Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Shoot me a PM if anyone really does think I've got it wrong here btw, and we can discuss.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Can you cover my entries next year until I win?
    Of course I would if you wanted me to. Without a question.

After all you have played every week of the comp just about. Same as Rickie.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

That's wrong. You shouldn't cover for anyone.

Don't have it, tough sh!t, you can't play.

Not Pro, tough sh!t, get a percentage of the jackpot.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I dunno about really upset, just the annoyance that comes with not getting anything when I felt I earned a win of something.

Optional

That's wrong. You shouldn't cover for anyone.

Don't have it, tough sh!t, you can't play.

Not Pro, tough sh!t, get a percentage of the jackpot.
    You're probably right. I have been very lax with making people pay up front.

Nobody has stiffed me though. And it's always been a nice friendly little game. There is only a core group of about 8 of us that have played since the start. I would be surprised if you would have wanted to be that hard assed four weeks back when it came to one of those 8.

Anyway, I get the picture. I ****** up here. I will learn from it and be stricter with rules next year.

It's sinking in why people may feel rorted a little, so let me have a PM chat with Rickie when he is back around. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that he would give up all prizes without complaint if I asked him to btw. He hasn't been trying to freeroll or do anything shady.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    I dunno about really upset, just the annoyance that comes with not getting anything when I felt I earned a win of something.
    If Rickie was just in for a percentage, the remainder would go to Onlooker as highest finishing Pro anyway Yis.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I understand the friendliness of this game, and always praised this NASCAR bunch as the best on the forum. Some situations are different.

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    If Rickie was just in for a percentage, the remainder would go to Onlooker as highest finishing Pro anyway Yis.
    I understand but I think I should get something because as I've said, that tiebreaker is patently unfair

I'm not asking you post at a specific time to accommodate me. I'm saying you post whenever it's convenient for you, but either have more tiebreakers or split it to some degree if there's an exact tie. everyone has different schedules and I really think it's unfair to penalize someone because they can't pick immediately after you post the matchups.

Optional

No you're right. I wish I ditched the rule when you asked the first time.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

My beef with a split on a exact tie is the person with the second posted picks, could be copying someone on a hot run. Maybe a higher percentage for the first person to post the picks. Or the person that posts the same picks second, just gets their buy-in back. But the person to post them first should always get a greater percentage.

Before next season, we need to get a discussion on how to improve things.

yisman

in this case I didn't copy your picks though. I made sure to have different picks than everyone in order to avoid this, so I wasn't copying anyone's picks.

But I had two picks different from you and you won one of those and I won one. That's how we wound up tied.

Optional

My beef with a split on a exact tie is the person with the second posted picks, could be copying someone on a hot run. Maybe a higher percentage for the first person to post the picks. Or the person that posts the same picks second, just gets their buy-in back. But the person to post them first should always get a greater percentage.

Before next season, we need to get a discussion on how to improve things.
    That was my initial thinking with the rule. If you posted early you had less information to make picks and others could go to school on your choices. So you should get an advantage if it came down to a tie.

BUT... that was also when I was posting matchups early in the week so waiting until after practice at least was a distinct advantage too. A fairer trade off.

Now there is not a big disadvantage information wise being early with me posting them late Fridays. I could always go back to making them up early in the week too I guess?

I also had that rule to ensure the prize was as large as possible. Now we have at least 2 prizes that issue seems less important. And with an average of 17 people playing each week maybe we should also consider extending the number of prizes?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    in this case I didn't copy your picks though. I made sure to have different picks than everyone in order to avoid this, so I wasn't copying anyone's picks.

But I had two picks different from you and you won one of those and I won one. That's how we wound up tied.
    That's how we ended up in a tie. Really?

You could of copied my tie breakers though.

Never said you did copy. Just saying it could happen.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave onlooker 106 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Optional gave onlooker 94 SBR Point(s) for this post.

yisman

That's how we ended up in a tie. Really?

You could of copied my tie breakers though.

Never said you did copy. Just saying it could happen.
    Yeah it could happen. I was saying I wasn't trying to get an advantage here by tailing you or something. Ties obviously can often happen without someone taking the exact same picks.

Edwards/Stewart were the two I thought had the best chance, so I made that my tiebreaker, after doublechecking that no one with my tiebreaker had taken my 5 picks.

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    And with an average of 17 people playing each week maybe we should also consider extending the number of prizes?
    You could or just keep it this way and simply use the larger pool to split prizes in case of tie.

I agree with what you were saying about information. The way you've been doing it, it's been posting late Friday/early Saturday, so no one is picking without information. That's a day before the race.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave yisman 65 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Is it time for Daytona yet?

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    Is it time for Daytona yet?
    I wish

Optional

No sign of Rickie.

I'm paying Onlooker his 106 points for 2nd place now in post #48

Fingers crossed he does re-emerge, but if Rickie does not return I'll do something fair with the remaining 319 prize from Homestead and his season long pool win points later. (and no I won't keep them myself)

rickie65
    Update your status
    rickie65's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4334

sorry guys, 1st time I've logged in since the race.

it really never even crossed my mind about the pro vs. non-pro status of the prizes since I've been used to being full-in on the 1st 32 or 33 races. I'm not really going to be that concerned about the points for homestead so yeah, I f*cked myself for not keeping my pro status up so go ahead and trickle down the prizes. Lesson learned and precedent set for next season.

FYI...I happened to dip below the $200 about a week or 2 before pro status expired and just couldn't make it back up, string of bad bets.

opti - thanks for running this and everything else. I know you had my back on this, I appreciate it!!
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave rickie65 160 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Optional

Paying Rickie 160 points.

Paying Onlooker an additional 94 points

Paying Yisman 65 points.

Kudos to Rickie

First 12