adriano
    all-in
    adriano's Avatar Become A Pro!

Champions league soccer 21-22/2

Champions league knock-out stage is knocking on the door...i find thess offers for Tuesday very appealing:

210 Real Madrid -0.5 and -1 -128

226 Total Goals Tuesday UNDER 8.5 and 9 -104@Pinnacle

Somebody have an opinion?

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love the call on Real, adriano. Resurgent and at home against a wobbly Arsenal. I'll be on it with ya'.

Any Tottenham plays out there for Taco?

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Quote Originally Posted by mad
    Any Tottenham plays out there for Taco?
    They haven't got a game until the 5th of march - that's put an end to your soccer betting for a couple of weeks.

mad

Not a chance mate, i can still bum plays of you blokes.

tacomax

Despite their wealth of star talent, Real Madrid aren't the best team in the world and not even the best team in Spain. However, they've won 6 league games on the trot scoring 18 goals and letting in only 4. That's pretty impressive.

Contrast that with Arsenal who have had a consistently bad season in the league, especially away from home - they've averaged under 0.7 goals per game away from Highbury. Add to that they've only got one fit striker (although it's Henry probably the best in the world) and one first choice defender - you look at the projected team and you're thinking "who the fcuk is he???".

Lehmann; Eboue, Senderos, Toure, Flamini; Ljungberg, Hleb, Fabregas, Silva, Pires; Henry.
    Don't let Arsenal's form in the group stages cloud your judgement. Yes, they won the first 5 games in the group and drew the last one. The key point is that the 5th winning game in the group was 3 months ago and, from December onwards, they have been on a dismal run which shows no signs of stopping.

So, all the stats point to a Real Madrid win and possibly a sizeable one - there still looks like some value in the -0.5 & -1 line, even at odds of -128.

mad

Probably not a great betting proposition but does anyone have any strong leans in the Bayern-AC game tonight? Haven't looked at it yet myself but i thought you fellas might have something. A sit and watch game?

adriano
    all-in

R Madrid -1 -105 at the moment.
    Now i really love this play. imo the only solid play for tonight.

Bayern-AC M definitly a sit and watch game...that is if you don't get bored to death first.

mad

Not that it matters much but even money available at intertops and expekt on Real. Gonna' play Bayern at home, gut more than anything else. Just like them here, gotta take an advantage to next leg. Small bikkies though.

fixxer
    fixxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

I'll play Real Ml for high stakes....(8/10) (5th bet, 4/4 till now)

Recent form, injuries, home advantage....all fact point to an easy Real win...

mad

Well boys we all got suckered into this one. What a PATHETIC display by an utterly pathetic team. Please put me out of my misery.

tacomax

Certainly a surprising result. And certainly a cracking goal by Henry.

fixxer
    fixxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by fixxer
    I'll play Real Ml for high stakes....(8/10) (5th bet, 4/4 till now)

Recent form, injuries, home advantage....all fact point to an easy Real win...

Well, I didn't consider the "Real-factor".....Arsenal was far better, Real fully deserved to lose....

We can't always win ......

(5/4)

adriano
    all-in

Well, i'm sorry guys, we were f**ked royally...watched some of this crap game...madrid didn't show up to play tonight. Truly galactic shit.

mad

What annoys me most is not the fact that we lost but the fact that we got sucked into the hype surrounding Madrid. Classic suckers bet, taking short odds and the bookies laughing all the way to the bank. Oh well we'll get 'em next time.

What was interesting was the fact that you could get $5.50 on Arsenal to win ""live betting" up to and including half time. I was tempted as i thought those odds were to juicy after watching the first half, but didn't have the cajones. Something to keep in mind for the future?????

Any of you guys ever use this option? I'd be worried that as the game ebbs and flows i'd have about 20 wagers submitted!

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

The under 2.5 goals went 4-0. Knockout round, first leg; home team takes only minimal risk not to allow an expensive away goal; road team happy to sit back and decide things at home.

Fading home team went 3-1. Fading Ajax, Chelsea, Rangers, and Werder today?

adriano
    all-in

i think we were too preoccupied with Arsenal's poor form, not so long ago they were a brilliant team, they still have good players, some of them very young indeed, they have a good coach, so this result is not a surprise really...after such a long period of poor away form, and also not to forget the reversed psychology of this team, now almost 2 years that they don't have a chance to win the Premier league, and they won't win it in the next 2 also, so they had to turn their attention ot european competition.

I am never influenced by the Real Madrid galactic hype shit. This club is the laughing stock of Europe the last 3 years. Just a business venture, not a soccer club anymore. Crap players like Beckham and Gravesen and others that should have long been retired as Carlos and Zidane...and Raul totally wasted, should probably have been traded years ago...they just shouldn't be there. Woodgate last night suffered for the 3rd a recurrence of the same injury that delayed his debut for the club by 1.5 years after he was signed...etc.

adriano
    all-in

i called it under 8.5 goals for Tue, but not so sure about today.

There are four teams with very potent attacks in Wer-Juve and Che-Barca. These games could yet finish with just 1 goal in them, but could go also as high as 3 or 4.
    Ajax-Int and Rang-Villar should stay under 2.5.

Indeed all four home teams can be faded again today...

mad

I really have no feel for these games whatsoever. I'll definitely be sitting this one out. Good luck if you decide to have a bet.

adriano
    all-in

Not decided on anything yet.
    Would watch with great pleasure Chelsea-Barcelona. This will be one of the games of the season, just like last year.

mad

Only concern over that match adriano would be the state of the playing surface. Holy smokes it was nothing but mud with green paint on it for the FA cup match last weekend. Those fancy pants Barca boys might not like that too much. Although some slippin' and slidin' could be exactly what the doctor ordered, so to speak. Might make things even more interesting.

Any feel here for the total in this game?

adriano
    all-in

Ouch, i forgot about the pitch. This may result in more than 2.5 goals?
    Chelsea not playing well defensively, Cech starting to make mistakes, Terry too, Carvalho is due one blunder a game, Gallas out i think? Barca too can be shaky at the back.
    The playing surface is a concern tough...also teams might be more cautious this year, you remember what a crazy two games they played last time.
    I really want to play the over?

mad

You know i might have a go at that, over 2.5. So long as the pitch isn't unplayable, i would be wagering on several mistakes (don't care who makes them), which in turn would lead to a minimum 2-1 scoreline. It's a gamble but not unreasonable, hey i'll give it a shot. Couple it with the fact that combined these two teams have scored 110 goals in their respective leagues so far this season, me thinks this could be a bit of fun.

P.S I see the under is favoured which doesn't disuade me any either, particularly after last night.
    Last edited by mad; 02-22-06 at 12:33 PM.

shantystar
    shantystar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 117

ajax will won

over

adriano
    all-in

i am playing it CHE/BAR over 2 and 2.5 -103

mad

I'm off to watch the pre-game, best of luck boys. Let's hope we can ca$h this mofo

mad

Well there goes another one. penetrate the champions league.

tacomax

Quote Originally Posted by mad
    Well there goes another one.
    If you mean the Chelsea over 2.5 I wouldn't give up. It's 1-1, two own goals and Chelsea have had to make 2 goaline clearances in as many minutes.

Dead Money
    Dead Money's Avatar Become A Pro!

tacomax

mad is the new imgv94.

mad

Boys i thought we were done and dusted at half time. Spoke a bit too soon me thinks. Thank god for own goals, LOL.

Dead Money

I took the over 9 @ + 138 for all 4 games
    over for the Chelsea game -108

Thanks Adriano and Mad........

I hope someone tailed the olympic pucks picks for today, Jusso and I have been smokin'

adriano
    all-in

You're welcome DM. I got suckered into Slovakia, but cashed on Finland.

Mad,Taco i have never cheered own-goals like that...good job Motta and Terry.

I've got two games for today. Will parlay them also.

Hamburg -322 (even -1.5 -103 is reasonable enough).

AZ Alkmaar -0.5 -105

Both teams at home, better class than their opponents, well motivated after suprise away losses in the first leg, will win games in regulation time.
    Last edited by adriano; 02-23-06 at 06:17 AM.

mad

LOL, own goals are great. Terry's was a "pearler" of a header. Pity it was into his own net but i'm not complaining.

Dead Money

I'm with you Adriano.

Didn't even look at the matchups, but what the hell if you like em...I like em..

Dead Money

Adriano....

Thanks, you had those 2 games pegged. Very nice job.

I love betting soccer, I just do not have enough knowledge about all of these teams and leagues.
    My limit stops at English Premier. I'm willing to learn but there is not as munch interest in the US about soccer unfortunatley.

Thanks again!!

12 Last