rob_nuts
    rob_nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

Rob's 2011 NRL Season

Only 1 week until the NRL Season kicks off, I will be tracking my plays all season
    in this thread, had a pretty successful year last year so I decided to make a thread
    this year.

Nothing flash about my tips, normally just handicaps, sometimes over/unders, and
    no massive plays only 1-3x.

I hope there is a few NRL supporters in this forum to follow this thread and I look
    forward to everyone's input and a winning season!

Bazz27
    Bazz27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2896

Yer, only one week to go Rob, mate I'm also hoping for a good $$ year.. cheers from OZ

Bazz27

Whats with the jinks on the NRL's marketing no.1 pinup boy each n every year, first stuart 09', inglis 10', now marshall 2011.. can this game take much more - of course it can n more, betting scandals, heavy drinkers, broke clubs, its like an old clapped out looking car, jezz it looks so average at times but always does the job, it just keeps going n going year in, year out.. bring on round 1 so we can start talking about the real product.........

rob_nuts

So Marshall not suspended for the game against Bulldogs, though the betting has been suspended for the last couple of days on CentreBet, it was -2.5 to the Tigers before it was taken down, will be interesting to see if it changes when the lines are released again

rob_nuts

No Hannant or Hodges friday night for Brisbane has seen the Nth Queensland line come in from +6.5 at the start of the week to +5.5, will be hanging out for the teams on Wednesday. Also the line for Monday night sees the Tigers at -2, alot of hype around both teams should be a good way to start the season

Bazz27

There's many games I think could go to the under dogs this r/1.

StevoS
    StevoS's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi, league fan here. Can't wait for the season to start.

Bazz27

Quote Originally Posted by rob_nuts View Post
    No Hannant or Hodges friday night for Brisbane has seen the Nth Queensland line come in from +6.5 at the start of the week to +5.5, will be hanging out for the teams on Wednesday. Also the line for Monday night sees the Tigers at -2, alot of hype around both teams should be a good way to start the season
    Hey Rob, You going in Last Man Standing with tabsportsbet book, 50k up for grabs in each code, you need to pick ONE winner each week to go thru to next round, nrl & afl, harder then you think, as I think it was won last yr only after r/15, n there was over 60,000 players, i'm tempted to go with the raiders this wk i'de say like many others punters but there's no sure thing.. sharks might deliver a killer blow, campo out n orford with a new team??????? might look at bris or warrs

rob_nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Bazz27 View Post
    Hey Rob, You going in Last Man Standing with tabsportsbet book, 50k up for grabs in each code, you need to pick ONE winner each week to go thru to next round, nrl & afl, harder then you think, as I think it was won last yr only after r/15, n there was over 60,000 players, i'm tempted to go with the raiders this wk i'de say like many others punters but there's no sure thing.. sharks might deliver a killer blow, campo out n orford with a new team??????? might look at bris or warrs
    I signed up to the one on SportingBet.com.au is that the one you meant? I didn't do it last year but looks like good fun.

I really liked Canberra early in the week but they do look a bit thin in the halves without Orford, plus Sharks have a pretty decent record in Canberra they have won 3/4 down there, I still think Canberra will win but I'm not sure if they will cover.

Will have my tips for tomorrow nights games sometime tomorrow though, hoping for a good start to the season!

rob_nuts

Finally its time for some League in 2011!

Round 1 11/3

Sydney Roosters -1.5 vs. South Sydney (x2)

There is alot of hype around the South Sydney team this year, but I can't see them getting off to a flyer. Burgess and Inglis will be very underdone, no matter how fit they may be you can't make up for no match time and neither have played over 30 minutes in any of their trial games. I also don't know if their halves combination will fire from the get-go, Sandow and Sutton are renowned for being up-and-down and coming up against the somewhat experienced and level-headed cobination of Pierce/Anasta I don't think they will be able to perform at their best tonight.

I know that Carney is out for the Roosters which means a little bit less flair and excitement, but a more than capable replacement in Anasta will mean that the Roosters really don't lose much in terms of a kicking and passing game. I like the line for this one, -1.5 is really a gift with so much public money on Souths, I'm confident the Roosters can get us off to a good start.

StevoS

Good luck Rob! Looking forward to seeing the new look Rabbitohs tonight, but won't be betting either way. Hope the Roosters can come through for you. I'm a Broncos fan myself, hoping they can start off well in the local derby tonight.

Coochiemudlo
    Coochiemudlo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree with you on Sydney Roosters Rob . I can only get them at -2 which im parlaying with Cowboys +5.5 (even though im a broncos supporter)

rob_nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Coochiemudlo View Post
    Agree with you on Sydney Roosters Rob . I can only get them at -2 which im parlaying with Cowboys +5.5 (even though im a broncos supporter)
    Nice call on the Cowboys, the Roosters pulled through at the end nice game to start the year.

More games tomorrow night

YTD: 1-0 +1.82U
    Last edited by rob_nuts; 03-11-11 at 07:35 AM.

StevoS

Couple of really close games to kick off the season. Nice call with the Roosters.

rob_nuts

12/3

Warriors -7.5 vs. Parramatta (2x) $1.92

Gold Coast +6.5 vs. St George (2x) (Buy 1 point) $1.83

Really like the Warriors in this one, alot of hype around them this year and if they can have some good home they will really give it a shake, Parramatta recruited poorly and I think the Warriors playing at Eden Park will have them fired up in front of a big crowd.

I brought the extra point in the Titans/Dragons game to give me +6.5, I think this will be a close game, maybe even the Titans winning outright but I will play it safe with the converted try margin, Under would not be a bad bet either IMO but just gonna stick with the margin for now
    Last edited by rob_nuts; 03-11-11 at 10:50 PM.

vaney88
    vaney88's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey rob dogg im posting my plays on your forum so i can show you how its done. cya monday man tigers going to rip sh!t up

Round 1
    Current Record 0-0-0
    Current bankroll $1000

Just to clear things up - I will be only recording my plays as stats. Unit value is $10 per unit

First play New Zealand v Parramatta
    New Zealand -6.5 $1.91 - 10 units

Second play Storm v Manly
    Melbourne Storm -4.5 $1.92 - 5 units

Third play Tigers v Bulldogs
    Wests Tigers -2.5 $1.92 - 10 units

vaney88

hey rob dogg im posting my plays on your forum so i can show you how its done. cya monday man tigers going to rip sh!t up

Round 1
    Current Record 0-0-0
    Current bankroll $1000

Just to clear things up - I will be only recording my plays as stats. Unit value is $10 per unit

New Zealand -6.5 $1.91 - 10 units

Melbourne Storm -4.5 $1.92 - 5 units

Wests Tigers -2.5 $1.92 - 10 units

b3tftw
    b3tftw's Avatar Become A Pro!

What do you guys think about the Sharks vs Raiders game? With Campese, Orford and possibly Dugan out, it will surely test the depth of the raiders squad. The sharks are fully fit and with the acquisitions of Smith and Graham i think the line at +6.0 is a good play.

azplaya
    azplaya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 995

Any plays for tonight?

rob_nuts

Tough night Saturday, didn't expect Warriors to lose like that at home! Sorry couldn't get to a computer yesterday, lets finish off the Round with a Monday night winner.

Bulldogs vs. Wests Tigers -2.5 (x2) $1.92

YTD: 1-2 -2.18U

StevoS

Yeah a couple of unexpected results this weekend. I'm with you on the Tigers Rob.

vaney88

Tigers -2.5 is the play tonight!

Bulldogs have 6 new players in the lineup. Both of the halves are recruits so i think it will take a few games for them to start to gel. Morris will be off his game as i will be on the sideline giving him a mouthful.

Big lote for first tryscorer

Coochiemudlo
    Coochiemudlo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by vaney88 View Post
    Tigers -2.5 is the play tonight!

Bulldogs have 6 new players in the lineup. Both of the halves are recruits so i think it will take a few games for them to start to gel. Morris will be off his game as i will be on the sideline giving him a mouthful.

Big lote for first tryscorer

Good luck! Im on the dogs and expect the new halves to come out firing! Lookout

kingsr
    kingsr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3061

Quote Originally Posted by Coochiemudlo View Post
    Good luck! Im on the dogs and expect the new halves to come out firing! Lookout
    I'm with you here! Small play on dogs 13+

I'm a little biased though. Careful on your outlay, Tigers do always match up well against us.

StevoS

Tough weekend. Hard to pick round 1 winners. Well done to Canterbury backers.

vaney88

congrats canterbury!
    Wow horrible start to the season! 3 lesons were learnt from round one.

1. Dont put big bets on round one. - Goes without saying, i deserve what i got.
    2. Dont bet with your heart. - Poor old Tigs
    3. Wade McKinnon is the worse player in the NRL

Round 1 conclusion
    Current Record 1-2-0
    Current bankroll $850

New Zealand -6.5 $1.91 - 10 units Loss
    Melbourne Storm -4.5 $1.92 - 5 units Win
    Wests Tigers -2.5 $1.92 - 10 units Loss

rob_nuts

Tough loss last night, if Benji kicked his conversions and McKinnon missed the team bus it could have been a different story.

After 1 Round: 1-3 -4.18U

rob_nuts

Some early leans for Round 2 now that the odds and teams have been announced.

Penrith +4.5
    Canberra -6
    Wests Tigers -6

A couple of good games tomorrow night, will post my plays tomorrow sometime!

vaney88

Round 2
    Current Record 1-2-0
    Current bankroll $850

First Play Parramatta v Penrith - 3 units
    Parramatta -4.5

Second play Canberra v Brisbane 5 units
    Canberra -6

Third play Tigers v Warriors 5 units
    Tigers -6

Fourth play Rabbits v Bulldogs 3 units
    Bulldogs -4.5

rob_nuts

Round 2 Friday Night Plays

Canberra -6 vs. Brisbane (x2) $1.92

I might regret this but I am also going to lay a Unit on the Penrith, expect a close game and a turnaround from last week.

Parramatta vs. Penrith +4.5 $1.92

Beniphone
    Beniphone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2393

I like the call on the panthers, not playing it myself but leaning it, bol

rob_nuts

Got a nice start with Penrith dominating Parra, but what happened in the Canberra game?

Canberra were living in the Brisbane 20, so many chances to score 3 or 4, Yow Yeh just scored and looks like it is all locked up, crazy start to the season.

Bounce back tomorrow.

StevoS

Nice call on the Panthers Rob

rob_nuts

Round 2 Super Saturday Big Play

Wests Tigers -6 vs. Warriors (x 4)

Big play here on the Tig's expect a big game at Leichhardt

Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rob_nuts
    Last edited by rob_nuts; 03-18-11 at 11:44 PM.

rob_nuts

Good win for the Tigers, very stressful game will take the late cover though, 2-1 for the round, that will do me for the night left the late game alone.

More tips tomorrow!

12 Last