mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Weekend Soccer

Boy's what happened to all the soccer tips? Are you all shy?

Hey Taco, whatcha' think of the Spurs v Chelsea this weekend? The odds look mighty tempting, similarly Newcastle who are playing as well as anyone right now.

adriano
    all-in
    adriano's Avatar Become A Pro!

ok Mad, here is one crap pick from me:

Bolton -0.5 +109

Reading ml
    Last edited by adriano; 03-10-06 at 12:02 PM.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Don't tell me you fancy Spurs again, mad? Damn, should I waste my time in asking?

Seriously, I can't see past Chelsea who are -1 +107 at Pinnacle. The facts are that Chelsea have won 13 and drawn 1 of their 14 home games this season and have given up only 7 goals and kept 5 clean sheets in the process. They're out of the CL, the championship is won - the only thing they have to aim for is to win the championship earlier than last year and that is what they appear to be setting out to do. And you can bet they don't want to let Spurs get one over them.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Ooops - just realised that the match has just started with an early kick-off.

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by adriano

Bolton -0.5 +109

Reading ml
    Not bad at all. Redeemed myself with your pick here mate, thanks.

Taco, at the time i thought $8 for a win, $4 a draw was ridiculous. Plus i knew you'd love the Spurs too. Alas i see all was in vain. Might play Newcastle tommorrrow.

ourbet
    ourbet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by adriano

Bolton -0.5 +109

Reading ml
    This turned out to be a GREAT pick adriano, especially as Bolton stuffed West Ham 4:1 and Rodney Marsh had this one down as a 1:1 draw.

adriano
    all-in
    adriano's Avatar Become A Pro!

i had something much better but didn't post it...Mad is right, i guess i was shy.
    The strategy was playing against teams that lost in European competition this week, so i had:

Tot +0.5 lost@Che
    Hertha +0.5 won@Werder
    Wolvsburg +0.5 won vs. B. Munchen
    Ascoli +0.5 won vs. Roma

The last bet is:

AC Milan pick and +0.5 @Juve

Juve didn't lose but played really a poor game against Werder. I think no one in Italy wants Juve to win this game and go 13 points clear at the top, they have the championship wrapped up, but some kind of intrigue must be left for the remainding 2 months of the season, at least for the media...Game starts in one hour and something.