5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29042

told every1 theres no chance it wouldnt

nascar doesnt make mistakes

his career is O-V-E-R

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Maybe now KFFL will realize Hornish is driving (they've been listing Allmendingdong for the race).

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Maybe now KFFL will realize Hornish is driving (they've been listing Allmendingdong for the race).
    whats the KKFL yis?

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

fantasy website

http://kffl.com/nascar/

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

oh ok..

Reno Paul
    Reno Paul's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2763

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    told every1 theres no chance it wouldnt

nascar doesnt make mistakes

his career is O-V-E-R
    His Nascar career is likely over.....Still thinks he goes back to racing Indy cars.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Paul View Post
    His Nascar career is likely over.....Still thinks he goes back to racing Indy cars.
    maybe, but why would any sponosr at any top series want him???

DUI and now drugs!

well, INDY series isnt a top notch these days and in big trouble financially

.but they still have big sponsors and ned those sponsors

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

and IF he said something about thinking maybe INDY serie again, then why go through the 5-6 month NASACR "road to recovery" program??

hes grasping at straws imo

add LIAR to his history too now, the ol' "i didnt knowingly take any stimulants, is out the window"...hes was on drugs, period

i knew all along nascar is WAY too careful not to be positively sure that he was on drugs....

every single person who requested a "B sample" has the exact same outcome : "still POSITIVE!"

GP
    GP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 864

Was it ever announced which drug? Last I heard, it was just the generic Stimulant term. Was the drug also found in one of his supplements?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

The press release said it was only just enough to call it positive. A nanogram or two less and it would have been a negative.

And for all we know it may have been caffeine even, or something that isnt that shocking.

I hope and expect he will be back racing somewhere. Preferably in NASCAR. At least that will show there is a possibility of a 2nd chance and make future people caught less likely to just dig their heels in and lie.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Was it ever announced which drug? Last I heard, it was just the generic Stimulant term. Was the drug also found in one of his supplements?
    Team Dinger says they are testing everything he comes into contact with at home to look for a possible source to explain it.

No word on substance.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

team dinger isnt going to tell the truth anyways

the kid was on a real drug imo

nascar knew from A sample...if it was a "supplelemt" as they claimed, nascar wouldnt have been so sterrn

just my 2 cents

ill guess blow, meth, or X
    Last edited by 5mike5; 07-25-12 at 06:01 PM.

rickie65
    Update your status
    rickie65's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4370

I don't think everyone would be so secretive about it if was a basic over-the-counter supplement

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

I don't think we will ever find out what drug it was. Didn't we only find out the truth about Mayfield because he took it all the way to the courts?

I don't like all the excuses they come up with. Much better just owning up to it and being honest.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Word it was an amphetamine

MatI

yep, confirmed as amphetamine. So speed or crystal meth. Unless he was on some kind of performance enhancing drug.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

i told u guys no way it was any "supplement" or over the counter shiit

nascar knows better than that...

MatI

Where are you getting 'supplement' from?

The word first thrown around after initial positive test was 'stimulant'. Which is exactly what an amphetamine would fall under.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Doesn't matter what it's called it's drugs

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MatI View Post
    Where are you getting 'supplement' from?

The word first thrown around after initial positive test was 'stimulant'. Which is exactly what an amphetamine would fall under.
    i get the word from people saying thats where the "stimulant" came from....a supplement
    Last edited by 5mike5; 07-26-12 at 06:35 PM.

MatI

What i'm trying to say is team dinger never actually claimed it was from a 'supplement'. They are pleading ignorance, but have never said anything about where it possibly came from. The only ones that have mentioned the word supplement was us in this thread.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

i was just saying , like the forum, some1 had said thats where a stimulant could come from

and i figured nascar knowing what it was wouldnt be so quick to jump if could have came from that

MatI

Agreed, it was always going to be pretty serious. NASCAR aren't stupid.

Now we know, we can move the conjecture to who will be long term replacement in the 22!

Deal With It
    It's a conspiracy FACT!
    Deal With It's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

I'm so tired and wore out right now. I need to give AJ a call and see if he can hook me up.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

surely they arent just going to hand over the reigns to the #22 to Horish Jr are they?

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Maybe I'm missing the point but why would a racing driver take drugs

It's not like it can make the car faster I understand in MLB Nfl NHL it makes you faster stronger etc but why in motor racing

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

recreational use im guessing

has nothing to do with being better

Optional

Are you personally pretty anti-drugs Mike?

Just asking as you seem to be keen for Dinger to be written off without a chance.

What if it turns out a Sam Hornsih supporter slipped some speed in his drink bottle?

Probably a wacky idea, but point of saying it is, if every driver who fails is not given 110% opportunity to A) Explain and defend himself privately and B) Given the opportunity for a second chance... then we create a situation where someone WILL eventually use the system to sabotage a rival.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    Maybe I'm missing the point but why would a racing driver take drugs

It's not like it can make the car faster I understand in MLB Nfl NHL it makes you faster stronger etc but why in motor racing
    in the case of speed... confidence and faster thought process (or at least feeling like you think faster)

Apart from the obvious... addiction.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Are you personally pretty anti-drugs Mike?

Just asking as you seem to be keen for Dinger to be written off without a chance.

What if it turns out a Sam Hornsih supporter slipped some speed in his drink bottle?

Probably a wacky idea, but point of saying it is, if every driver who fails is not given 110% opportunity to A) Explain and defend himself privately and B) Given the opportunity for a second chance... then we create a situation where someone WILL eventually use the system to sabotage a rival.
    hahah

trust me, ive done plenty in my day...LOL....so im not THAT anti-drug (but i am when driving cars at 200mph)

no its just pretty known how careful NASCAR is with tests, and theres never been a test A thats a test B did not confirm.....if he was hijacked i think we would have heard a huge stink of it by now....AJ still silent and went star8 into road of recovery program

but imho, he will never get another chance...its hard enough to get a sponsor these days, no sponsor wants dinger in the car...just no way

DUI and no this?? his image is ruined.....he already had his 2nd chance and he ruined it..

plus he wasnt very good anyways

Optional

Yeah agree his chances of ever getting more than a start n park ride in Cup are slim.

And to be honest, now we know it's amphetamine, it's hard to forget how hyped up he looked sometimes. Think I even made a joke about him being on speed myself once.

Be interesting to go back through race track interviews where we are close enough to see if his pupils are dilated ever.

But no matter what he took, or why he did it, I still think it is very good for the sport that he takes the rehab program and is given a drive again.

Just to show future offenders that lieing is not the only option they have.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

i fully agree....

he hasnt even made a personal statement has he?

just through his business manager or whatever? i think he should speak up too

MatI

He has spoken out briefly on his twitter account:

Late Tuesday night, Allmendinger released a statement through a series of posts on his Twitter feed. "I just want to say thank you first and foremost for all [of you] sticking by me. ... It means more than [you will] ever know," he wrote. "I'm sorry we even have to have this going on. But I promise ... I will do whatever it takes to get to the bottom of this and get back [out] there no matter what."

I agree with Mike, it is very unlikely for him to be able to come back from this situation. But, he is doing all the right things at this stage. He is not arguing with the result, he is co-operating fully & going into the rehab program. And he has said he will do what it takes to get himself clear. He is handling it much better than Mayfield anyway, so he is not burning his bridges at this stage. But in todays ecomonic climate you need either a sponsor behind you or results to back it up. Unfortunately for him, he has neither in NASCAR.

Opti, I wouldn't assume he was a proper regular user. I am not sure how often each driver is likely to be tested throughout the year, but I think it is more likely he used it recreationally every now and then. He probably used it a few times before, done the drug tests and not had an issue, and then BAM, traces in his body and he is done for. I really doubt it was something he used on a race weekend or before driving.

First 1234 Last