Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Kyle Rumors

Could be just some stirrer, but this comment below an article about Kyle being out for the rest of the year is interesting;

RCR Employee says: November 10, 2011 at 2:10 pm
    Here’s the best “rumor” yet. I work at RCR and Kyle Busch was here yesterday asking about the fourth Childress car. This is FACT because I talked to him myself.

From this article claiming Brad Keselowski as the source;

http://tireball.com/2011/11/09/kyle-...-till-daytona/

Kyle Busch loses sponsor, out till Daytona

Posted by John On November - 9 - 2011

Brad Keselowski has heard the rumors and if they are true then Kyle Busch is out of a ride until Daytona and now without sponsorship. Busch was parked this week at Texas due to actions in the Camping World Truck Series when he wrecked fellow competitor Ron Hornaday under caution.

The #18 of Busch had been adorned with colors and products of Mars, namely their M&M candies. Mars was one of the few companies that still sponsored a car for the bulk of a season, something that will surely impact Joe Gibbs Racing going forward as any plans to run Busch in 2012 will require a new sponsor now.
    Busch is the most polarizing figure in the NASCAR garage and was recently fined $50,000 for his actions in that truck series race.

UPDATE: Bob Pockrass of Scene Daily says on his twitter “On Kyle Busch: JGR still hasn’t confirmed if he’ll race Cup at PIR. I lean toward he’ll race but wouldn’t be surprised either way.”

UPDATE: Jayski.com notes that “the weekly race preview for JGR/Kyle Busch has not been released as of yet when it usually comes out on Tuesday.” Not sure if it means anything. With many teams making their way to Phoenix today, we could hear word from someone at Gibbs on whether Busch will drive the car or not.

UPDATE: AP reports Z-line designs has asked Joe Gibbs Racing to remove Busch from the Nationwide entry at Homestead. Denny Hamlin is expected to fill that seat.

UPDATE: David Newton of ESPN wrote the following just moments ago

AVONDALE, Ariz. — Aric Almirola told ESPN.com on Thursday he has been contacted by Joe Gibbs Racing about possibly replacing Kyle Busch in the final two Sprint Cup races and is awaiting final word from the organization.

ESPN’s Marty Smith reported on SportsCenter and NASCARNow that Busch, according to sources, will be in the No. 18 Cup car this weekend at Phoenix International Raceway and next weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

Multiple sources said the car likely will be sponsored by Interstate Batteries instead of M&Ms, which was scheduled to be on the car.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29066

yeah i seen the m&ms isnt sponsoring last 2 races for a fact and denny driving nationwide in homestead....everything depends on mars inc. at this point...

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Agreed, its going to be up to Mars. I think Kyle NOT in the 18 in 2012 is a very real possibility right now..

Optional

Really didn't expect it to go this far. But honestly probably the best thing that could happen. Draws a line for everyone to see without NASCAR having to pull back on their boys have at it PR.

MatI

THIS is what happens when you start the year promoting 'boys have at it'. Not so nice now is it..

I didnt think it would go this far either at first, but I do think Busch does need to learn to pull his head in. This might actually do it.

Optional

I still like the boys have at it approach. Don't think this incident qualifies, and everyone knows it.

Which is why I'd be happy to see him get slapped hard by the sponsor so there is no doubt left what he did was way over the mark.

Any intentional contact outside green flag racing pisses me off personally.

MatI

In my opinion, there is no room for intentional contact on the track. Ever.

Kyles move was one of many in the last 3 or 4 races that went well beyond 'boys have at it'. Automatic retaliation using your race car is not the way to race. If your still upset about it after the race, sort it out with fists. Like they used to do.

rob
    rob's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6773

Mars said it won't sponsor Kyle for the final two races but will sponsor him in 2012.

Optional

That's good to hear. For Kyle.

Although I'm sure he would have fallen on his feet no matter what happened. May have even passed Mars over to another driver and brought a new sponsor into the sport, if he had been forced to.

MatI

Sounds like Mars are pulling the budget for the final 2 races. A small warning shot.

Like you said though, I doubt he would have a problem finding sponsors for a Cup car.

Optional

What do you think about my confidence in Marcos this week MatI?

Need a top 10 to win or top 15 to push my points bet with Thad.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MatI View Post
    Sounds like Mars are pulling the budget for the final 2 races. A small warning shot.

Like you said though, I doubt he would have a problem finding sponsors for a Cup car.
    mars inc. already announced today they sticking with kyle for 2012 season

MatI

I think chances are good! Its a bit of an unknown with the new track surface at phoenix but it is a style of track that suits him. I don't have the courage to say he will get a top 10, but he got a 16th at Phoenix earlier this year and he is running MUCH better at the moment.

I hope he comes through for you.

MatI

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post

mars inc. already announced today they sticking with kyle for 2012 season
    Seen that, hence my comment.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

dont see where ur comment said anything bout 2012 season...just got reported so just adding

was a big ? til then....and im glad, maybe he learned a lesson

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    dont see where ur comment said anything bout 2012 season...just got reported so just adding

was a big ? til then....and im glad, maybe he learned a lesson
    I knew what he meant. But can see why others wouldn't re reading it.

SOSANA
    SOSANA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7767