kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Sat. Gulfstream Park Breeder's Cup Gr. 1 Turf

Mustanfar 3-1 ML, 2nd choice

http://www.drf.com/row/pps/06gp_bc_turf.pdf

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I'm passing the Gulfstream race. I don't see any value in that race, a pretty weak field for a Grade 1. Mustanfur loves Gulfstream, but I'm not sold on him off the layoff but have no faith in the other horses.

I'm looking at two races on Saturday. The feature at Aqueduct and the feature at Oaklawn.

At Aqueduct, I'm looking at India Halo. I scored with this filly at 7-1 two starts back over likely favorite in here Bohemian Lady. Unfortunately, the price will be much shorter on Saturday with only a 5-horse field but I like her to win with two speed horses battling up front in Bohemian Lady and Amazing Buy. She should get a nice trip from off the pace.

At Oaklawn in the Southwest Stakes, I'm leaning toward Music School, who is 2-2 lifetime and won off a 6-month layoff in his last race going 1 mile. Tons of speed in this race. If he improves off his last, he could win this at 3 or 4-1. I'm also looking at deep closer Steppenwolfer to have a chance. His price will be better than Music School, but the former should be closer to the pace and get a jump if the speed and favorite (Lawyer Dan) gets tired. Oaklawn PPs below.

http://www.drf.com/row/pps/06southwest.pdf

kdmfox

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew
    I'm passing the Gulfstream race. I don't see any value in that race, a pretty weak field for a Grade 1. Mustanfur loves Gulfstream, but I'm not sold on him off the layoff but have no faith in the other horses.

I'm looking at two races on Saturday. The feature at Aqueduct and the feature at Oaklawn.

At Aqueduct, I'm looking at India Halo. I scored with this filly at 7-1 two starts back over likely favorite in here Bohemian Lady. Unfortunately, the price will be much shorter on Saturday with only a 5-horse field but I like her to win with two speed horses battling up front in Bohemian Lady and Amazing Buy. She should get a nice trip from off the pace.

At Oaklawn in the Southwest Stakes, I'm leaning toward Music School, who is 2-2 lifetime and won off a 6-month layoff in his last race going 1 mile. Tons of speed in this race. If he improves off his last, he could win this at 3 or 4-1. I'm also looking at deep closer Steppenwolfer to have a chance. His price will be better than Music School, but the former should be closer to the pace and get a jump if the speed and favorite (Lawyer Dan) gets tired. Oaklawn PPs below.

http://www.drf.com/row/pps/06southwest.pdf
    Albarado has been riding Music School and Steppenwolfer their last 2 starts, and opts for Music School in this race ... I'm more a harness fan, so I'll opt for your pick here ... The #3 Lawyer Ron looks monster here off continual improving races ... We both know they stop and throw in clunkers here and there ... #5 to win and 1-5 exacta boxes.

Good Luck.

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

Gonna take a shot here with Continuously at 6-1. Has always burned money for the strong S.B Khaled barn. Frankel knows how to get them ready off the layoff, plenty of 6F works means this is horse is ready to fire. I do like that Frankel brings in a California rider B.Blanc. Not a strong rider but he can get the job done. I see this horse going off at 12-1 because Blanc is on. I will put $10 on him and watch the race.

Seattle Slew

I wouldn't make a big deal of Albarado's decision here. He rides first call for trainer Neil Howard, so he'll always be on his horses even if he thinks the other horse is better. In this case, Music School might be better anyway. The good news is the other horse's price will be much better, likely 6-1 or higher.

Quote Originally Posted by kdmfox
    Albarado has been riding Music School and Steppenwolfer their last 2 starts, and opts for Music School in this race ... I'm more a harness fan, so I'll opt for your pick here ... The #3 Lawyer Ron looks monster here off continual improving races ... We both know they stop and throw in clunkers here and there ... #5 to win and 1-5 exacta boxes.

Good Luck.

Seattle Slew

After looking at the race, I'm leaning toward kdmfox's pick of Mustanfur. He's the best horse and sometimes the layoffs don't hurt turf horses as much as dirt horses. I'll wait and see if I score on India Halo before making a play.

As for the other horse, I'd respect a mule if Frankel enters him in a race. He's been on a tear in Southern California this year and has 3 winners at Gulfstream. The horse's form is shaky at best, but Gulfstream is famous for some of these longshots winning.

Quote Originally Posted by hanco21
    Gonna take a shot here with Continuously at 6-1. Has always burned money for the strong S.B Khaled barn. Frankel knows how to get them ready off the layoff, plenty of 6F works means this is horse is ready to fire. I do like that Frankel brings in a California rider B.Blanc. Not a strong rider but he can get the job done. I see this horse going off at 12-1 because Blanc is on. I will put $10 on him and watch the race.

picantel
    picantel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

Hmm with 8 mtp I am going with, umm , hmm, uhh, the #4 Einstein

picantel

son of a bitch lol someone shoot me now. I forgot to play him to win lol lol. I did get the tri when I wheeled the #4 over all but I missed the super because I put the #3 in 3rd instead of 2nd. with the 2 faves my $42 wheel bet would have paid a hell of alot more on a win ticket than half the tri.

picantel

ok that stupid bet cost me $200.

kdmfox

When you have a $14 winner you pound him to win before you start lining up tri's and supers ... Your wife will be damn disappointed in you.

picantel

heh she could care less but I am embarressed as hell. I thought I played the win ticket and just forgot.

Seattle Slew

Too bad you didn't nail it. That was a great pick at Gulfstream. Typical Gulfstream race. A horse that never ran in a stakes race beats a solid group of turf runners. I was on Bejaraano the last two Saturdays with no luck and he scores today at 7-1.

My day was typical, another second place finish (India Halo) at Aqueduct (loses by 7 to the chalk) and nothing in the Oaklawn feature. My top pick, Music School, gets a perfect trip and looked like he had a great shot turning for home and is empty in the stretch. My second pick, who I had backup money on to WP at 6-1, can't catch the 1-2 favorite and comes up 3/4 of a length short. Would have at least gotten my money back if he gets up.

I should stick to college basketball. Who am I kidding. Santa Anita Handicap is next Saturday.