picantel
    picantel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

fox- tuesday horsies

I will put my meadows plays. These are rough picks. I will notate the ones I like the most in a bit. Right now I have to view some replays to confirm what I remember. Did a little thoroughbreds today and made about $600 already. Make 2k last night.

Meadows

Race 1: #4 Corlewon(2/1). I hate betting the 2/1 ML fave against a horse who beat him last time but this time he has the position on the #5 and should either go wire to wire or sit in the 2hole and close over the #5. This is a two horse race. 4-5

Race 2: #1 Daylon Invader(6/1). This is a horrible race to bet on hence a small play and backend of the DD. Literally any of the 8 running could win. I will take this front end horse who finally draws inside position and is one of only 2 front end speedsters. Hopefully he leaves out with Wilder and wins.

Race 3: #6 Looking To Art(6/1). Horses coming off of good qualifers have been racing well at the meadows and nice prices i.e. a 60-1 shot last night.. This horse is dropping in class and comes off a 12 length qualifying win on a good track. He is worth at least a small play and a 2nd leg DD.

Race 4: #4 Quinjos Prestie(4/1). Nothing says pain like baby trotters. I sincerely doubt half this short field will even finish the race. That being said, I will take a closer with Palone and a decent shot. He broke twice last time and still made up 7 in the stretch to settle in 2nd by 1/2. He stays flat he wins.

Race 5: #8 Defiant Sahbra(5/1). Dropping down to where he was very competitive and retains Wilder. The problem here is he needs a speed dual and I do not see much speed in this race. Also has the #3 closing underneathe him. Still, a decent chance to outwit this field.

Race 6: #4 Daley Double(12/1). My huh play of the day. Broke in 4/6 races and is the longest ML on the board. Still, there is talent here and if he stays flat he probably will win. A big IF.

Race 7: #8 Scotts Rolls Royce(10/1). I am picking this horse with great reluctance. The #9 has been dominating with 3 wins and times way faster than this field and this field lacks front end speed which the #9 has. However, win streaks rarely carry over 3 at the meadows and I am looking for an upset. Last week the #8 sat in last until after the half. The horse sitting in 4th was gapping so he came out first over and then was pushed out 3wide for around 3/8 of the race. He decided after going 3-4 wide to split in under the fave and was boxed in the entire stretch drive. IT would take a miracle but he can do it. I also like the #1 Real Easy at 15/1 because he is only 2 horses with early speed and he can win this race. Pic3 wager definately.

Race 8: #1 Red Oaks Dustin(5/2). Frankly, the #5 may be too tough. However, this horse raced competitively and got 2nd after going first over. I thought wow he closed well until I realized that the #5 stopped trying. Still, he if leaves and gets the 2hole he can win.

Race 9: #2 Major Pursuit(6/1). Has been trying hard and now gets a little class relief and the services of Palone. Hoping he leaves and gets a decent trip.

Race 10: #4 Windtalker(7/2). I like the class drop and the fact he is a closer in a race full of front end speed. Unfortunately, like the rest of these nags, he has a breaking problem. Will box up with the #1 because Palone took the #1 over the ML fave #3.

Race 11: #8 Solicitor Hanover(6/1). Big drop in class if he can manage to run around the track without breaking. I do not like the ML fave Giant Winner Vita at all in this race. Props to the #5 if a speed dual breaks out and the #1 as a longhshot possibility in the pic3s and tri.

Race 12: #1 Buckeye Hanover(7/2). Taking this horse right back going up in class. I see him sitting in the 2hole in a short field and hoping sweeping to the win.

Race 13: #5 Quikmaster(3/1). Had him last week off a tough trip and will retake him off the drop. This time he should have better position. Props to the #2 who can win this thing and the #9 who needs a decent hole to leave into for a chance. He was live last week though. IF the #7 wins I will strangle someone as I played him last week.
    Last edited by picantel; 03-14-06 at 03:32 PM.

picantel

wtf. my 4/1 ML and my 6/1ML both won at 1/1. this blows. My other horse got 2nd and zendt took a 3 claimer to a half of 56:4 and cooked his ass although I will bet him next week for sure.

picantel

I love trotters. Both entries break and I had $10 on every horse in this short field because the entry had 3500/3900

# Win Place Show
    2 15.00 12.40 19.80
    6 9.20 14.20
    3 70.20

a gift from the gods of harness racing.

picantel

watch the #8 in race 7. I am furious now. sitting on a 40-1 shot and look what paver does nearing the final turn. wtf was that.

picantel

lol. I had boca hanover at dover with $30 win and an 8-5-all tri and he gets parked the entire mile from the #8 post and still wins. Comes in 8-5-xx. He was 6/1. unreal. Also just hit a $791 tri at some thoroubred track. Was getting killed with drivers but am going strong now.