5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28986

KANSAS--5mike5

Alright boys we are off to KANSAS speedway this weekend for both the Truck series and CUP series races..there is not a nationwide race this week...had a great win last weekend in Texas, so hopefully we keep it rolling this weekend....so far we have won a great profit by picking the race winners in 5 of the 7 races to start the season this year...we all keep helping each other it will stay this good all season long

KANSAS speedway is a 1.5 mile D-shaped Oval...banking is 15 degrees in the turns and 10.4 degrees in the frontstretch and 5 degrees banking in the backstrectch.....
    the frontstrectch is 2,685 feet long and backstrectch is 2,207 feet long
    Kansas use to be just a 1-time a year race, but it expanded to 2 Cup weekends a year in 2011, making only a total of 12 races run here since track opened to Cup in 2001

As always all useful insight is always welcome on this thread, as more we help and dicuss the races the better chance we all have of winning on the weekend...been a great season so far and thanks to everybody that contributes to this thread...its much appreciated

GOODLUCK this weekend boys!!!!!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

SPRINT CUP SERIES weekend racing scedule for KANSAS:

PRACTICES:
    Friday 1:30PM AND 4:30PM (est) both airing on SPEED channel

QUALIFYING: Saturday at noon (est) airing on SPEED channel

RACE: SUNDAY 12:30 pm (est) airing on FOX

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

TRUCK SERIES race @ kansas speedway is Saturday at airing on SPEED channel at 1:30 pm (est)

practices are 12:30 and 3pm and qualifying is saturday at 10:30am (est)

*****NO Nationwide race this weekend*****
    Last edited by 5mike5; 04-17-12 at 12:15 PM.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Starting watching the last 4 complete races from Kansas yesterday morning and will complete the viewing sometime early afternoon today...once i finish and look over my track notebook and driver notebiooks for kansas ill make 1 or 2 early selections starting today when odds get posted...after that will see how the odds move around to see if ill take more than 1-2 today or wait it out

flyboy
    Let's go racing!!
    flyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Hope to hang around this thread all season. I am going to the race at kansas this weekend so hope the weather is good!! Keep up the good work mike, your impressive on nascar.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    Hope to hang around this thread all season. I am going to the race at kansas this weekend so hope the weather is good!! Keep up the good work mike, your impressive on nascar.
    hope u have a great weekend at the track flyboy!!

Kansas is another track i want to go to a race weekend at myself...seems like a great venue/area

*****id love to take all the credit for a great season so far, but its a collabrative effort from the regular OPs that contribute the info./opinions on the thread...

have a safe weekend
    Last edited by 5mike5; 04-17-12 at 03:40 PM.

JackalLion
    JackalLion's Avatar Become A Pro!

My first pick this week will definitely be the 48! His momentum lately has been very strong. He was on track for back-to-back second places and led a lot of laps in the last two races.

Hopefully his odds come out pretty good I'm hoping for 850.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JackalLion View Post
    My first pick this week will definitely be the 48! His momentum lately has been very strong. He was on track for back-to-back second places and led a lot of laps in the last two races.

Hopefully his odds come out pretty good I'm hoping for 850.
    yeah i agree...he flat out dominated last race last fall here too...wierd jimmy isnt closing out races that he dominates this year though, but cant see that happening many more times

cant say #16 wont be up there for me again too...this is actually his best track of them all, even a little better than jimmy

just have to see how low the odds are....8.5-1 would be great, but not sure it will be that nice....i would guess 6-7 to 1 is what they will be for both guys being they are top drivers at Kansas...but im hoping for better...they both have momentum too
    Last edited by 5mike5; 04-17-12 at 04:20 PM.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

i just hope this race doesnt end up being a fuel mileage race, and it typically can be...

after the boring as hell 270 record breaking green flag laps without a yellow flag last week at texas, i sure hope that isnt the case again this weekend in kansas...i absolutley hate races decided by fuel mileage...almost as bad as a rain-shortened race...ALMOST

and there should ONLY be 3 drivers in single digit odds to start out and those are the 48, 16, and 14...any other driver has 0 early betting value under 10-1
    Last edited by 5mike5; 04-17-12 at 04:47 PM.

lexxa
    Update your status
    lexxa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

Sam Hornish is entered in the race, he'll probably spin a couple of times...

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

took BIFFLE (+900) and JIMMY (+675) on early wagers

not sure if ill take any1 else or not, but if i do would only be 1 more early
    Last edited by 5mike5; 04-17-12 at 08:10 PM.

JackalLion

I'm with you on those two. I'll probably add one more early it's really close between 3 drivers for me.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm with you on those two. I'll probably add one more early it's really close between 3 drivers for me.
    hope u bet him early already cause hes gone from +675 and immediatley dropped to +550 in less than 15min. ...he got HAMMERED when odds got listed...

ill probably add stewart, matt never won here so im holding off on him

PHEW!

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Mike how about brad k this week 2 good top 5 last yr at Kansas

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    Mike how about brad k this week 2 good top 5 last yr at Kansas
    yeah but disqualify 1 of those, he won the race there strictly on fuel mileage which is 1 of those 2 top 5s Keslowski has there in last 4 events...

finishes areent bad even without the win with a 3rd, 13th, and 23rd in last 4 races at Kansas

for me, theres just no value in those early odds....

not saying hes a bad pick or anything, but just not a priority pick for me this week
    Last edited by 5mike5; 04-18-12 at 11:14 AM.

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Good luck this week, Mike!

I'm always lurking in your Nascar threads and tailing when I can.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Good luck this week, Mike!

I'm always lurking in your Nascar threads and tailing when I can.
    thanks DAD!!

BTW, next time u stop in, we all would appreciate 1 of those infamous DAD pix

Dad

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    thanks DAD!!

BTW, next time u stop in, we all would appreciate 1 of those infamous DAD pix

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

very nice...love the race flavoring

TY sir

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

i hate moving...

Dad

i hate moving...
    I second that!

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

i hate moving...
    Where are you moving to?

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DDT View Post
    Where are you moving to?
    oh just within walking distance of where i am now, just a newer place

i just hate the moving everything and seting up commcast, net, and electricity, ect...but im doing it over the next few days so hopefully wont be too bad...my girl wants all new furniture, and everything too...argggggggggggggggg

just an overall expensive hassle

JackalLion

You need to stop telling her about all of your NASCAR profits. Lol

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

is Brad K a lock to win the truck race??? +165??

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Boscoe View Post
    is Brad K a lock to win the truck race??? +165??
    wouldnt call him a lock, as i never much value in the truck races even though when Cup drivers race in trucks they almost always win the races...anywhere near +165 just isnt any value IMO for any driver in any nascar race...but i dont bet alot on the truck series...more just fun for me than a moneymaker

but hes definatley the overwhelming favorite just becuase hes the only Cup driver parcticipating in the truck race this weekend...as would any other cup driver be if he was the only 1 entered
    Last edited by 5mike5; 04-19-12 at 06:54 PM.

JackalLion

Mike,

Im looking for one more early driver that has the potential of not only winning but having their odds reduced after qualifying.

So far I've narrowed it down to Jeff, Carl and Harvick. If you had to pick one of these who would it be? I'm leaning towards Jeff right now.

I'm also taking a small wager on the hometown kid. I know he wants to win here really bad and his line is attractive to me.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

geeez...really hard to predict the odds factor cause really just depends on how they all do in the sessions....

i mean gordon has 2 wins there ,and carl and harvick have 0, but both have been finishing well there in recent years, actually better than gordon has

i think its just a toss up if ur looking to get better odds on 1 of them now cause thats really just totally depends on how the sessions do....i dont think ur going to gain alot of ground on any of the 3 since all are between +1000-+1100 as of right now, UNLESS they qualify in the top 5, and even then i cant see much being gained unless they just dominate practice/qualifying....

just hard to tell with those 3 choices....

im personally waiting on most my picks just becuase on 5dimes if u wait til sunday the odds get better by the hour usually if ur not betting the top 3 favorites after the sessions, and i think jimmy going to be the favorite unless he crashes or something....i thought the best value of the weekend is biffle +900 early (which i think u have already) and jimmy when he first came out at +675...those are still only 2 picks ive made so far, and they may better later for all i know...lol......only other im even thinking about is smoke, and still havent decided to bet now or just wait.

if jimmy, matt, kennseth, ect. do well in qualifying and practice sessions, i think every other drivers odds get better the longer you wait, cause most will be betting them all weekend...

not sure i helped, but im not taking any of those 3 early so its hard for me to tell u a way to lean....maybe some1 else will chime in here for ya

if it was me, i would just go with ur GUT
    Last edited by 5mike5; 04-19-12 at 09:32 PM.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

i also think its never a bad idea to take a hometowner at good odds....

i may bet bowyer as well actually

hes had 1 top 5 and 3 top 10s in career here...and top 20 in 6/7 career...30-1 always worth a shot imo
    Last edited by 5mike5; 04-19-12 at 09:26 PM.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Mike,

Im looking for one more early driver that has the potential of not only winning but having their odds reduced after qualifying.

So far I've narrowed it down to Jeff, Carl and Harvick. If you had to pick one of these who would it be? I'm leaning towards Jeff right now.

I'm also taking a small wager on the hometown kid. I know he wants to win here really bad and his line is attractive to me.
    also heres a stat that if trends again maybe u get better odds on Gordon now instead of later:

he the 2nd best qualifier here with under 10.0 avg. starting position....only qualified outside top 13 one time since '05 season....and 3 of last 8 hes started 4th or better

just 1 stat, but odds may get lower if he qualifies well and also practices good, since u were leaning his way

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

i want to take another myself early since im still sitiing with just the 2 early bets so far....but just may wait

struggling between matt/smoke add ons but just not sure as of yet if i will add anybody else early or not

JackalLion

Thanks Mike! The 24's qualifying efforts there are mainly why I'm thinking of getting him early. My guess is at best he'll be in the 14 range but could possibly go to 7 if he's in the top five in practices and on the pole. I think he'll be ready this week after finally getting a good finish last week.

I think I'll go ahead and lock him in. That makes the early plays JJ, Gordo, Biff and small on Bowyer.

Thanks for the help.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Thanks Mike! The 24's qualifying efforts there are mainly why I'm thinking of getting him early. My guess is at best he'll be in the 14 range but could possibly go to 7 if he's in the top five in practices and on the pole. I think he'll be ready this week after finally getting a good finish last week.

I think I'll go ahead and lock him in. That makes the early plays JJ, Gordo, Biff and small on Bowyer.

Thanks for the help.
    i like the picks....we will talk after the sessions

GL buddy

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

Missed first practice. Anything interesting happen?

flyboy
    Let's go racing!!
    flyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Just got into our hotel. Now ready for a weekend of gambling drinking and racing, not necessarily in that order!

1234 Last