little slap on the wrist fine today...

If so they should fine Joey for throwing a punch like a girl

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

he is a pussy boy

Vegas39

Then Joey article on Jayski says he never. Tried to wreck him

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC