Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Marcos Ambrose Motorsport

Last year Marcos brought over young Aussie racer George Miediecke who he thought had talent, and Aussie sponsors, to race in the UARA Stars Series. (no one but Marcos seemed to notice this talent beforehand)

George took ROTY, most poles and second place in the championship. After having his first oval race in the first race of the season.

I was really hoping he was going to move up this year and might be the next Aussie to have a crack at the top 3 series.

But he did so well a bidding war broke out amongst teams to get him back here for the V8 Development series (Nationwide) with a view to a Supercar seat next year.

This has brought a lot more focus on American racing from local teams. Every week I read of plans for another Aussie who wants to try his luck in the states. This never happened before Ambrose and Miedecke.

Marcos now has new a new boy nobody else has identified as talented enough to support before.

Clayton Pyne, an ex-pat living/working in New York will be racing for Marcos Ambrose Motorsport in a late model car next year.

I can almost guarantee you Marcos will blood a Cup champion before he is done with NASCAR.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

very cool Opti

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

I know you are a big Ambrose fan Optional and saw this pic of his hauler for this year and thought you might like.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-20-16 at 11:10 AM. Reason: image does not exist

Optional

Dayum... that makes me want to be there for the 500. I hope I can make it over there for a race this year.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28769

im thinking of going there for shootout-the 500....but maybe just the excitment talkin...lol

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Marcos now has new a new boy nobody else has identified as talented enough to support before.

Clayton Pyne, an ex-pat living/working in New York will be racing for Marcos Ambrose Motorsport in a late model car next year.

I can almost guarantee you Marcos will blood a Cup champion before he is done with NASCAR.
    He's picked up another driver to run in the UARA Stars series, a 14yo named Ben Rhodes.

Rhodes competed in the Young Lions division of Legends Car racing throughout the 2011 season, earning 43 victories in 69 events, more than any of the 1,200 Legends Car drivers in the country. Rhodes started his Late Model career in July 2011 and of 7 race events, Ben won five, top 10 pole positions and three, top 10 finishes.

In 2012, Ben will drive for Marcos Ambrose Motorsport in the # 9 Stanley Ford Fusion car in the 16-event UARA Stars Series.

http://www.marcosambrosemotorsport.com/ben-rhodes.html

And check this out... anyone want to drive for him?

http://www.marcosambrosemotorsport.c...rtunities.html

I'm going to have to fill that form in myself LOL

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

George is a friend of mine. He is back in Aus now driving in the v8 development series. Unless you got a bucketload of cash to pay for the ride, i wouldnt bother filling out the form.

Did you see George's recent crash in Targa West Point?

Optional

No I didn't hear about that. Ok I trust?

MatI

http://youtu.be/PFZGQhbnMiE

Georgie has 9 lives. he is fine. navigator broke C7 and pelvis, but will make recovery.

Optional

Man that's crazy!! And a Capri trashed too. I loved those V6 Capris as a youngster.

Do you know what happened with the first car laying there?

MatI

Yep, sad day when a Capri bites the dust..

The other car lost the back end through the corner, hit inside wall and rolled. Upside down in the water wouldn't have been nice! But they were fine, you see one of the crew coming to George's aid in the vid.

Optional

I'm heading down to Phillip Island for the classics in 2 weeks time. Week before the GP. Love the 70s/80s cars the most.

MatI

Nice! That's always an awesome weekend.

Assume you will be at GP too? Will have to catch up.

Optional

Would love to catch up, and not sure about GP yet. I might be able to hang about until Friday, or maybe Saturday. But not the race. It's way better on TV anyway I think. The race itself. A friend who used to work for Williams has offered to get some sort of VIP pass for me the last 2 years but I haven't been able to take him up on it. I've got fingers crossed he will be able to again this year.

I had idea in my head you were in Qld, or up North. I am pretty vague. If you are a Mexican you should head down the Island one of the days and soak up tinnies trackside if you can. Or let's get together in town during the week. I'll be just twiddling my thumbs most of the time. Maybe even get the famous Shari to join us for a drink.

MatI

Yeah GP's are better on TV, but there are plenty of chances to watch the other 18 or so. I never miss the GP weekend. I'll be there Friday, Sat, Sunday. I was in the Ferrari/Marlboro box last year, but doesn't look i'll get any sweet tix this year...

Melb boy here, in St Kilda. I can't go to PI this year. I do shift work and am on overnight for that friday & saturday nights. I always though Shari was in QLD!

Optional

Ha that's funny. We all think the other Aussies are up North

Shari lives close to the city too. Near MCG I think.

Optional

And if you can get an extra one of those Ferrari tix for Friday or Sat, I'll definitely meet up

MatI

ha, like i said, not able to get Marlboro tix this year, not even for myself. They are downsizing their box big time this year. I will be going GA.

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

I threw a little on him at 100/1 after the Shootout.
    Attached Images  

MatI

Could we see Marcos on the move again?

http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/07/01/...ys-2013-plans/

Optional

Never a dull moment!

But sounds like rubbish on the surface.

How is Ford going to keep him if RPM goes? Put him in a Motorcraft sponsored car with Roush? Not sure Marcos would even believe that could last.

Please don't say Wood Bros...

Vegas39

What about this.....he replaces AJ in 22 since Penske going to Fords

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    What about this.....he replaces AJ in 22 since Penske going to Fords

Forgot all about Penske being Ford. That might be nice. Particularly if it's a third team.

Vegas39

Forgot all about Penske being Ford. That might be nice. Particularly if it's a third team.
    Aj has a 1 year contract. Do they keep him if he doesn't improve

Optional

If Ford really do have a preference for Marcos (which has appeared to be the case before) I guess that could mean trouble for AJ.

But if Dodge like him, it might be a swap that works for everyone. AJ probably wouldn't mind being away from such a strong team mate, who also has the teams main focus, to move back to RPM.

Does anyone think Kurt will be back with a Dodge team in the near future? Was there any issue on the manufacturers side about him anyone know?

Vegas39

If Ford really do have a preference for Marcos (which has appeared to be the case before) I guess that could mean trouble for AJ.

But if Dodge like him, it might be a swap that works for everyone. AJ probably wouldn't mind being away from such a strong team mate, who also has the teams main focus, to move back to RPM.

Does anyone think Kurt will be back with a Dodge team in the near future? Was there any issue on the manufacturers side about him anyone know?
    I think Kurt could end up in a dodge if Andretti starts team. Pending no meltdowns rest of year

MatI

Never a dull moment!

But sounds like rubbish on the surface.

How is Ford going to keep him if RPM goes? Put him in a Motorcraft sponsored car with Roush? Not sure Marcos would even believe that could last.

Please don't say Wood Bros...
    Wood Bros!

It is really the only half-decent Ford option available I think. I'm sure I read that with Stenhouse moving to the 17 car, Trevor Bayne will be taking over the 6 in Nationwide, so theoretically there is a seat available at Wood Bros.

Not very exciting is it.

I would love to see Marcos in at Penske, but I think they will either give AJ one more year to prove himself, or give Sam Hornish another crack at it.

Marcos did race with Toyota with JT Daugherty didn't he? When he was in the 47? So hopefully his future is not completely limited by the Ford connection...

Optional

Nice interview piece with Ambrose in USA Today. A bit more real than most interviews we get.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ports/2832233/

He's surprisingly critical of his own driving, but also sounds like he feels no pressure to convince anyone he is better than the rest. Sounds like he is a good place. Lucky bloke.

I liked this bit...

Q: I don't know who this is, but the last person you wrecked – did you do it on purpose?

A: No. No, I did not. But the person before that I did (smiles).

Do you want to say who those people were?

The one not on purpose was Kyle Larson in the Nationwide race at Mid-Ohio. I didn't mean to. I was on new tires and it was the end of the race, the last lap. He tried to check my move, and I just couldn't get out of the way in time.

Parker Kligerman was the other one (also at Mid-Ohio). He deserved every minute of it. And I look forward to doing it again (smiles).

MatI

Thanks for posting, good interview. He seems pretty content with his lot in life at the moment.

He just needs that oval win!