cnote24
    cnote24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

C-Notes Phoneix Subway Fresh Fit 500

Hey guys looking at the Early odds, here are some of the drivers who I think will do good this weekend in Phoenix. Check back before the Drop of the Green flag to see my final top 10 +1 !!! and comments are always appreciated

Longshots:

Casey Mears (500/1)
    David Reutimann (75/1)

Favorites:

Jeff Gordon (9/1)
    Jimmie Johnson (8/1)
    Ryan Newman (20/1) One of the Best deals out there!

Ill post my final list a few hours before the green. Let me know what ya think and who you like!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

What's your logic for the Reuti longshot pick? Could easily be convinced to have a lash on him, but could not find a reason to go it myself.

cnote24

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    What's your logic for the Reuti longshot pick? Could easily be convinced to have a lash on him, but could not find a reason to go it myself.
    Just looking at the long shots (60/1) odds and up, those two look like solid picks. And having that new surface down at Phoenix gonna cause an increased number of accidents so that long shot could be able to rack some dough in!

cnote24

NOTES ON PHOENIX

• This is Mark Martin's second pole at Phoenix in his 31st start. He Won from the pole in this race in 2009.
    • Mark Martin leads all drivers at Phoenix in starts (30), top-fives (12), and top-10s (19)
    • Michael Waltrip Racing won its eighth career pole and this is the team's first pole at Phoenix.
    • This is Toyota's first pole at Phoenix.
    • Tony Stewart (second) will make his best start at Phoenix in 21 races. He led the most laps at Phoenix in the November 2011 race but finished third.
    • Regan Smith (third) has top-10 starts in four of the past six races at Phoenix but hasn't finished better than 23rd.
    • Jimmie Johnson (fourth) has top-five finishes in 10 of the past 11 Phoenix races.
    • Juan Montoya (fifth) earned his best Phoenix start in his 11th race.
    • Ryan Newman (sixth) secured his first top-10 start in his seventh race with Stewart-Haas Racing at Phoenix. Newman has finished in the top five in the past four races at Phoenix.

I think Mark Martin is a great play going from 25/1 now up to 18/1... And after qualifying new odds for my newest eligible Longshot... Paul Menard (60/1) He looked great in practice and started at 50/1 and was just bumped up 10 more.. I wish I could find a book. that would allow to pick the top 10, and sorta like the lottery the more amount of cars you get right the more money you get.

Optional

5 Dimes offers top 10s on race day. Not for everyone though.

Optional

Oops... just re-read your post and i get what you mean now.

Not a bad idea.

cnote24

It would be like Keno haha Maybe have like a minimum of a 10 dollar bet, and start the winnings at 4 or more! Can you inbox me man about that pick em thing you run? Im brand new to this site and wouldnt mind a vet like you to show me the ropes.. and ill be posting my Top 10 strongest tomorrow have about 6 of my favorites already figured out, really hoping Gordon turns it around after a blown engine last week!
    Last edited by cnote24; 03-03-12 at 10:19 PM.

Optional

Sure, send me a private message and I'll try to explain anything you don't get.

cnote24

Hey guys hope everyone is having a great Sunday.. Here are my 10 picks and one extra wild card, Basically base these off past performances, how both practices went, qualifying, and just pure gut feelings. With Phoenix having a fresh surface the amount of caution flags to come out will probably be at higher risk. Meaning some long-shots could have a good chance of taking the Checkered Flag, but also means some front runners/favorites could get caught up in a pile up.

My picks for Phoenix Subway Fresh Fit 500: (not in any order)

1. Jeff Gordon (12/1) strong showings past 2 years at PHX
    2. Mark Martin (18/1) pole winners hard to win, but if anyone can do it, its Mark Martin
    3. Ryan Newman (20/1) can this be the week for Ryan??
    4. Tony Stewart (13/2) Besides 5 time, the other favorite in Vegas
    5. Denny Hamlin (10/1) Denny will be Denny
    6. Clint Bowyer (30/1) One of the best Values
    7. Regan Smith (40/1) Fast in the second practice and starting up front
    8. Joey Logano (35/1) Break out win??
    9. Dale JR (25/1) Winless streak a good possibility to be broken
    10. Paul Menard (60/1) Always does good on short tracks and my LONGSHOT pick of the week
    EP. Kyle Busch (10/1) Top 10's at PHX might finally get a nice win!

Good Luck Everyone!!! Will be posting final results later on after the race

Azzurri
    Azzurri's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

love dale jr. to break the losing streak today and what great odds...26th position should not matter right?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    love dale jr. to break the losing streak today and what great odds...26th position should not matter right?
    Track position means a lot here. He will have to probably gamble on a pit stop, like take just two tires, to gain some positions. If he can't drive his way to the front.

cnote24

Yea he wont have the best of pits on a tight phoenix pit-row, starting position is key for a track like this but could see some regulars like Gordon, Jr, or Edwards coming from the back to win it. GL all! lets see if I can go back to back weeks picking a winner!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Good luck C.

cnote24

What a great race, I was impressed by Ambrose until his engine blew up and The closer running out of fuel making Denny this years Subway Fresh Fit 500 Champion.. Heres how my picks played out

1. Jeff Gordon (8th)
    2. Mark Martin (9th)
    3. Ryan Newman (21st)
    4.Tony Stewart (22nd)
    5. DENNY HAMLIN (1ST)
    6. Clint Bowyer (30th)
    7. Regan Smith (20th)
    8. Joey Logano (10th)
    9. Dale JR (14th)
    10. Paul Menard (31st)
    EP- Kyle Busch (6th)

2 for 2 on the season picking a winner! Here we come Vegas!!