Iwinwithsports
    Iwinwithsports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 350

Hey mike, hope everything is going well on your end...family first

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    guys my dad had unexpected heart surgery so sorry i havent been able to post...i had to drive to WV asap and as soon as i know everything is ok ill be ....he is out of surgery and ok but just making sure everything is fine.just havent had any time for the race yet since i left, but ill post when i can...be home tonight or tomorrow as long as things dont change
    sorry to hear that mike hope everything is ok family comes first the race can wait

CarolinaDaze
    2x- SBR Fantasy Football Champion
    CarolinaDaze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30913

I'll say a prayer for your Dad & Family.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

MIke! I hope everything is good with your Pops!

I hate hearing news like this.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

I feel for you Mike. Hope all goes well and we have you back soon.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

best wishes, mike

I saw Hamlin is making waves:

Denny Hamlin said on Thursday that he refuses to pay the fine that NASCAR assessed him after comments he made regarding the new Generation 6 car last weekend at Phoenix International Raceway. The car debuted in the Sprint Cup Series this season.

"I’ll be honest. I’m not going to say anything for the rest of the year, as long as it relates to competition," Hamlin said Thursday. "You can ask me how my daughter is, talk to me after wins about what-have-you, but as long as it relates to competition, I’m out, from here on out. The bad part is that I feel like I’ve been a pretty good spokesman for them, and being positive when things aren’t always positive. They just lost one small spokesman today — that’s all.
    "For what I understand, it’s comparing the Gen-6 car to the Gen-5, comparing the two. I shouldn’t have done that.
    "Ultimately, I’m not OK with it. This is the most upset and angry I’ve been in a really, really long time, about anything, anything that relates to NASCAR. You have strong opinions about a lot of things, whether it be Clements’ suspension, things like that. A lot of people hold their tongues, and some people don’t — like Brad.
    "The truth is what the truth is, and I don’t believe in this. I’m never going to believe in it. As far as I’m concerned, I’m not going to pay the fine. If they suspend me, they suspend me. I don’t care at this point.
    "It’s an opinion, and it’s not even a bad one. I’ve got to be careful, because I don’t want to make things worse than they already are, and this is something that was absolutely nothing that got blown into to something, and it’s just going to be worse for them. So let them deal with it."

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

BS fine if you ask me. But he won't win this battle

GP
    GP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 864

Mike, thoughts and prayers, my friend.

bmansell33
    bmansell33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Hope everything's going well your father mike. Family is much more important than a gambling forum, racing or any other material thing.

JackalLion
    JackalLion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mike, thoughts and prayers for your dad..here's to a speedy recovery.

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

I hope everything turns out ok Mike

lesterdymond
    lesterdymond's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

Hang in there Mike. You need this race this weekend to take your mind off things for a few hours.

shaunovery

started the ball rolling

cup jimmy +700
    nw. Kyle +250

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

guys my dad had unexpected heart surgery so sorry i havent been able to post...i had to drive to WV asap and as soon as i know everything is ok ill be ....he is out of surgery and ok but just making sure everything is fine.just havent had any time for the race yet since i left, but ill post when i can...be home tonight or tomorrow as long as things dont change
    I hope all is well bud.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    best wishes, mike

I saw Hamlin is making waves:

Denny Hamlin said on Thursday that he refuses to pay the fine that NASCAR assessed him after comments he made regarding the new Generation 6 car last weekend at Phoenix International Raceway. The car debuted in the Sprint Cup Series this season.

"I’ll be honest. I’m not going to say anything for the rest of the year, as long as it relates to competition," Hamlin said Thursday. "You can ask me how my daughter is, talk to me after wins about what-have-you, but as long as it relates to competition, I’m out, from here on out. The bad part is that I feel like I’ve been a pretty good spokesman for them, and being positive when things aren’t always positive. They just lost one small spokesman today — that’s all.
    "For what I understand, it’s comparing the Gen-6 car to the Gen-5, comparing the two. I shouldn’t have done that.
    "Ultimately, I’m not OK with it. This is the most upset and angry I’ve been in a really, really long time, about anything, anything that relates to NASCAR. You have strong opinions about a lot of things, whether it be Clements’ suspension, things like that. A lot of people hold their tongues, and some people don’t — like Brad.
    "The truth is what the truth is, and I don’t believe in this. I’m never going to believe in it. As far as I’m concerned, I’m not going to pay the fine. If they suspend me, they suspend me. I don’t care at this point.
    "It’s an opinion, and it’s not even a bad one. I’ve got to be careful, because I don’t want to make things worse than they already are, and this is something that was absolutely nothing that got blown into to something, and it’s just going to be worse for them. So let them deal with it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    BS fine if you ask me. But he won't win this battle
    Anyone have what he actually said when comparing the two cars?

Vegas39

LtDementia
    LtDementia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2075

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Anyone have what he actually said when comparing the two cars?
    here you go:

LAS VEGAS — NASCAR is not going to tolerate its drivers publicly criticizing the new Gen 6 cars.
    The sanctioning body fined Denny Hamlin $25,000 on Thursday for comments he made on pit road following Sunday's Sprint Cup Series race at Phoenix International Raceway.

Hamlin said NASCAR's new cars did not race as good as the old cars and criticized the quality of the racing.
    NASCAR spokesman Kerry Tharp said such talk goes beyond the limits of what drivers are permitted to say.
    "You can voice your opinion about a lot of things about this sport — and we feel like we give our competitors a great deal of leeway when it comes to that — (but) denigrating the racing is an area we're going to have a reaction to," Tharp told a small group of reporters at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
    Hamlin finished third Sunday after starting at the rear of the field but said he gained his positions via pit strategy and others' mistakes, not by passing cars.
    Though other drivers also noted how difficult it was to pass at Phoenix, Tharp said Hamlin's comments crossed the line and was viewed as an "attack" on NASCAR's on-track product.
    NASCAR publicly encourages its drivers to show personality and be themselves, but has been quick to react with fines when drivers go too far.
    Hamlin was secretly fined $50,000 in 2010 for tweets suggesting NASCAR issues phantom cautions.
    "I do believe we give our drivers a lot of flexibility when it comes to that, whether it be about officiating or about how a race is called," Tharp said. "The main area of focus here we take exception to is the product, the racing. That's our brand, that's the drivers' brand, that's the sport's brand and that's an area we feel very strongly about."
    After Phoenix, Hamlin said he didn't want to be a "Denny Downer" but said the Gen 6 car "did not race as good as our Generation 5 cars."
    "This is more like what the Generation 5 was at the beginning," he said. "The teams hadn't figured out how to get the aero balance right. Right now, you just run single-file and you cannot get around the guy in front of you. You would have placed me in 20th place with 30 (laps) to go, I would have stayed there — I wouldn't have moved up. It's just one of those things where track position is everything."
    Hamlin was fined under Section 12-1 of the NASCAR Rule Book (actions detrimental to stock car racing). Tharp said drivers are always invited to share their concerns privately with NASCAR officials.
    Hamlin's No. 11 team is among those testing today at Las Vegas, trying to gather more information on the new model in an attempt to improve the Gen 6 car. Sunday's Cup race will be the first run on a 1.5-mile track.
    Dale Earnhardt Jr. said in December that he was impressed with the new model and thought it had great potential.
    Before Hamlin's public comments Sunday, most drivers had been talking the company line after test sessions at Daytona and Charlotte.
    Even after NASCAR's crown jewel — the Daytona 500 — opened the season on Feb. 24, drivers were careful to reserve judgment on the new model, saying it was too early to tell if passing would be improved.

GP

CUP starting grid set by last years series owners points.
    Last edited by GP; 03-08-13 at 04:06 PM.

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

hopefully rain only effects today

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by MatI View Post
    hopefully rain only effects today

Yes looks good to go rest of weekend

flyboy
    Let's go racing!!
    flyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Hope all is well Mike.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

Thanks guys I AppreciTe all the well wishes and all is well and I'm almost home. Time to get back to business and make some cash this weekend. I have some catching up to do. I've missed everything so might need to lean on u guys to fill me in!

shaunovery

Thanks guys I AppreciTe all the well wishes and all is well and I'm almost home. Time to get back to business and make some cash this weekend. I have some catching up to do. I've missed everything so might need to lean on u guys to fill me in!

welcome back mate

Vegas39

DDT was gonna grab this but figured store security may take issue

image.jpgimage.jpg

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    DDT was gonna grab this but figured store security may take issue

image.jpgimage.jpg
    That's awesome!!

GP

Nationwide qualifying cancelled also.

Saturday’s schedule now consists of
    Nationwide practice from 11:00am -12:30pm ET
    Sprint Cup practices at 12:40pm and 2:35pm ET.
    The Nationwide Series race remains at 4pm ET as originally scheduled. (4pm pre-race, 4:15pm green flag)

GP

Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Nationwide qualifying cancelled also.
    Sucks for Brendan Gaughan who will now miss the race. This year's Nationwide race field is down to 40 teams from previous years' field of 43.

Vegas39

Won't be around rest of weekend but do hope all is well Mike

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

what is the denny hamlin drama all about?

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

i mean im so behind i havent a clue what has happened since i left....

not good, i want a big winning weekend b4 BRISTOL next week

got to do some work today

bmansell33
    bmansell33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I still havent read into it but guess he was bichin about new cars publicly

shaunovery

i mean im so behind i havent a clue what has happened since i left....

not good, i want a big winning weekend b4 BRISTOL next week

got to do some work today

denny moaning about the new cars saying its harder to pass now so he got a fine

lilmikecav
    lilmikecav's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1325

Whats going on guys. I am new to the site and wager a lot each week on the sprint cup races. I do a lot of matchup bets on 5dimes. Can someone explain what COVER bets are? I appreciate it.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by lilmikecav View Post
    Whats going on guys. I am new to the site and wager a lot each week on the sprint cup races. I do a lot of matchup bets on 5dimes. Can someone explain what COVER bets are? I appreciate it.
    Welcome to the best sub-forum on SBR. Great group here.

First 12345 ... Last