ATP123
    ATP123's Avatar Become A Pro!

rule change to top ten and top 2 most wins outside top 10

Thought i liked this idea but then i was thinking, did nascar consider that fact that its more than possible that Marcose Ambrose could suck the majority of the year, be like 20-25th in pts and after two roadcourse races where he has to be odds on to win could be in the chase? thoughts?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

That's just what I have been hoping since they announced it.

Not that he will suck, but that the 2 road courses could get him in... or a road course and 1 oval win.

avssakic
    avssakic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4193

Ha that is an interesting thought

ATP123

what about if say boris said managed to do it? is there a contingency thing where you have to be a regular, i see how bayne couldnt get in since hes declared for the nationwide but i dont believe said is in that position? I really think ambrose is a strong poss to win both of those dam races and sneak in from out of nowhere.

Optional

If he does win both, and runs consistent top 10s it wont be out of nowhere. I'd be surprised to see anyone outside the top 15 grab either of the last 2 spots.

But you're right, if it was Boris, or Marcos with not many top 10s plus the RC races, then it would seem like a waste of a chase spot.

your pixel army
    your pixel army's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ATP123 View Post
    what about if say boris said managed to do it? is there a contingency thing where you have to be a regular, i see how bayne couldnt get in since hes declared for the nationwide but i dont believe said is in that position? I really think ambrose is a strong poss to win both of those dam races and sneak in from out of nowhere.
    Said couldn't do it because you also need to be in the top 20 in points.

If you'd be upset about a driver getting in because he swept the road courses.. what if someone like Brad Keselowski wins this week at Talladega and on July 4th at Daytona and sneaks into the top 20 in points because of it? I think that winning on the 2.5 mile restrictor plate tracks is a lot smaller demonstration of skill than the road courses.

Optional

Ambrose is a special situation though I guess. He is expected to be favorite for both. No one is expected to be fave for every RP race.

Only matters if he runs crap on the ovals though. And for someone with just 7 races under his belt in a team that has just shrunk by 50%, even a non-supporter would have trouble saying that so far.

ATP123

its such a crapshoot at restrictor plates that i cannot see any oddball sweeping two of them, guys like harvick or mcmurray maybe but i mean keselowskis win was similar to how gilliland got up for 3rd in daytona, just lucky as hell at the right time, that usually doesnt happen twice in the same year. Seems much more likely that ambrose could pull this off then anyone else. He had to have been salavating when he heard this rule change, other than someone that sucks coming out of the blocks like hamlin that wins a lot of races this should benefit him the most if he can capitalize.

ATP123

im glad that eliminates said

avssakic
    avssakic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4193

I think it will be interesting late in the year when drivers know they cannot make the chase so they will go for broke and try to win those races